Any predictions for Wild Card game times?

Buffalo03

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

LOL, I took a stab at this earlier today - I have Chargers/Jags in the same time slot. I think the Bills will get a night game and put them on Monday. I put the 49ers on Saturday night - with the assumption it will be against the Packers. 

What I wonder is how much they consider the following week matchups. Seems obvious the Monday night winner would play Sunday.

I believe the Chargers vs Jags game is pretty much a guarantee for the Saturday 4:30 game. It's the one with the least appeal and over history that time slot has become the AFC South special 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

My predictions are

Saturday

Chargers at Jaguars 4:30pm

Giants at Vikings 8:15pm

Sunday

Dolphins at Bills 1:00pm

Packers/Seahawks at 49ers 4:25pm

Cowboys at Buccaneers 8:20pm

Monday 

Ravens at Bengals 8:20pm

What do you all think? We will find out shortly 

A few differences here:

Saturday

Giants at Vikings 4:30pm

Chargers at Jaguars 8:15pm

Sunday

Dolphins at Bills 1:00pm

Ravens at Bengals 4:25pm

Cowboys at Buccaneers 8:20pm

Monday 

Packers/Seahawks at 49ers 8:20pm

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I do recall reading an in depth article last season that explained how all the games were slotted for when they'd play as far as NFC vrs AFC, based much on who and when the game the following week would be, etc. Example you don't want one team playing Saturday  and their likely opponent the following week plays on Monday so has two days less to prepare.

It dictated last year the Monday night game had to be an NFC game based on what would occur following week.  Recall reading couple comments in explanation that made me think the would alternate each year so this year the Monday night game would be with AFC teams.

So based on everything I recall the OP's guess at the game times sounds pretty good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.