Do the Kansas City Chiefs deserve a bye week ?

Bogie_Klinkhammer

4 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Hindsight being 20/20  we screwed ourselves with those losses.... If we win any one of those games we are not even having this discussion

its the minni game for me.  we just absolutely had the game ready to be wrapped up, and we LET THEM OFF THE HOOK.

sad!

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

That also had 17 games to do this

Buffalo had 16

They should've done a coin flip to decide the games outcome if they absolutely could not reschedule. I don't see how that is worse than just saying KC gets the top seed 😂

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Dislike 1

They deserve nothing, and they will like it,

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Greg S said:

It is what it is. I do like the fact that the Bills won't have to play a true road game. Home vs the fins, and the divisional round if they win on WC weekend. If they get to the AFCCG it will be either in a neutral site or OP.

Agreed, I think its fair for the Bills.  I also think this is fair for the Chiefs. 

No Arrowhead for the Bills is great.  Like someone else said, the Cincy game was a coin flip.  So, for us to only play at home and neutral sites is pretty good.  Tough on Cincy if we play them they need to come to Orchard Park.  If we play Cincy and we probably will, that should be a neutral site too.

So, I think this ended up very good for the Chiefs, very good for the Bills, meh to not quite good for Cincy.

Anyways, beat the Fish and see what happens next.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Deserve? No. Did they earn it? No, they got beat by the 2 best teams in the AFC, Buffalo and Cincy. But did the NFL do the right thing by awarding it to them? I guess. Short of having us finish our game against the Bengals, there was no other easy way to do it.  But my dislike for the arrogant Chiefs fans has grown exponentially this year because of it.

Well said and agree with all of your thoughts.  I dislike the Chiefs and their fans more than a week ago.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Nobody deserves a bye in NFL anymore.  The schedules are unbalanced and teams don’t even play the same amount of home games with the 17 game schedule.  

Nobody or the top 3 if we stay with 7 playoff teams.  I think 3 is good, because it always seems the #4 division winner is weak and deserves to play.  But the bean counters at the NFL don't want to lose the money from additional games.  I think the schedules are really unbalanced too. KC has had a much easier path to get to #1 and the playoffs are even easier with week off then a home game against banged up LA or JAX.  They will walk into a neutral site championship

14 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

I have my doubts we were winning that Monday night game against Cincy so we might have gotten lucky too. 

I feel the same way and NOT JUST because the start of the game and score when it stopped.

13 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

They should've done a coin flip to decide the games outcome if they absolutely could not reschedule. I don't see how that is worse than just saying KC gets the top seed 😂

I don't like the coin flip for that or anything at all.  That is not a reasonable solution.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

The way I process this whole thing for the Bills is that in the sales/professional world is our employer gave us time to handle a personal matter. But we aren’t getting paid for days we didn’t show up. We hit our KPI’s, we are getting our base bonus. But the days missed cost us our escalators. We’re still firmly in the running for Presidents Club. 

It’s unfortunate. But it is what it is. 

KC showed up to work and hit their escalators. 

If a coworker died during a sales pitch and had to be brought back to life with aggressive CPR, would you be punished for not completing the sale?

Let's just move on from this scheduling stuff. It is what it is.

No asterisks, no whining. Line up, play, and the winning teams move to the next round and therefore deserve to advance. Whoever gets to and wins the Super Bowl deserves it and will have earned it. 

Execute a simple snap vs Minnesota or don't lose to Zach freaking Wilson and we're the #1 regardless of everything else. Bengals have the same type of what-ifs I'm sure. 

It's that simple. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Manther said:

I feel the same way and NOT JUST because the start of the game and score when it stopped.

I don't like the coin flip for that or anything at all.  That is not a reasonable solution.

I don't either and prefer rescheduling but it isn't worse than not playing at all and defaulting to whoever has the 1st seed at the moment. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.