Biden, A Good American President, Pilfers Classified Docs

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No, that’s not necessary when we can focus on the facts as they happened. 

Assuming Garland was negotiating for return over items in Trump’s possession for 6 or 8 months, there’s no reason to believe additional administrative/court action could not be undertaken.  It also implies to me that rumors of Trump betraying the country are quite unlikely to be true.   

Once Garland pulled the trigger on the raid, I’d think the process would take place with the utmost professionalism to avoid the obvious political ramifications that come with the AG appointed by one party sending investigators to another.  I don’t believe that happened.

I am uncomfortable painting the individuals carrying out the search (people do have responsibility and orders to follow), but when you control the premises for multiple hours, have specific data you are looking for, I would think great care would be taken to limit your search to that which you are there to take however long it takes.  Instead, we end up with leaks, inferences, photo shoots and the like and the DOJ rejecting the judges rather benign assignment of an independent party to render an opinion on items that apparently should not have been taken.  

Again, I get they can do all that.  I just don’t know that they should have. 

Anyway, this about Biden, and thankfully some folks not beholden to team Biden are going to look into it:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-comments-documents-classified-north-american-leaders-summit/?intcid=CNI-00-10aaa3b

He seems to be blaming his attorneys for grabbing the documents.  Interesting spin. 

So if I stole something from you and you knew where I was keeping your stuff, you would oppose the police taking your things back from me?

10 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

The irony is deep.

If the Same DOJ that ordered a raid on Trumps place, doesn't investigate Biden. it proves its not justice, but political.

It is investigating Biden. It even assigned a Trump-appointed US attorney to oversee the investigation. 

But facts are hard for Trumpers

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

So if I stole something from you and you knew where I was keeping your stuff, you would oppose the police taking your things back from me? 

But you didn’t steal something from me. Well, my time maybe with silly ‘what if you stole donuts from my kitchen’ questions, but I can forgive you for that.  I can see you’re struggling to back me into a corner that doesn’t exist. 

• Like (+1) 1

Is there ever a point where we stop comparing and politicizing gross offenses that would result in military people losing their commissions/jobs and perhaps facing criminal charges?

This recent generation of the political class, regardless of party affiliation, leads a life devoid of any accountability for basic law abidance.

Doesn't matter which party, these are grossly negligent and potentially criminal acts that get other folks put in jail.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

But you didn’t steal something from me. Well, my time maybe with silly ‘what if you stole donuts from my kitchen’ questions, but I can forgive you for that.  I can see you’re struggling to back me into a corner that doesn’t exist. 

Trump stole from the government and retained the stolen goods for 8 months after being told to return them. 

I find it really hard to believe you would oppose the execution of a search warrant in that scenario if it wasn’t Trump. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Trump stole from the government and retained the stolen goods for 8 months after being told to return them. 

I find it really hard to believe you would oppose the execution of a search warrant in that scenario if it wasn’t Trump. 

So we will see search warrants to confirm their isn't any more hidden docs?

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Only if Biden decides to obstruct and lie to investigators. 

LMAO. we all know Biden will never even respond to investigators.  maybe a lawyer. 

Adn the MSM will explain the reasoning as "orange man bad"

and then crickets.

But then again old Hillary has been working her old contacts and money big time. like she is planning something in 2024

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Some things are complicated, Chi, some things are not. They didn’t raid him at 2 months, 4 months, 6 months and certainly could have waited to 9 months, 12 months etc.   You say it was time to bring the hammer down.  I say if the hammer needed to be brought down it should have happened almost immediately.  It seems there are no real guidelines for tracking this stuff and what happens when you violate protocol, so 8 months is an arbitrary number in my opinion. 

I would not support the execution of a search warrant at this point in Biden’s case, though it seems fairly clear to me the explanation given so far makes virtually no sense whatsoever.  That is to say, I believe, but  could  be wrong, that he’s lying about how this all played out.

I understand you see things differently, but I’ve explained my perspective multiple times. 

I think @sherpa ‘s comments above reflect pretty accurately the way I used to view these things.  I wish, sincerely, that I could get past cynicism and the thought that to win the day, sketchy behavior and manipulation of voters is a job requirement.  That’s the game and how it’s played.  

Btw, you keep mentioning Trump when the wrongdoer here is Biden.  You probably lost track of that. 🤫

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

LMAO. we all know Biden will never even respond to investigators.  maybe a lawyer. 

Adn the MSM will explain the reasoning as "orange man bad"

and then crickets.

But then again old Hillary has been working her old contacts and money big time. like she is planning something in 2024

Biden is already cooperating with investigators. 

Do you actually look anything up before posting or do you prefer to just be wrong all the time?

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, Trump is guilty, Biden just is not

Biden's mistake will not admissible in court as evidence to defend the First Criminal 

I thought only Chigoose is allowed to make the "Republicans are evil, Democrats are only inept" argument?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I thought only Chigoose is allowed to make the "Republicans are evil, Democrats are only inept" argument?

Some Dems are bad. 

In fact, the reason the Trump appointed US Attorney in Chicago is still employed and able to oversee the Biden investigation is because he’s also overseeing the Madigan investigation. Madigan is as corrupt as they come and the senators from Illinois wanted the US attorney to continue going after him so Biden didn’t ask for his resignation when he came into office. 

29 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Some Dems are bad. 

In fact, the reason the Trump appointed US Attorney in Chicago is still employed and able to oversee the Biden investigation is because he’s also overseeing the Madigan investigation. Madigan is as corrupt as they come and the senators from Illinois wanted the US attorney to continue going after him so Biden didn’t ask for his resignation when he came into office. 

So there's one.  Come on Chi, keep them coming!  

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No 

I wish I could say you were smarter than this, yet here we are. Are you at least an attractive person, Tibs?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Did you even bother to look at the list of proceedings that the biz insider article summarized.  NYS is still working on a different case.  As I said above, if there's evidence of Biden's obstruction then prosecute.  Laws are made to be upheld.  If they are not, anarchy results which seems to be the intent of many on the right.

Nope, haven't wasted my time looking at it.  And I have no doubt they're working on as many ways as they can.  They'll still fail to get anything significant on him.

And obstruction isn't the problem for Joke.  It's illegally possessing classified material.  Just because he didn't obstruct it's return (which is false, or at least misleading), it doesn't mean he didn't commit a crime and shouldn't be punished.  But again, there are backroom deals to be struck and I'm betting they will be.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

But Obama could just declassify, right?

As much as Trump could declassify his documents.  You really want to make that argument?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Nope, haven't wasted my time looking at it.  And I have no doubt they're working on as many ways as they can.  They'll still fail to get anything significant on him.

And obstruction isn't the problem for Joke.  It's illegally possessing classified material.  Just because he didn't obstruct it's return (which is false, or at least misleading), it doesn't mean he didn't commit a crime and shouldn't be punished.  But again, there are backroom deals to be struck and I'm betting they will be.

As much as Trump could declassify his documents.  You really want to make that argument?

Actually obstruction generally would be the biggest problem. Possessing the documents illegally is rarely prosecuted if people cooperate with authorities. 

• Like (+1) 1