We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

That would indeed surprise me.   It pains me to say this because McDaniel gives me the grues, but the Dolphins appear to be a well-coached football team.  They will be Lit for this game, having not had a playoff game in what, 6 years?   They  have enough talent on offense that they will take advantage of any miscues or miscommunications or mistakes on D and it seems to be a halllmark of our D that we will give up 1-2 big plays per game.  They have a good DC who has been able to slow us down.

As long as we don’t make stupid ass mistakes I expect the Bills to win handily but I don’t expect to see us relax and take our foot off the gas until the game is over.

I agree with the McDaniel part.

But ask Miami fans if Boyer is a good DC. He may be fired after the year.

Historically he hasn’t been able to slow the bills down as Josh allen has had his number as Boyer was part of the Flores staff. (Josh’s success against Miami in recent years)

Does it mean he can’t slow us down? No. But he hasn’t shown the ability to yet and they have 3 guys missing in their secondary.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That would indeed surprise me.   It pains me to say this because McDaniel gives me the grues, but the Dolphins appear to be a well-coached football team.  They will be Lit for this game, having not had a playoff game in what, 6 years?   They  have enough talent on offense that they will take advantage of any miscues or miscommunications or mistakes on D and it seems to be a halllmark of our D that we will give up 1-2 big plays per game.  They have a good DC who has been able to slow us down.

As long as we don’t make stupid ass mistakes I expect the Bills to win handily but I don’t expect to see us relax and take our foot off the gas until the game is over.

he is a dork. he may of been a decent coordinator but as a head coach and the way he and his franchise handled the tua situation, I lost all respect for him as a leader. if he makes you shudder and shake in fear, that's all on you. I know the bills wont be feeling the same way and will hand him an ass kicking. sending him back to south beach for the offseason.

grues, lmao

They have a good DC who has been able to slow us down.

I agree with most of the sentiment, but I really can not get behind the above.  Do they really have a good DC in Miami?  

They are 2 separate teams home and on the road - they are giving up under 20 pts per game at home, but when they go on the road - they are giving up significantly more on average - over 25 and closer to 30 pts per game and have a negative point differential overall on the season.

So if we consider their offense to be very good and the defense is giving up more points on the season - either the defense is bad or the offense is not as good as we suspect.

To the point of a DC that has been able to slow us down - We put up 497 yards of offense in game 1 and another 450 yards in game 2 with Josh throwing for 6 TDs and 0 Ints and getting 1 AFC player of the week honor.  They have stopped us on a few drives and held us to FGs in the red zone sometimes, but basically in both games Josh has moved the Bills on most drives.

The last statement is 100% correct, but I expect after this game the Dolphins will be looking to move on from the this DC as with the talent they have and how they played (they have gone from 6th to 12th to 24th in points against the last 3 seasons).

7 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

if McDaniels was coaching a non afc east team I think I’d like his team. There’s just something about him that’s different that I like. 

There's something about him that I find cringe, fake, and overrated 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

I agree with most of the sentiment, but I really can not get behind the above.  Do they really have a good DC in Miami?  

They are 2 separate teams home and on the road - they are giving up under 20 pts per game at home, but when they go on the road - they are giving up significantly more on average - over 25 and closer to 30 pts per game and have a negative point differential overall on the season.

So if we consider their offense to be very good and the defense is giving up more points on the season - either the defense is bad or the offense is not as good as we suspect.

To the point of a DC that has been able to slow us down - We put up 497 yards of offense in game 1 and another 450 yards in game 2 with Josh throwing for 6 TDs and 0 Ints and getting 1 AFC player of the week honor.  They have stopped us on a few drives and held us to FGs in the red zone sometimes, but basically in both games Josh has moved the Bills on most drives.

The last statement is 100% correct, but I expect after this game the Dolphins will be looking to move on from the this DC as with the talent they have and how they played (they have gone from 6th to 12th to 24th in points against the last 3 seasons).

Yuuup! This . . .

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

I bet he goes home after each game and plays dungeons and dragons dressed as a wizard or something. 

he creeps my wife out for some reason too

“for some reason”?

Thank your lucky stars you were able to find a special woman with that keen ability which you should hope never goes away.

After she references the hebbi-gebbis he gives her you should just turn to her and say, “I love you. Thank you for marrying me.”

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

Everyone can feel what this game “should look like” If we were all charger fans looking at it from a different perspective….we’d be thinking this game is a run away. You just have to take this team seriously. No matter what, you never go. Get out there, treat it like you are playing the chiefs or something and find a way to move on. Anything can happen, guys van get hurt, teams can score in wild ways….you need to take care of business but take the game seriously. Can’t afford to take a team light just because it’s a 3rd string QB. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Everyone can feel what this game “should look like” If we were all charger fans looking at it from a different perspective….we’d be thinking this game is a run away. You just have to take this team seriously. No matter what, you never go. Get out there, treat it like you are playing the chiefs or something and find a way to move on. Anything can happen, guys van get hurt, teams can score in wild ways….you need to take care of business but take the game seriously. Can’t afford to take a team light just because it’s a 3rd string QB. 

Lol......I'm sure the Bills players plan on taking Miami seriously. It's a P L A Y O F F game.     

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I know the first 2 games were real close... but this time I think the Bills  will crush these guys and not let up. 

I fully expect the whole team to be fired up, laser focused, executing their plan, taking care of the ball, and scoring a lot of points.  The D, along with the game script will force the Dolphins to throw and the rout will be on. Skylab Thompson will crash and burn. Like a dam bursting, the Dolphins will be overwhelmed and steamrolled.

This is what I visualize and what I believe will happen. 

Let's Go BUFF A LO !! !!!

2023-01-13-08-03-57-516.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Man I miss Von Miller. We should’ve bubble wrapped him until this moment. Ugh!

Our pass rush is not good enough to beat Cincinnati or KC. 

Nope. As soon as det game happened. Said good bye Super Bowl.

but reality is. Only thing that can happen where we win is if Josh Allen goes OFF and offense plays perfect. Enough of the 1 or 2 good plays and 1 or 2 bad plays, sloppy play. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4

Eye roll all you want. It’s true. What’s more likely in paths to victories over nfls best teams ?

Greg rousseu a power rusher only with no one opposite him (spare me the what about shaq! He’s a JAG) to suddenly put instant pressure / winning against elite passing offenses consistently  ? 

or Josh Allen going off and offense becoming explosive ? 

DO NOT expect this D to look good this playoffs. All the stats last year said they were #1 or 2 and they were god awful and historically mind numbningly bad in clutch :13 winning scenario. Their lineup is worse than last year. 

Edited by balln
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, balln said:

Eye roll all you want. It’s true. What’s more likely in paths to victories over nfls best teams ?

Greg rousseu a power rusher only with no one opposite him (spare me the what about shaq! He’s a JAG) to suddenly put instant pressure / winning against elite passing offenses consistently  ? 

DO NOT expect this D to look good this playoffs. All the stats last year said they were #1 or 2 and they were god awful and historically mind numbningly bad in clutch :13 winning scenario. Their lineup is worse than last year. 

Animated GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, balln said:

You know the game is Sunday? Not sure why you are hitting the sauce already

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, balln said:

We need Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips to step up huge in the playoffs. I wouldn’t play Phillips this week. 

We’re going to blitz a lot more but our secondary isn’t good enough. I think the Bills will likely try to play bend but don’t break defense. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.