We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

8 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Well, the conclusion isn't completely wrong.  

When the Bills offense has stalled, it's typically when teams have bracket covered Diggs and forced dink and dunks. The counter to that is the Bills running the ball with consistency.

If they can keep up back end coverage and still limit the run game you can slow the game enough to have a chance.

Of course that is easier said than done. I'll highlight the comeback vs the Dolphins: the Bills switched to the run and suddenly things started clicking 

8 hours ago, DapperCam said:

If the Dolphins are smart they will commit and stick to the run game. They were gashing us last matchup.

Might not work as well because Tua is out, but it’s the only way they can keep it close IMO.

With Tua out the only smart thing to do is go run heavy at the Bills. Try to take as much time off clock and keep Allen and the Bills offense on the bench. I think once the Bills gets a lead on this team game is over. Will be key for Bills to go up early and force the Fins QB to beat them.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well, the conclusion isn't completely wrong.  

When the Bills offense has stalled, it's typically when teams have bracket covered Diggs and forced dink and dunks. The counter to that is the Bills running the ball with consistency.

If they can keep up back end coverage and still limit the run game you can slow the game enough to have a chance.

Of course that is easier said than done. I'll highlight the comeback vs the Dolphins: the Bills switched to the run and suddenly things started clicking 

Wouldn’t that be ‘the best way to stop the bills is stopping throws to diggs’ then? Lol which is the opposite of what RGIII said.  

the last three Super Bowl winners were in the bottom 10 in rushing ypg during the regular season.  RGIII is mistaking ‘teams with leads run the ball’ with ‘you have to run the ball to win’

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That's fine too. Crowd will be extremely loud.  How about a couple Defensive TD's before Allen even touches the ball haha 

I will except all of that

It’s amazing how much a defensive touchdown can weigh in the outcome of a game. I sat down last night and watch the Bengals ravens game. Do you know they turn that ball over four times to the Bengals one of them for a defensive touchdown if they don’t turn that bowl over, they may have won that game..

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I will except all of that

It’s amazing how much a defensive touchdown can weigh in the outcome of a game. I sat down last night and watch the Bengals ravens game. Do you know they turn that ball over four times to the Bengals one of them for a defensive touchdown if they don’t turn that bowl over, they may have won that game..

Did you see Watkins timely fumble?

46 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Soooo...we win the toss....I'd actually consider starting with the ball for once. Score first, score early, put the pressure on them to catch up.

I disagree.  I think you trust that your D gets a stop on Skylar Thompson and then you get leverage on the end-of-half strategy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

He took the ball one time against Baltimore I believe, but yes 19 out of 20 times he will defer

I think that was due to weather concerns, ie , the weather was supposed to turn bad towards the 2nd half.

7 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Not always.  Against Baltimore the Bills won the toss and took the ball.

because heavier rain was forecasted for 2nd half and he wanted more dry possessions. Wont be an issue Sunday, fully expect a defer (which is the correct call, almost always).

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

because heavier rain was forecasted for 2nd half and he wanted more dry possessions. Wont be an issue Sunday, fully expect a defer (which is the correct call, almost always).

dry, sunny and light winds.  Don't see that combination much in winter here. Currently a full two weeks and counting since the sun has shone in WNY.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.