We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Miami has really nothing to lose; all deck is stacked against them, and they are expected to lose.  Therefore, we must be ready for a heavy dose of shock plays.  We can’t let them move down the field with defensive holding or pass interference penalties.  

They have talent on both sides of the ball. I expect a very gimmicky game plan where we need to be prepared for anything and to not take them as  lightly as most fans and the media are.

With that being said if Josh takes care of the football, I don’t see how we can lose 

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm not a huge fan of "there's no way they can lose" games.

But, realistically, it does seem like there is no way we could lose.  A team w/ a lesser coach could - but McD will make sure they're focused and treating this w/ the intensity that a playoff game requires.

I will say that there are a number of challenges faced by McDermott here.

Based on Dawkins "Letter to Bills Mafia Part III" I think there can be no doubt that some of our guys face this with a mixed heart. 

As Dawkins said "We’re keeping it SIMPLE this run. Because — straight up: It’s just football. You know what I’m saying? It’s JUST football!! And we’re better than these other teams at it, so let’s beat four of them and then have a parade." 

On the other hand, "But there’s no way to sugarcoat it: that what we do is f*cking scary. And at the end of the day?? I just want to get home, man. Just get home safe to my family….. that’s pretty much it. ..... We’re about to give these playoffs our WHOLE business. But sh*t weighs heavy right now — and I’m working through that."

It can't be denied that we're going in there with several handicaps on D.  We moved on from Dean Marlowe because he couldn't crack the starting lineup against Dr Poyer and Mr Hyde, and we wanted to develop Jaquan Johnson and Damar Hamlin as our backup safeties.  Now Hamlin's out, I don't think anyone sees Johnson as a future starter at safety, and Marlowe is starting, and Poyer is hampered by injury. 

We signed Von Miller to the big FA bucks because he could be the "finisher" that we lacked on pass rush; it's true that he's far from the only change we made on DL, so we still may have improved interior pressure.  It all depends on the young guys now, AJ Groot and Basham.

Then there's the "WTF has happened to Gabe 'ToeDragSwag' Davis?" question.

Miami is a good team and they're going to come out swinging.  Coach McGeek will have the Dolphins prepared as well.  As McDermott said "they have good team speed".  People expecting a beat-down will be disappointed I think.

But I do like our chances for the win.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Congratulations to, @Big Turk, for the thread he started getting to 100 pages. Pretty impressive for a game week thread.

There's more posts in this thread than I have posts in my TBD career.

Go JA! Go Bills!!

Josh Allen hurdle 102722.jpg

I would like to introduce you to the Great Zach Ertz! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

Last playoff appearance 2016.  Last playoff win 2000.

I sometimes enjoy thinking about how the Dolphins drafted Ryan Tannehill.

I guess they only have 1-2 years until Tua was ready to be a starter for them. 

Bit really is bad that they couldn’t build a playoff team around Tannehill, looking at what the titans do with him

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Walking through the neighborhood just now passed a Patriot*** fan neighbor who yelled "Good Luck this weekend!" from across the street.  Not sure how to feel 😶

My neighbour is a Jets fan and he is cheering for the Bills to win it all. Are the Bills now “America’s Team”?!!!!

edit: as I am Canadian, perhaps I should say that they are North America’s team?

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Walking through the neighborhood just now passed a Patriot*** fan neighbor who yelled "Good Luck this weekend!" from across the street.  Not sure how to feel 😶

To be on the safe side, I suggest just giving him the finger.

Edited by BillnutinHouston
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

My neighbour is a Jets fan and he is cheering for the Bills to win it all. Are the Bills now “America’s Team”?!!!!

edit: as I am Canadian, perhaps I should say that they are North America’s team?

They may well be, according to this anyway...

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/majority_of_us_backing_one_nfl_team_in_postseason/s1_13132_38351171

• Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I will say that there are a number of challenges faced by McDermott here

On the other hand, "But there’s no way to sugarcoat it: that what we do is f*cking scary. 

It can't be denied that we're going in there with several handicaps on D.   

We signed Von Miller to the big FA bucks because he could be the "finisher" .

Then there's the "WTF has happened to Gabe 'ToeDragSwag' Davis?" question.

Miami is a good team and they're going to come out swinging.  Coach McGeek will have the Dolphins prepared as well.  As McDermott said "they have good team speed".  People expecting a beat-down will be disappointed I think.

Are you sure that your BBFS is only "moderate"?

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sheesh I missed a lot today 

LOL.  I just got in from dinner with friends and catching up on this thread, I can't believe the angst around here.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

They were last in the playoffs in 2016.

2000 was the last time they won a playoff game.

In looking at their playoff history (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Miami_Dolphins_seasons) ... when they lose, they usually get their asses handed to them.

Question:  Do Dolphins have asses?

I'd be satisfied if we hand them their flippers

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Question:  Do Dolphins have asses?

I'd be satisfied if we hand them their flippers

You know you made me curious also where a dolphins ass was and tried to see if I could clean it up and find a good answer and decided to search "where is a dolphins butt" and of course, got this.

usa_today_19116395.jpg

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.