Bills 2023 opponents

Draconator

13 hours ago, Draconator said:

How much do you think the Cincinnati game will be another prime time game?

CBS will try to protect the Bills-Bengals and Bills-Chiefs games. Allen vs Mahomes and vs Burrow would be their national game that day.

that is going to be one tough schedule..the Commanders and Jacksonville are not as bad as their record indicate and the raiders and broncos can only get better than they werethis year. 

and what gives with always having to go to KC and Cinci to play them!!!

Edited by entropyrules

11 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Have to go to #1 KC & #3 Cincy again, plus go to #1 Philly. WTF? At least #5 Dallas has to come to us & the #4 Jags. Not going to be easy. Just wish they'd even it up so we aren't always away for the tough games (this is 3 years in a row)

It's not about evening it up.  The schedule follows a set pattern for home/road games.  There isn't really much to decide.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

It amazes me people don’t realize future opponents anway/home are set for years.  Only a few TBD games 

Plus a new thread every month on why we have to always go to KC.

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

so 3 of the hardest teams on our schedule, Eagles, Bengals and KC are away games. BRUTAL

Away or home doesn't matter as much any more. We'll see how good they are next year. Things change lot in the NFL (see Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Indy, Tennessee, Arizona, the Rams, Baltimore, and Vegas this year).

Edited by chongli

21 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

If Eagles win the Superbowl do Bills open the season again?

Unlikely. The NFL dislikes inter-conference games for opening night (this year they didn't really have much of a choice with BUF-LAR). If Philly wins, they could play NYG, DAL, MIN, or SF. My bet would be SF or MIN. They probably would want to reserve DAL or NYG at Philly for a later SNF or 4 PM slot since they are guaranteed good ratings for those games regardless.

7 hours ago, Repulsif said:

Eagles Bengals Chiefs as road game

what the hell

While KC gets Eagles, Bengals, and us as home games (plus MIA and DET too).

14 hours ago, Greg S said:

If the league alternates the AFC team going between Detroit and Dallas on Thanksgiving, then the Cowboys will get the AFC opponent since the Bills played at Detroit. Only 2 AFC teams scheduled to play at Dallas next year. The Jets and the Pats.

They did away with that years ago. Both DET and DAL could play an NFC team too.

22 hours ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

So basically matched up

AFC west

NFC east

and then randomly 3 playoff teams…

Not sure that passes the sniff test of fair and equitable but so much changes year to year I suppose example Rams and the “oh yeah AFC west is going to be super good and AFC East teams will be a few years away. “ Media can go fly a kite.  

Hey get it done NOW boys!

Go Bills!

It's not random. Everything is pre-determined by rules already in place for years.  We play JAX, CIN, and TB since they finished first in their respective divisions, just like us. This was our year to play equally-ranked teams in the AFC South, AFC North, and NFC South.

23 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Schedule looks good. Never know though what teams continue to be good, what teams fall off, or what teams elevate their play.

I understand why we play kc again…but can someone explain why they continue to get us at home?  I get the rotation, and playing certain seeded teams.  Not whining, just askin.

23 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Have to go to #1 KC & #3 Cincy again, plus go to #1 Philly. WTF? At least #5 Dallas has to come to us & the #4 Jags. Not going to be easy. Just wish they'd even it up so we aren't always away for the tough games (this is 3 years in a row)

We could play KC at home three years in a row too, starting in 2024. As long as both teams finish in the same place in their divisions. It all evens out. Everything is pre-determined by a set rotation.

20 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

That’s not fair. Did you use a time machine?

Warning - in a bad mood right now.

No.  It's been this way since flipping 2002 (with the addition of one extra NFC game in 2021) and people are still shocked as if the NFL randomly picks opponents for us each year to screw us over.

Spoiler alert for 2024....

Besides our division opponents, I predict we play the Texans, Rams, Colts (three enclosed stadiums - hooray), Seahawks, and whoever finishes the same place in the division in the AFC and NFC North on the road. 

We'll play the Titans, Jaguars, 49ers, Cardinals, and whoever finishes in the same place as us in the division in the AFC West at home.

1 hour ago, chongli said:

could play KC at home three years in a row too, starting in 2024. As long as both teams finish in the same place in their divisions. It all evens out. Everything is pre-determined by a set rotation.

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas."

It's not who we play, it's where we play. We get KC & Chargers, 2 playoff teams away, but their 2 non-playoff teams, Raiders & Denver at home. Second year at Cincy. Third at KC. Plus at Philly. Other than Dallas & the Jags, not a lot of non division tests being played at our place. I just looks bad when it keeps happening. I'm sure some computer did it somewhere, but when it keeps happening year in & year out, maybe it's time to call someone from MIT to give the old computer a kick, just in case it's glitching. (Not sure why it doesn't alternate location every other time, seems that would be simple to predetermine). 

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

4 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas."

It's not who we play, it's where we play. We get KC & Chargers, 2 playoff teams away, but their 2 non-playoff teams, Raiders & Denver at home. Second year at Cincy. Third at KC. Plus at Philly. Other than Dallas & the Jags, not a lot of non division tests being played at our place. I just looks bad when it keeps happening. I'm sure some computer did it somewhere, but when it keeps happening year in & year out, maybe it's time to call someone from MIT to give the old computer a kick, just in case it's glitching. (Not sure why it doesn't alternate location every other time, seems that would be simple to predetermine). 

Where you play is also part of the formula. I could do the Bills schedule for 2030 and know the teams and locations except for three teams. The locations would be known.

Here is the formula. Teams play all the teams in another division in their conference. The locations of those games alternate. So, because we played the Chargers and Chiefs in OP in 2020, those will be road games in 2023. They also play the team that finished in the same spot in their division for the other two divisions in the conference. For some reason, the location of those games are two years in one place and then two years in the other. That’s why we played at Arrowhead for two years in a row. It feels like Groundhogs day because both teams keep winning the division. Good news is that if both the Chiefs and Bills win their division in 2023 the KC/BUF game in 2024 will be in OP.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Where you play is also part of the formula. I could do the Bills schedule for 2030 and know the teams and locations except for three teams. The locations would be known.

Here is the formula. Teams play all the teams in another division in their conference. The locations of those games alternate. So, because we played the Chargers and Chiefs in OP in 2020, those will be road games in 2023. They also play the team that finished in the same spot in their division for the other two divisions in the conference. For some reason, the location of those games are two years in one place and then two years in the other. That’s why we played at Arrowhead for two years in a row. It feels like Groundhogs day because both teams keep winning the division. Good news is that if both the Chiefs and Bills win their division in 2023 the KC/BUF game in 2024 will be in OP.

Thanks. I knew how they picked opponents but not how they picked locations (but knew there was some sort of formulas for it). So I appreciate the info explaining that. Sounds like it's that alternating 2 years of division opponent that causes it (we had that w/ the Titans before). Wonder why they do it that way, alternating years seems better. Anyway, thanks for enlightening me. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.