OT…Just for fun CBS has the Bills projected to take Dalton Kincaid

78thealltimegreat

7 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I suggest If you don't like this thread than go enjoy another one. Not everyone likes talking about this so soon. MANY of us do. suck-gay.gif

So you DON'T want a new all-encompassing draft thread every day?

What kind of draft fan are you?   

Oh.......I get it.......you were planning to "drop" a Deuce Vaughn thread on us tomorrow weren't you?    

• Haha (+1) 1

TE would not have been the position I would think the Bills would draft in the first round. But what do I know. I root for the laundry. 

It's fun to read y'all chat heavyweights verbally throw down your takes on the draft. Hardly ever do they draft who you think they will. But the conjecture is great.

and Someone usually guesses correctly.. Bragging rights FTW. 

🍿

4 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

How do you figure  the defensive domination strategy didn’t work? Despite whiffing on Elam, and not adequately replacing Wallace, we were a top 5 defense in pts allowed and yardage. We were 13 and 3, which equaled the best record in the NFL and in  2 of our losses, the offense didn’t show up and had critical turnovers.The point I’m making is without better depth in the secondary we can’t defend KC or Cinn. If you want to depend on winning shootouts with these teams for the next 7 or 8 years fasten your seatbelt. When Brady was winning SBs , Gilmore, Ty Law, McCourty, Malloy we’re dominating the best teams. We can win a lot of games with decent depth, but to finally win it all, that area is our weakness. That’s why, without VM and our secondary, we won’t be favored against KC.

They have the second most money in the league spent on D. Allen’s greatness has allowed the Bills to load up on defense and kinda neglect the offense to the point where Josh is throwing to John Brown who didn’t have a team 4 weeks ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

All I want is for them to seriously invest in the O-line this off-season. Please!

In regards to the draft, just relax a bit on using early round picks on defense... This front office & coaching staff hasn't proven they can hit on big talent early. None have been "busts" yet, some have been pretty solid, but none have been stars either. 

1st Round: Edmunds (2018) / Ed Oliver (2019) / Greg Rousseau (2021) / Kaiir Elam (2022)

2nd Round: AJ Epenesa (2020) / Boogie Basham (2021)

3rd Round: Harrison Phillips (2018) / Terrel Bernard (2022)

So all 4 years that this group had a 1st round pick (no 2020 1st), they've selected a defensive player (though in 2018, they also took our lord & savior Josh Allen too). The only one to make a Pro Bowl was Edmunds. Not saying nobody has contributed, as Oliver & now Rousseau have definitely had their moments, but not top tier talent or the homeruns you'd hope from such high draft picks.

And please, stop the revolving door at RB. Wait until you give these guys a better line. James Cook genuinely could be a star, but without an improved O-line it'll be harder to tell.

Edited by BigDingus

29 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

They have the second most money in the league spent on D. Allen’s greatness has allowed the Bills to load up on defense and kinda neglect the offense to the point where Josh is throwing to John Brown who didn’t have a team 4 weeks ago. 

So the big number spent on defense was Miller, who’s cap hit is 19million. The other large numbers are Tre White, Hyde, Milano. Dequan Johnson was an off-season addition along with Settle.These additions were crucial to our run defense and front four rotation . Miller was the big add because they thought he would put us over the top. We’re you against the signing? Josh,Stef,Dion ,and Morse represent 85 million.

7 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

So the big number spent on defense was Miller, who’s cap hit is 19million. The other large numbers are Tre White, Hyde, Milano. Dequan Johnson was an off-season addition along with Settle.These additions were crucial to our run defense and front four rotation . Miller was the big add because they thought he would put us over the top. We’re you against the signing? Josh,Stef,Dion ,and Morse represent 85 million.

The reason that Von Miller turned down a similar deal from The Rams and decided to sign in Buffalo was Joshua Patrick Allen.  The guy admits in interviews he could have spent the rest of his career rushing next to Aaron Donald but turned down the defending Super Bowl Champions because of one reason who the Bills QB was. 
Allens greatness allows Beane to sign whoever he wants on D. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The reason that Von Miller turned down a similar deal from The Rams and decided to sign in Buffalo was Joshua Patrick Allen.  The guy admits in interviews he could have spent the rest of his career rushing next to Aaron Donald but turned down the defending Super Bowl Champions because of one reason who the Bills QB was. 
Allens greatness allows Beane to sign whoever he wants on D. 

Alright, but Allen plays on offense, why aren't star offensive players knocking on the door to come play with him?

22 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

5 of the starting back 7 defenders are playing on lucrative contract extensions(Edmunds and Elam aren't but are both first round picks).............2 firsts and 2 seconds spent on DL while Miller, Jones,  Settle and Phillips were all signed to free agent contracts.      To suggest they haven't spent far more assets on the defensive side of the ball would be ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

I would love to have a TE in the Gronk/ Kelsey mold. 
when the Vikings got Hockenson from Detroit for a 2nd (and something else I believe), my first thought was that if I were Beane and knew Hockenson was on the block, I would’ve countered with a first round pick.  Knox is a decent enough TE, but I don’t know that he’s at the level that opposing teams have to plan around.  

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Would have to be in the first 2 rounds. The third round is reserved for RBs.

I'd go OL, OL, RB.

We just need another Kadarius Toney situation for us to pick up a decent WR without having to waste a early pick

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting thread. Depending on free agency, retirements ( Mitch Morse?) and what offers, if any, Poyer and Edmunds accept, there could be any number of needs. Another question: do they transition Christian Benford to safety? In any case, really need to see a couple of IOL and a wide receiver added.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.