Can we just give cook the ***** ball?

Hebert19

Been saying this for weeks. RB split should be 60/40 Cook. I love Singletary, he's as solid of a RB as they come, but by that definition means he's a #2 RB.

After seeing the jet burners today, they have got to find a way to get Hines on the field on offense. WR or use 2 RB sets, I don't care. Way too much speed to be standing on the sideline.  #3

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Cook fumbled his first touch of the year and that was it. Very strong hands after that. Lesson learned. 

Yup. Cook is going to be a stud imo. He his instincts are off the charts. So are Motors but Cook is much faster.

Like to see this combo stay together for a few years

I was super down on Cook all through preseason and early in the year but the guy is has slowly been winning me over down by down, block by block, play by play, run by run.  It's been slow, but he's made incremental improvement that has allowed his skillset to actually start showing up on the field and paying dividends.  Even the way he carries himself on the field is different.  More alert, more engaged, more energetic.  Early in the season he seemed kind of dazed and confused, whereas now he is much more present.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Cook is so much better than Dingleberry it's not even close. He's physically superior, superior runner with better vision and decision making, better ball security. There is nothing, NOTHING, Dingleberry does better and he's slower, weaker, smaller. Dingleberry is holding us back with his limitations, so many yards are left on the field and big plays cut short. We need Cook's explosion, especially in cold and poor weather when big plays aren't always going to come from 50 yard bombs.

I get there's a contingency of Dingleberry fans, but they are putting him above the team at this point. Cook is the better, more gifted, player and NEEDS to be out there over him. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

Cook is so much better than Dingleberry it's not even close. He's physically superior, superior runner with better vision and decision making, better ball security. There is nothing, NOTHING, Dingleberry does better and he's slower, weaker, smaller. Dingleberry is holding us back with his limitations, so many yards are left on the field and big plays cut short. We need Cook's explosion, especially in cold and poor weather when big plays aren't going to come from 50 yard bombs.

I get there's a contingency of Dingleberry fans, but they are putting him above the tan at this point. Cook is the better, more gifted, player and NEEDS to be out there over him. 

After all that took place last week what is the point of denigrating anyone with an idiotic name like that? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

After all that took place last week what is the point of denigrating anyone with an idiotic name like that? 

Especially for a guy that once again has 4.6 ypc this season, to go along with his 4.7 career ypc.

Singletary isn't the problem. We can have two nice things. They need to feed both of them more in general.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Yup. Cook is going to be a stud imo. He his instincts are off the charts. So are Motors but Cook is much faster.

Like to see this combo stay together for a few years

I have a feeling they’re going to move on from Singletary once his contract expires and look for a bigger back to compliment Cook.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It’s irritating all the end zone shots when we get around the 15-20 yard line. Today, two end zone shots then on 3rd and long Allen forces a throw for a pick. 

Similar sequence at the end of the Vikings game ended that game with an INT.

Watch the pick. Josh was hit just as he was releasing the ball. Receiver was open in the end zone. Just an unfortunate football play.

20 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Similar sequence at the end of the Vikings game ended that game with an INT.

Similar sequence earlier in the Viking game too with about 10 to play up by 10.  2nd and 2 inside the 20 we threw 3 passes to the EZ, the third being a pick and run back to the 40.   Our biggest blunder in that game IMHO.

Everytime Cook gets the football he's got a chance to break a big one.

Edited by reddogblitz

he is definitely making a case for the Bills to be confident going into next year with him at RB1.  Hits the hole fast and his speed is nice.  Felt he was close couple of times when pats were expecting run there late and a missed tackle from breaking one.  

Excited to see what he does in the playoffs

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Similar sequence earlier in the Viking game too with about 10 to play up by 10.  2nd and 2 inside the 20 we threw 3 passes to the EZ, the third being a pick and run back to the 40.   Our biggest blunder in that game IMHO.

Everytime Cook gets the football he's got a chance to break a big one.

Yep the big playability is definitely there with cook but the underlying thing that isn’t getting talked about is he’s averaging like 4+ yards a carry every time he touches the ball he’s not getting stuff for negative runs and 1 yard gains

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

As long as Josh looks for him but too many times Josh is focused down field when Cook is open parallel him at the sidelines.

exactly.  The film will show Josh n Dorsey some wide open underneath throws to Cook.  These are high completion throws that Cook can turn into big gains.

If you take away the picks and the Hines TD's today, Dorsey called a lukewarm game.  I dont expect him to be Andy Reid but cmon man lets be sharper next week because we arent getting two 100 yard kickoff returns again.

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

As long as Josh looks for him but too many times Josh is focused down field when Cook is open parallel him at the sidelines.

Yeah 2 such plays ended in deep TDs today. Checkdowns are always available. It's easy hindsight analysis when a downfield pass isn't completed but if Allen immediately checked it down every time the defense dropped into deep zones our offense would stink.

Personally I'd like to see a few designed passes to Cook in space, for some reason we haven't delved into that bag of tricks at all yet. Hopefully Dorsey is waiting to unleash that in the playoffs.

5 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Heard that earlier in the year his practice habits were terrible, but McD recently gave him credit for turning that around. Maybe Cook thought the NFL would be just as easy as Georgia and didn’t put the work in. That belief also would’ve been reinforced by his early success in camp. He’s turned it around and is looking the part. 

I’m sorry but if McDermott is still holding onto that he needs a reality check.

Cook is fast, he flies into the second level, he runs hard too. 

Stop playing games and sending messages, Cook is a playmaker.

I texted my brother at 2:19 PM, Cook has 5 carries for 41 yards, think he should see the ball more ?!?

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

11 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

The film will show Josh n Dorsey some wide open underneath throws to Cook.

I think a lot of what his board identifies as "wide open underneath throws" would actually be 5-6 yard completions in most cases. There's always a LB sitting around the LOS in Cook's field of vision that is going to immediately rally to him as soon as the ball leaves Josh's hands. If Allen decides the checkdown is his only available option that's fine but we can't our run whole offense that way. I'm all for more designed passes to Cook though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.