Pregame - In Stadium Experience

DasNootz

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

Speaking of Terry did you guys see him taking notes during the game?

wonder why?

Does that every game. For his Monday morning call with McD.

56 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I think they wanted to do something simple and tasteful not some big spectacle 

This. Let's keep it classy after a long, difficult week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My question to you isn't intended to be dickish (I say this because that usually IS my goal), but what opportunity do you feel the organization missed out on?

An opportunity to have a fevered crowd going into the game and an opportunity for a “you were to there moment.”  It’s probably selfish - but there were tens of thousands of phones recording and waiting for something that never came.

1. NFL teams don't make money entertaining fans with anything but football play.    The objective is to get you inside and bore you into buying food and merchandise.   They weren't going to go crazy distracting fans from their spending by providing a bunch of Damar-related entertainment.    

2. One very noticeable aspect:  A LOT more women in the crowd.    That more empathetic half of humanity is also loaded with those who are attracted to drama.   But when it comes to down-to-down give a sh!t about football and being situationally aware of when to make noise........they just aren't the same as a house full of half-inebriated dudes.  So overall it wasn't an outrageously juiced crowd.    And I know this much.........if Damar is a heterosexual........he is going to need a team of personal assistants to keep track of the women that will be throwing themselves at him for the foreseeable future.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

For those that remember, they did that with Kevin Everett. Brady then scored 150 points in the game.  

I was there for the Everett injury and the rest of that season.  The difference is that this time we have the generational QB on our side.

5 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

An opportunity to have a fevered crowd going into the game and an opportunity for a “you were to there moment.”  It’s probably selfish - but there were tens of thousands of phones recording and waiting for something that never came.

I think "selfish" is kind of harsh.  Everyone's dealt with this whole thing differently.  It was an emotional week.  I'd be shocked if something like that wasn't discussed, but I do think their approach, in the end, was the most appropriate one.

2 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

We did note the overall subdued nature of the crowd all around us as well. However, it made sense after thinking a little deeper regarding the emotional toll it has had on so many (staff, players and fans alike) all week long. There's only so much in everyone's tank, so to speak.

It was a bit subdued pregame.  Kinda felt nervous energy from the other fans.  When Hines took the KO to the house, the place erupted!  Felt like a huge sigh of relief.

I will say the remainder of the game crowd wasn’t too loud.  Not sure why.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.