We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

10 hours ago, DapperCam said:

If the Dolphins are smart they will commit and stick to the run game. They were gashing us last matchup.

Might not work as well because Tua is out, but it’s the only way they can keep it close IMO.

That is conventional wisdom.

Run the ball.  Control the clock.  Keep Josh Allen off the field.  Hope your defense creates turnovers and limits points.

I'm going the complete opposite direction. 

The Bills have only had two games under 20 points this season (17 and 19 points).  That is the absolute floor for this offense.  So even if their defense plays lights out, I'm not sure a Skyler Thompson-led team can put together enough long methodical drives to put up 20 points.

My gameplan would be tons of trick plays, and taking at least one deep shot every drive.  With Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle, you might get lucky and get a couple big plays.  I'm taking the chance they can get 2-3 bombs for touchdowns, over the same number of 8-9 play drives.

12 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Sadly I think its going to remain fairly similar, at least to start the game.

He is going to be worried about Hill/Waddle killing them, so I expect a lot of 2 deep safeties with nickel.

IF Miami runs the ball well, then I think he will start creeping a safety down in the box and maybe will get Klein in the game on early downs.

But I think his philiosphy doesn't change  alot unfortunately as I think he is still going to be terrified of Hill/waddle beating them with explosive plays

You don’t think he should be terrified of Hill and Waddle?  Those are the guys he needs to be terrified of.  Mostert is likely out and Wilson, while fast, isn’t Mostert fast (or strong) and has fumbling issues. 

i would definitely keep the cheetahs in front of us while trying to figure out their run game.  If we can’t stop the run, make adjustments.  It’s not just mcdermotts way…..it’s the smart way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You don’t think he should be terrified of Hill and Waddle?  Those are the guys he needs to be terrified of.  Mostert is likely out and Wilson, while fast, isn’t Mostert fast (or strong) and has fumbling issues. 

i would definitely keep the cheetahs in front of us while trying to figure out their run game.  If we can’t stop the run, make adjustments.  It’s not just mcdermotts way…..it’s the smart way.

Ya that’s a fair assessment.

I have nothing against 2 deep safeties to start this game

But I hope they at least press those guys and not sit back in cover 3 shell, I guess is what I’m trying to say.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I just read that 13 points would be the largest spread ever in an NFL playoff game.

Wild.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I'm a west coaster, so I miss a few hours of morning discussion in these threads, but...

If the Bills lose this game, it would be a massive upset and a historic failure.

I expect them to win going away. Skylar Thompson is BAD bad.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ya that’s a fair assessment.

I have nothing against 2 deep safeties to start this game

But I hope they at least press those guys and not sit back in cover 3 shell, I guess is what I’m trying to say.

Understood.  I think they should sit back and make sage rosenfels jr show us he can beat us.  I would try and confuse the ef outta him pre snap. Make bad qb’s nickel and dime you down the field.  They’ll eventually make a mistake.  If he proves capable, switch it up some. 

jmo

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Bills by 100,000,000

Yes!! my birthday twin!

4 minutes ago, BillsDad51 said:

Does anyone have an insight into Skylar's abilities? Accurate passer? Run threat? 

He has some rushing ability. He just isn't very good. He is a 3rd string rookie

Edited by Big Turk

13 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Can anyone explain the Cam Lewis Forearm reporting?! It’s been like 8 straight weeks “Cam Lewis Forearm Full practice” he’s been a full participant every day for weeks.

Lewis gets regular medical treatment and wears a brace due to a bone infection he acquired when he broke his arm in college. So like 4 years.

I have no idea how they're treating him. 

The usual treatment for a bone infection that antibiotics doesn't cure is surgery to remove the infected bone.

14 minutes ago, BillsDad51 said:

Does anyone have an insight into Skylar's abilities? Accurate passer? Run threat? 

I think he just put up like the worst passer rating of the year against the Jets soooooo...

He isnt very good at all, nor should he be. Hes a 7th round rookie out of K-State. He is mobile so theres that. He just isnt good. 

One positive for him, he had no turnover worthy plays against the Jets. Run heavy, dont let him make mistakes. That is going to be their offensive gameplan. 

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just read that 13 points would be the largest spread ever in an NFL playoff game.

Wild.

Not even close. 49ers were favored by 19 over the Chargers in the Superbowl 29. Colts were -18 vs Jets in SB 3.

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

Wild.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I'm a west coaster, so I miss a few hours of morning discussion in these threads, but...

If the Bills lose this game, it would be a massive upset and a historic failure.

I expect them to win going away. Skylar Thompson is BAD bad.

Man-dont-jinx-it-.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, jletha said:

Massive disparity in team health on Wednesday

Perhaps the Dolphins don't want to run out their long term pieces and risk further injury and start next season healthy? They're sending Skylar Thompson out at QB, I doubt they even think they can win this game. 

13 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Sadly I think its going to remain fairly similar, at least to start the game.

He is going to be worried about Hill/Waddle killing them, so I expect a lot of 2 deep safeties with nickel.

IF Miami runs the ball well, then I think he will start creeping a safety down in the box and maybe will get Klein in the game on early downs.

But I think his philiosphy doesn't change  alot unfortunately as I think he is still going to be terrified of Hill/waddle beating them with explosive plays

The Fins will struggle to get to 17 points this game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.