We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Anyone care to take a guess at how the defensive philosophy might be different with no Tua? 

Double down of the McFraiser style we’ve come to love and loathe?

More zone, less pressures? More pressures, tighter press? 

More mixed coverages?

Muddy up the looks for the QB.  Stop the run. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CNYfan said:

Remember Jeff Hostettler.   Keep focused, humble, hungry and find a way.

Waddle, Hill, Mostert and Giseki with a tough D.

Big game

Thanks, but I’ve already spent thousands in therapy trying NOT to remember Jeff Hostettler!  And that damn hand that held the ball when…….

Every game scares me, and they have multiple guys who can score in a hurry. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Anyone care to take a guess at how the defensive philosophy might be different with no Tua? 

Double down of the McFraiser style we’ve come to love and loathe?

More zone, less pressures? More pressures, tighter press? 

More mixed coverages?

Sadly I think its going to remain fairly similar, at least to start the game.

He is going to be worried about Hill/Waddle killing them, so I expect a lot of 2 deep safeties with nickel.

IF Miami runs the ball well, then I think he will start creeping a safety down in the box and maybe will get Klein in the game on early downs.

But I think his philiosphy doesn't change  alot unfortunately as I think he is still going to be terrified of Hill/waddle beating them with explosive plays

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyobills89 said:

im ready for some playoff hype videos. i think it was 2020 when they were coming all the time, they were great!

Watch the offensive highlights of last year's playoffs. Nothing will get you more hyped than that. A total of 12 tds on only 16 drives and averaged 41.5 ppg. Legend has it that, statistically, it was the best QB play ever in a playoff year, and he became the 1st QB ever to throw at least 4 tds(5/4) in consecutive playoff games. Even in defeat he threw 4 tds, including 2 in the final 1:54.

Crazy we lost in only the divisional round. There's no way we should've lost,  not with Josh and the offense playing like that. I don't know how you would figure it out, but I would love to know the probability of a team losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs with the offense scoring tds on 12 of 16 drives.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Can anyone explain the Cam Lewis Forearm reporting?! It’s been like 8 straight weeks “Cam Lewis Forearm Full practice” he’s been a full participant every day for weeks.

"long-lasting" bone infection - back from injury at UB

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-cam-lewis-bone-infection-injury-preseason-preview-rumor

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

What does RG3 know about the playoff’s? Lol. Seriously though, I think it depends on the teams. The Bills don’t have to out rush their opponent to win. I personally hate these simplistic cliche sayings. Offense wins games defends wins championships, is another one. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don't trust the Dolphin players or their coach. We need to build a quick lead and make it tough for them to even think they can get back into the game. They have played us dirty before and now their backs are up against a wall. Not sure what they might have up their sleeve, but I just don't trust them.

• Eyeroll 2

46 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If the Dolphins are smart they will commit and stick to the run game. They were gashing us last matchup.

Might not work as well because Tua is out, but it’s the only way they can keep it close IMO.

Won’t work nearly as well…dolphins pass out of heavy formations and the defense plays them with a relatively light box because they have to respect the speed of tyreek/waddle.   It becomes less effective in the red zone even in ideal circumstances because the line of scrimmage naturally gets more clogged up when tyreek can’t take the top off the defense.  

that’s why we saw McDaniel attempt some throws on 3rd and short/medium down around the goal line.  

The threat of the passing game gives them a big time schematic advantage between the 20s and they’re still not a great rushing team. We had an awful night tackling or it would’ve gone significantly better for us.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

If the Dolphins are smart they will commit and stick to the run game. They were gashing us last matchup.

Might not work as well because Tua is out, but it’s the only way they can keep it close IMO.

Or find a way to get Tyreek super involved.   He can be a game wrecker pure and simple.  He's too fast for any of our dbs.

2 hours ago, gobills404 said:

I think this is confusing correlation and causation. Of course you would expect teams with more rushing yards to win, because teams with a lead are more likely to be running the ball to kill the clock. At the same time, teams that are behind will be more likely to throw the ball and give up in the run. RG3 needs a new stats guy. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

What does RG3 know about the playoff’s? Lol. Seriously though, I think it depends on the teams. The Bills don’t have to out rush their opponent to win. I personally hate these simplistic cliche sayings. Offense wins games defends wins championships, is another one. 

We’ll see if his theory is correct lol baltimore should be his superbowl choice by those standards..  they are the best rushing offense and rushing defense in the afc playoffs 

5 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Mostert has been running like his hair is on fire and with Skylar starting, that offense will rely heavily on the run game. He has the broken thumb, though.

This is shaping up to be a REALLY bad game for the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, DapperCam said:

They were gashing us with Mostert. He broke his thumb 4 days ago. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.