Biden, A Good American President, Pilfers Classified Docs

18 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Only top secret documents require a SCIF. Secret and confidential documents can be viewed outside of a SCIF. So the docs that look really bad for Biden are the ten with top secret classification. Lower classified documents (apparently) can get picked up with non-classified documents unintentional. 

Do you think Pence took the documents intentionally?

Intentionally, yes. With malicious intent, very unlikely. My opinion. 

You, as the gatekeeper of logic and common sense, want to believe that a 50+ year creature of Washington, one who has told easily disproved tall tales every step of the way, is a victim and is being done wrong by incompetent staff and is now a stand-up guy for immediately reporting himself after several years of not doing so. In drips and drabs, no less. 

To use one of your terms, that’s wish-casting. 

Edited by JDHillFan

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Then why suddenly decide to tell on yourself? And then conduct a search and turn over more documents. 

If this has been intentional and he’d been getting away with it for years, why would he tell the Feds about it?

Why were thousand dollar an hour lawyers pilfering through his office when they found the classified documents?  What were they looking for?   To me that's the big question that to my knowledge has not been asked.

5 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Intentionally, yes. With malicious intent, very unlikely. My opinion. 

You, as the gatekeeper of logic and common sense, want to believe that a 50+ year creature of Washington, one who has told easily disproved tall tales every step of the way, is a victim and is being done wrong by incompetent staff and is now a stand-up guy for immediately reporting himself after several years of not doing so. In drips and drabs, no less. 

To use one of your terms, that’s wish-casting. 

Look, I don’t particularly care for Biden. He’s… fine. If he took the documents intentionally, then he should be prosecuted.

But I’m looking at the fact that apparently every government employee just walks out of the building with classified documents; and the fact that Biden volunteered that he had docs when nobody knew he did, had his people do a search and invited the feds to do a search, and I have a bit of trouble assuming he took them on purpose. 

Again, if he did, he should be indicted. I’m glad the special counsel investigating this is a strong conservative. I feel like he’ll do everything he can to get Biden. If he does, Biden probably deserves it. If he doesn’t, then it’s almost certainly accidental spillage.

We’ll see what happens but I still feel like Biden and Pence are going to be in the clear. 

I'm driving down the road and get pulled over by a cop.  When I reach into my glove compartment to get my license and registration, an open bottle of Jack Black falls out.  It was left there by my buddy who I let use my car to go on a Taco Bell run the night before. I didn't put it there and didn't even know it was there. Think the cop will believe me? Think it will matter?  I'm getting a citation or going to jail. How is this different besides it's a powerful special person as opposed to a shmuck like me?

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm driving down the road and get pulled over by a cop.  When I reach into my glove compartment to get my license and registration, an open bottle of Jack Black falls out.  It was left there by my buddy who I let use my car to go on a Taco Bell run the night before. I didn't put it there and didn't even know it was there. Think the cop will believe me? Think it will matter?  I'm getting a citation or going to jail. How is this different besides it's a powerful special person as opposed to a shmuck like me?

If you go to jail in that scenario, you have hired a terrible attorney. 

58 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

then it’s almost certainly accidental spillage.

That just happened repeatedly to this unwitting dupe over many years. 

At least now when you try to lecture everyone on the use of logic and common sense no one needs to give you any credence. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

He informed the government immediately. Same day they were discovered, I believe. 

You mean that same doj that leaks everything under the sun whenever it fits a narrative?  

Sheep get slaughtered my friend.  Open your eyes.

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I don’t know. That’s what you have an investigation for. 

Pence says that his documents were inadvertently packed with his stuff. Maybe it’s the same with Biden. Maybe it’s not. We’ll see. 

Clearly the controls around classified documents aren’t effective. 

So it’s your contention that the bureaucracy is controlling everything and Biden isn’t actually president? Who is in charge of the bureaucracy? Who is making those decisions?

When someone in an Easter Bunny outfit stops you from answering sensitive questions - you are not in charge.  What a mess!

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

That just happened repeatedly to this unwitting dupe over many years. 

At least now when you try to lecture everyone on the use of logic and common sense no one needs to give you any credence. 

You still haven’t answered my question:

If Biden did this intentionally and had been getting away with it for years, why would he suddenly turn himself in?

Also, do you believe Pence took the documents intentionally?

Just now, ChiGoose said:

If Biden did this intentionally and had been getting away with it for years, why would he suddenly turn himself in?

Intentionally? Not sure that's really the problem here...but whatever.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Intentionally? Not sure that's really the problem here...but whatever.

It’s literally the reason why someone does or doesn’t get charged. It’s why Biden and Pence will not be indicted but Trump probably will be. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

It’s literally the reason why someone does or doesn’t get charged. It’s why Biden and Pence will not be indicted but Trump probably will be. 

Sure it is. Keep telling yourself that. If you use it three times in a sentence, it'll become true.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

I answered your second question. Attention to detail is important for someone that paints themselves as a purveyor of logic beyond that of the common man. Please read more carefully going forward. 

To the first question I don’t know. I do know that guilty individuals sometimes try to ease their situations by cooperating and pleading rather than obfuscating. You seem to feel covering up is the only way forward for someone in his position   The guy has a lifelong record of telling lies. To me, that makes him untrustworthy. To you, that makes him…fine. 

Just now, JDHillFan said:

I answered your second question. Attention to detail is important for someone that paints themselves as a purveyor of logic beyond that of the common man. Please read more carefully going forward. 

To the first question I don’t know. I do know that guilty individuals sometimes try to ease their situations by cooperating and pleading rather than obfuscating. You seem to feel covering up is the only way forward for someone in his position   The guy has a lifelong record of telling lies. To me, that makes him untrustworthy. To you, that makes him…fine. 

So you think Pence should be indicted then?

So Biden took the documents intentionally and then suddenly decided he wanted to hurt himself politically by telling on himself? This is what we are going with as the most logical explanation?

Just now, ChiGoose said:

So you think Pence should be indicted then?

So Biden took the documents intentionally and then suddenly decided he wanted to hurt himself politically by telling on himself? This is what we are going with as the most logical explanation?

No. A guy with a lifelong record of lies is now a paragon of virtue. That’s the most logical explanation. He’s…fine. Carry on. 

• Agree 1

Just now, JDHillFan said:

No. A guy with a lifelong record of lies is now a paragon of virtue. That’s the most logical explanation. He’s…fine. Carry on. 

Don’t put words in my mouth just because you can’t explain your own theory of the case. 

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Don’t put words in my mouth just because you can’t explain your own theory of the case. 

My theory is based on logic and common sense. He took the documents. They were not accidentally spilled by staffers. You claim to be big on facts. Is there a single fact to indicate staffers are at fault?

21 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

My theory is based on logic and common sense. He took the documents. They were not accidentally spilled by staffers. You claim to be big on facts. Is there a single fact to indicate staffers are at fault?

The media have said that with Biden it's different.  That's all that matters. 

Backfill the media marching orders with a hand waving narrative.

There's your facts.

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

It seems like an awful heavy lift to take limited information and speculate as to the potential criminal activity of another, especially given the complicating factor that Washington, DC is like no other place on earth.  Who knows what complaints may have been lodged against Biden previously, who might be squeezing him to step forward, or what complicating factors might enter into this?  

It's especially difficult to project if you are a person who follows normal societal rules, pay taxes on time, puts in an honest day's work and avoids HR issues and the appearance of impropriety, that sort of thing.  What we know is that Joe Biden isn't that guy--he says horribly inappropriate things, has been credibly accused of assault and groping, worked the Ukranian's over when his son had deep ties to the government, and seems to like getting a piece of the actions when folks use his name for their gain.  

The bigger question is why a guy would consistently and regularly completely disregard the laws of the land and tenets of common sense to treat national security issues like a half-used can of Turtle Wax.  To see it happen over several decades, presumably with different administrative/legal staff over the years, certainly leads to the conclusion that he simply didn't think the rules that he bloviated about applied to him.  

• Agree 1