I just made my call to Directv to end our long term relationship

Xwnyer

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Vark said:

Just made the call to cancel after about 25 years. Offered to give me the entertainment package for about $50 a month for a year. Anyone have any regrets changing from DirecTv to YouTubeTV?

you can’t beat that, especially if it is $50 after taxes and fees. I am going to call to cancel for real here soon, and if they offer me that, I probably will stay for a bit. 

I just made the call. I've been a subscriber since '97. Took less than 5 minutes. They will be sending an email with directions on what to do with the boxes and satellite. Though I'm not sure why they want these back as so many are cancelling. Where are they going to store all this junk?

57 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

I just made the call. I've been a subscriber since '97. Took less than 5 minutes. They will be sending an email with directions on what to do with the boxes and satellite. Though I'm not sure why they want these back as so many are cancelling. Where are they going to store all this junk?

Was with them for 17 years... when I ditched them all they wanted back was the card, no equipment. They sent me a "special" mailer to send the card back. I threw the equipment in the garbage but the dish is still on the roof. 

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

Was with them for 17 years... when I ditched them all they wanted back was the card, no equipment. They sent me a "special" mailer to send the card back. I threw the equipment in the garbage but the dish is still on the roof. 

Hoping for the same. Really don't want to go up and get the satellite.

BTW the wife is ecstatic, she hated dtv. On to the Youtube TV experience. 

5 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Hoping for the same. Really don't want to go up and get the satellite.

BTW the wife is ecstatic, she hated dtv. On to the Youtube TV experience. 

We went with sling for $44 a month, I get Bills/Sabres games another way so don't care about the ticket.

Have heard about people using the dish on the roof as an OTA antenna... it's already wired and ready to go.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/27/2023 at 4:33 PM, Vark said:

Just made the call to cancel after about 25 years. Offered to give me the entertainment package for about $50 a month for a year. Anyone have any regrets changing from DirecTv to YouTubeTV?

So basically their offer to keep you is "here, spend a little more with us"?

I'm in the process of switching over to youtubetv right now.  The wife wants to burn through some stuff she has DVRed before I make the call to DirecTV.  I'm pretty sure I can just get all of the stuff she has recorded through the network websites though.

On 1/27/2023 at 4:33 PM, Vark said:

Two days after I cancelled last month, DTV rep called and wanted to offer a "deal."  Told him what I was paying for YTTV and he knew there was no way to match it.  Short call.

Got an email from DTV just yesterday offering "deals" to come back and the package I had, they wanted to same price to re-up.  Some "deal."

Was happy with YTTV until they dumped the MLB Network...who knows if they'll ever get it back.  The streamers are becoming like the cable/satellite companies now. With sports programming rates skyrocketing, I guess more of this is to be expected...damn shame. 

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My gut instinct is that you all are switching too soon. YouTube may have a sweetener for Sunday ticket next summer— ie, sign up for YouTube and get discount for ticket. 

Could be, but if we save $70-80 per month for 6 or 7 months that should make up for any sweetener. Plus my wife just HATED DTV.

• Agree 1

On 2/8/2023 at 1:50 PM, Golden*Wheels said:

I legit just don't want to have to fill the holes on my roof. I am not leaving that ***** up there if I don't have DTV any  longer.

I have a neighbor who removed the circular dish part but left the arm that holds it.  I'm not sure why they did it since it's a really odd thing to see up there.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

I have a neighbor who removed the circular dish part but left the arm that holds it.  I'm not sure why they did it since it's a really odd thing to see up there.

Oh man that is worse than just leaving the whole thing up there for this OCD guy!

Of course I had my roof redone THIS year, right BEFORE football season. So the dish got put BACK up, of course. D'oh'

22 hours ago, shrader said:

I've seen some videos that the arm has the cable you can reuse with an external OTA antenna.

• Like (+1) 1

Dtv has been calling me all week to offer stuff. Can't wait until after the superbowl so I can just cancel them altogether for the last time. I've had alot of cable providers but they have been the worst by far. I'd rather pay more for xfinity or get all the streaming options. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.