Bench Davis and start Brown!

peterpan

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Unfortunately I think we're seeing Gabe play himself right out of a 2nd contract. Between the ankle issues and drops he just can't be counted on. Just another validation as to why we need to draft wr along with OL. 

OL is starting to play better. Still would be nice to have a top level LG in the draft next year.

I think WR/OL/S will be high on the list.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Davis's drops are a problem, but likely we can't address it with guys who were out of the league to start the year. He gets into position to make the catch but drops too many. The other guys may not even get into position which could lead to sacks or INTs. Have to trust the coaches.

The other WR who does not have reliable hands is McKenzie.

57 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Davis also sucks on the sideline.  Lots of catchebale balls where he doesn’t even try to get his feet in 

He was elite at that last year, what the heck happened? 

8 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

We've seen him at his best and his best is pretty darn good.

I'll stick with Gabe and hold out hope. We will see Beasley and Smoke moving forward anyway.

He’s been a 50-50 WR his whole career

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Even early in the game on an sideline pass he failed to get his feet in bounds,  that is thew type of play a good receiver has to make. I would go with Brown & Beasley more

Sorry that sideline catch was a bad pass just like the endzone pass to Diggs. Neother pass gave the WR a chance to make the catch. 

Davis has his issues but just like last week when Allen missed Beasley, not every ball that the WR gets his hands on can be caught. 

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Einstein said:

People defending Gabe Davis is proof that some fans will defend ANY Bills player.

He’s entering Kelvin Benjamin territory with these abysmal games and we have people still defending him lol.

Be nice to enjoy this win a little while, being it was after a tumultuous situation for the Bills, and their fans.

But of course, Negative Nancy’s can’t wait to tear it apart to suit their…..whatever, that makes them, them.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

We can’t afford 2-3-4 drops a game out of Davis in the playoffs.  Brown has been here for a few weeks now, and should be up to speed.  His catch today proves he still has it.

give the reliable vet the start over the young guy with feet for hands.

Smoke looks more ripped than I remember him.

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

People defending Gabe Davis is proof that some fans will defend ANY Bills player.

He’s entering Kelvin Benjamin territory with these abysmal games and we have people still defending him lol.

Cmon KBenj was a completely different kind of problem.

Gabe’s not making plays he used to make regularly… in his head

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

Agreed. Davis has struggled most of the year. Smoke can still bring it that was a marvellous TD a catch. Anyone think Gabe would’ve caught that?

Over the shoulder grab diving forward?

Nope. Gabe has had trouble making catches that would be considered pretty routine this year.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.