Chargers - Mike Williams and Joey Bosa hurt in meaningless game

Big Blitz

38 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I get the feeling that Jacksonville wins this game. 

They got dominated by KC in their regular season matchup. I think if the Jags get past LA and have to play KC again, they’ll be much more game, they’re a streaky team like that. Possibly may even pull off the upset. 

2 hours ago, Billznut said:

If the Chargers lose to Jax, their owner would be smart to cut Staley loose and bring in Payton. That team would instantly be better, make things much tougher on KC in the coming years within the division and as a byproduct of that, it would theoretically help Buffalo’s chances to have a better record than KC in future seasons. 

The Chargers win in spite of Staley, not because of him. He routinely makes boneheaded decisions, yesterday was just another example that will hurt his team going forward. Chargers should move on with a loss to Jax. If they win that one, there is no chance they will let him go. 

The play is wait for McVay.  

Give Staley this season and next.  

Too perfect a setup for everybody 

Williams and Bosa struggle to stay upright and Staley gets roasted for not cooking this into the gameplan.

Yeah, he should have gone the Dungy route of resting everyone and then showing up a week later for the one and done.  I mean, this Chargers squad is a playoff battle tested crew, right?

3 hours ago, Shortchaz said:

Joey bosa hurt? WHAT?

There is no definitive evidence that Bosa got hurt. All the stories say he "may have" aggravated his groin injury, but that he also had an illness the day before the game. As far as I can tell, there's no clarity about an actual injury. I'm not saying at all that it was wise to play him, though. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Staley needs to go. That roster should have won the AFC West this year. If they lose first round he needs to go.

The opening day roster.  Sure.  Once Bosa missed 3/4 of the season and slater missed the entire season that roster wasn’t nearly the same. 

Edited by NewEra

Staley is holding back a top roster with his overly-cute "I do the opposite of everyone else" decisions. 

Some coaches can find a way to get a team with 8 wins worth of talent to 10 or 11. 

Staley is the opposite... he'll get your 12-14 win roster to 10-11 wins. And then he's supposed to get credit for "getting them to the playoffs"

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

Cappa got hurt for the Bengals yesterday as well.. not sure of the severity.

I know the Bengals had something to play for, I guess.. but if he's out for the playoffs, that's 2/5ths of their starting OL out going into the post-season. 

O-line will be the Bengals Achilles heal in the playoffs. They will be unable to protect Burrow, pretty much a pure pocket passer, when the going gets tough and they face a defence that can bring the heat. Burrow moves well in the pocket and can help himself with his legs when given the opportunity, but he is not Josh Allen who is as dangerous improvising off broken plays than he is executing from the pocket. Running an O behind a suspect line is a much bigger challenge for Burrow and the Bengals than for Allen and the Bills. 
Having said that, I'm not sure we are the team to pressure Burrow, being without Von and with a weakened secondary.

Edited by starrymessenger

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.