Do the Kansas City Chiefs deserve a bye week ?

HOUSE

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

All I know is Buffalo was the #1 seed 7 days ago, the Chiefs beat the Raiders,  the Bills beat the Patriots and Buffalo is now the #2 seed

And had a No Contest with the Bengals. Don’t forget that part. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Aren’t the FISH considered a bye week too?  

I kid, I kid….they obviously have the ability to give us a tough game, but hopefully we are on our game and it isn’t close.

Allen seems to raise his game to another level in the playoffs. If that happens then the Dolphins are in for a long day.

• Like (+1) 2

We should just move on and focus on getting them in the AFC championship game. It’s tough but our guy almost died and now is doing great and who says it’s an advantage getting the bye. Last year GB and Tenn lost after getting the bye. They came out flat as a pancake. We’re riding an emotional wave that is building every week. Let’s just knock off one team at a time in our place with our fans. I’d rather play the Bengals on an absolute roll as opposed to coming off a bye.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I will take it to my grave, the Chiefs should be playing this weekend same as the Bills.

The Chiefs won the #1 seed while Buffalo had no chance

Free bye week on a technicality 

Deserve? No. Did they earn it? No, they got beat by the 2 best teams in the AFC, Buffalo and Cincy. But did the NFL do the right thing by awarding it to them? I guess. Short of having us finish our game against the Bengals, there was no other easy way to do it.  But my dislike for the arrogant Chiefs fans has grown exponentially this year because of it.

• Like (+1) 2

that second half vs minni is haunting us.  jets and phins i get it, but that minni game had like 8 super low probability plays go all one way.

if somehow we face minni in the super bowl we'd blow the doors off of them

• Agree 1

Just now, Eastport bills said:

We should just move on and focus on getting them in the AFC championship game. It’s tough but our guy almost died and now is doing great and who says it’s an advantage getting the bye. Last year GB and Tenn lost after getting the bye. They came out flat as a pancake. We’re riding an emotional wave that is building every week. Let’s just knock off one team at a time in our place with our fans. I’d rather play the Bengals on an absolute roll as opposed to coming off a bye.

I hope the Ravens win. I think the Bengals would be the biggest challenge for the Bills. Burrow and those WR's vs our secondary, is not a matchup I want to see.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, colin said:

that second half vs minni is haunting us.  jets and phins i get it, but that minni game had like 8 super low probability plays go all one way.

if somehow we face minni in the super bowl we'd blow the doors off of them

Hindsight being 20/20  we screwed ourselves with those losses.... If we win any one of those games we are not even having this discussion

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I hope the Ravens win. I think the Bengals would be the biggest challenge for the Bills. Burrow and those WR's vs our secondary, is not a matchup I want to see.

Ravens are a feisty outfit but I think beating Burrow without Lamar , fully healthy, is asking a lot. You’re absolutely right about Cinn. being a scary proposition thought. That has “shootout “ with the winner being the team with the last possession, written all over it.

• Like (+1) 1

They absolutely do not deserve it.

I have said it a thousand times, the NFL should have moved mountains to ensure there was the least amount of competitive impact to teams, especially the two teams that were dealing with what happened that night.

Instead they said 🖕, we've got money to make and just canceled the game outright. 

The Bills were screwed out of a chance to prove they could be 14-3, and win the top seed and all the benefits that come with that.

The Bengals were screwed out of a chance to prove they could be 13-4, and win the 2nd seed and all the benefits that come with that.

The Chiefs were screwed out of maybe, potentially, if the Bills make it to face them in the AFCCG then they have to play at a neutral site. Boo freaking hoo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.