We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

13 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

You guys trying to find a way to be nervous about this are the height of BBFS. It reminds me of people trying to talk themselves into being scared of the Steelers. If the Bills lose this game, coaches need to be fired and we need to reevaluate our faith in Josh Allen as a franchise QB. It’s not only Tua. They will be without their starting RB, RT, LT and OG. If the Bills can’t win this one, they should trade everyone and rebuild.

If trap games exist, they don’t exist in the playoffs. Every Bills player and coach knows what’s at stake on Sunday. 

What the heck is bbfs?

Urban dictionary says bare back full service.

I think its illegal to play without shirts.

This bbfs doesnt sound very safe, really risky and painful. We should atleast wear shoulder pads

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

What the heck is bbfs?

This bbfs doesnt sound very safe, really risky and painful. We should atleast wear shoulder pads

Buffalo Bills Fan Syndrome. It's like a sort of PTSD from so many years of disappointment. Most of us suffer from it because we all care so much. It was so sad to watch my daughter get her first taste of it during that Texans playoff game. As positive as I have been all week, it's starting to set in with the realization that the Bills starting safeties might be Marlowe and Johnson. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

What the heck is bbfs?

"Battered Bills Fan Syndrome" or "Buffalo Bills Fan Syndrome"

A disorder characterized by inability to relax prior to, or during, a Bills game and a seemingly irrational anticipation of negative outcomes

The root cause is 4 successive Superbowl losses and 17 years of playoff drought

A relapse or secondary infection was transmitted by the Men in Black and the Cody Ford illegal block penalty vs. Houston followed by 13 seconds last year

I suffer a mild to moderate case myself, but several regular posters on this board have severe and debilitating disorders

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The lineup is not worse than last year…Milano and edmunds are playing much better than last season, Rousseau is playing out of his mind. Daquan jones is playing well.  Ed oliver is playing well enough to draw doubleteams.

Corner was not good last year after White got hurt too so there’s no change there…I still think white at 80% is better than anyone else we’ve had at corner the last two years.  we have more depth there this season too.  The only real negative compared to last year is no Micah hyde but everything else more than offsets that.  

DQ, and Ed don’t matter in pass rush tho. Just like Vernon butler and Harry Phillips did. 

and we don’t have Jerry or Mario. Rousseaus marginal improvement isn’t enough to offset 

I see zero reason to play McKenzie or Phillips. There is a good chance we have multiple players behind McKenzie that are better than him. And Phillips is useless out there with his shoulder. 

It's the playoffs. McDermott will have to suck it up and let our starting DTs play more than half the snaps. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

image.thumb.png.8857afa74d1706a2884f9d3ada71aaa3.png

Am I the only one who is a little freaked out by Keenum missing practice with an "Illness" designation, even though he has no game status?

Reportedly the QB room is very close and socializes together, like, A Lot, which would mean Josh Allen could be sick or getting sick right now?

Note that Poyer has no game designation.

One thought I've had about recent communication problems in secondary, is whether they're linked to Poyer missing practice so much?  Viewed from that perspective - the value of having Hyde on the field may be to serve as the "choir director" for the secondary (or at least the safeties) while Poyer rests up.

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Thank you so much @Beck Water for posting that. I am SO HAPPY to see Poyer as a full participant today.

LOL if I hadn't YOLO would have been less than a minute behind!

Shout out to @YoloinOhio.  Thank You for your Service, Sir!

Edited by Beck Water
muu I unsay it

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Am I the only one who is a little freaked out by Keenum missing practice with an "Illness" designation, even though he has no game status?

Reportedly the QB room is very close and socializes together, like, A Lot, which would mean Josh Allen could be sick or getting sick right now?

One thought I've had about recent communication problems in secondary, is whether they're linked to Poyer missing practice so much?  Viewed from that perspective - the value of having Hyde on the field may be to serve as the "choir director" for the secondary (or at least the safeties) while Poyer rests up.

I'm not going to respond to this because the jinx potential is just too high. 

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Holy crap man. That is next level worry.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I actually really like Singletary. 

His ability to shake a defender in a phone booth is elite. Like if it's a linebacker or safety with a perfect angle, meeting him one-on-one, Singletary almost always shakes him and gains more yards. He also has a tremendous work ethic and fits in great in the locker room.

That said, he'll continue to see meaningful work throughout the playoffs, obviously. But after that? Well...The main reasons I don't want to re-sign him are:

1.) I don't ever believe in giving out second contracts to running backs UNLESS they're either elite, game changing talents (Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook) or meaningful passing game assets (CMC, Kamara).

2.) With James Cook and Nyheim Hines, the Bills will already possess a pretty fast, scary duo that can both also contribute in the passing game.

3.) Too many more pressing needs elsewhere to spend what limited cap space the Bills will have on.

If Singletary will come back at a very reasonable and team friendly deal, then MAYBE, but even then....it's probably better business to just draft a late round guy to replace him.

We dunno much about hines as a rb though, even from indy days.

Cook isnt a workhorse. If DS walks i hope we draft a solid back mid rounds. However, i have a feeling he signs a very fair deal... could be wtong but thats my guess

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

No you're not the only one.  Those were my thoughts exactly.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Buffalo Bills Fan Syndrome. It's like a sort of PTSD from so many years of disappointment. Most of us suffer from it because we all care so much. It was so sad to watch my daughter get her first taste of it during that Texans playoff game. As positive as I have been all week, it's starting to set in with the realization that the Bills starting safeties might be Marlowe and Johnson. 

050441237217d16183858f6669cd43f7c5af40.jpg

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Nothing about Settle, either. That's good.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.