We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

44 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Gabe in the slot is likely a terrible idea. He is very poor at winning contested catches, drops too many balls, and isn't a precise route runner. 

Brian Daboll had Davis in the slot ~33% his first two seasons. Daboll clearly didn’t think it was a terrible idea. 

Edited by Wraith
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, wppete said:

Will Tua be a game time decision? If he plays will he even get reps at practice this week? 

In order to play he has to get practice reps.  Part of the protocol is non contact practice and then a full contact practice.  He cant be cleared if he doesnt.  I dont see them wasting reps if they dont think he is going to play.

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why are people so concerned about practice reps lol it’s the playoffs. The guys been a starter for like 4 years now. It’s not a 45 year old weekend warrior on a golf course for the first time in 9 months. What do you really think these guys need at this stage outside of gameplay installs? The sewn in starting QBs in the league could not touch a ball all week and be fine on game day. It’s like the 3rd time I have seen a practice rep question about Tua. It’d be a concern if it was like a PS guy that hasn’t ever started before or a long term backup but for a legitimate starting QB in the league it’s nothing to not practice

Why practice at all?  Just do walkthroughs and plan installs.  Nobody needs to stay sharp or in synch.  Just wrap them all up in bubble wrap.  This isnt back yard ball.  These guys still need practice.  Why do bands practice songs that they have played 1000's of times before a gig?  Everyone needs practice.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, QCity said:

Lines are dropping to -11.  It's patently clear Vegas oddsmakers believe Tua is a no-go.

Let's see who gets it right, TBD or the oddsmakers.

Most lines are staying at -10.5 which is pretty high for the way the 2 regular season games went.  The insiders definitely have an opinion on Tua's availability.  If I was a dolphins fan I would lay $20 on the -10.5.  Only out $20 if the bills as expect win this game but if the dolphins somehow win then your team won a playoff game and you have $200 in your pocket.  

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why are people so concerned about practice reps lol it’s the playoffs. The guys been a starter for like 4 years now. It’s not a 45 year old weekend warrior on a golf course for the first time in 9 months. What do you really think these guys need at this stage outside of gameplay installs? The sewn in starting QBs in the league could not touch a ball all week and be fine on game day. It’s like the 3rd time I have seen a practice rep question about Tua. It’d be a concern if it was like a PS guy that hasn’t ever started before or a long term backup but for a legitimate starting QB in the league it’s nothing to not practice

Because you think that the gameplan every game is the same? Of course it is not practice reps to remember how to throw the ball but it is about making sure that everyone is on the same page with a call for that particulra game. No practice reps is a negative regardless of how experienced or able the QB is

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Hill already talking.  I really dislike this dude. Respect him as a WR but not a fan of him off the field 

Hill's talking is the least of his issues off the field.  The multiple cases of domestic abuse of his pregnant girlfriend and infant child show what a garbage pile of a human Hill is.  The only reason he was drafted was because Andy Reid could not care any less about character and decency.  He ran fast, so his history of beating and choking his pregnant girlfriend was overlooked. He even went as far as punching her in her stomach while she was pregnant.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Most lines are staying at -10.5 which is pretty high for the way the 2 regular season games went.  The insiders definitely have an opinion on Tua's availability.  If I was a dolphins fan I would lay $20 on the -10.5.  Only out $20 if the bills as expect win this game but if the dolphins somehow win then your team won a playoff game and you have $200 in your pocket.  

Where are you getting 10-1 odds when betting on the points. That's usually about even odds

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

I only got 6 bucks this week bro.  

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

In order to play he has to get practice reps.  Part of the protocol is non contact practice and then a full contact practice.  He cant be cleared if he doesnt.  I dont see them wasting reps if they dont think he is going to play.

Why practice at all?  Just do walkthroughs and plan installs.  Nobody needs to stay sharp or in synch.  Just wrap them all up in bubble wrap.  This isnt back yard ball.  These guys still need practice.  Why do bands practice songs that they have played 1000's of times before a gig?  Everyone needs practice.

It’s the 18th week of the season…if a guy that is hurt needs the rest he’ll be fine without practice. Also it sounds like at this stage they barely do practice now compared to football in the 90s. A QB at this stage of their career can miss a week of practice, show up and play well. It’s been happening for decades 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

The more I think about it the more I dislike the moves the Bills made at WR. Hodges looks to be a legit WR that could have contributed to the offense. TY Hilton looks to be an upgrade over Brown. Beasley is washed had has little to nothing in the tank. Toney is fast, dynamic and probably better than McKenzie. Easy to criticize after the fact though. 

Man you are overrating all those WR's.

TY Hilton has 7 catches this year in 4 games.  

Kadarius Toney has 14 catches in 7 games with the Chiefs.  16 catches in 9 games including the Giants.  

If the Bills had traded/signed for Hilton and Toney and they put up those stats with us, would you be criticizing the Bills?  You most definitely would have.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

Because you think that the gameplan every game is the same? Of course it is not practice reps to remember how to throw the ball but it is about making sure that everyone is on the same page with a call for that particulra game. No practice reps is a negative regardless of how experienced or able the QB is

I never said anything close to that. I’m saying it’s important to get the game plan instal for the week but the practice reps aren’t necessary for a guy that’s been a starting QB for years. 

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s the 18th week of the season…if a guy that is hurt needs the rest he’ll be fine without practice. Also it sounds like at this stage they barely do practice now compared to football in the 90s. A QB at this stage of their career can miss a week of practice, show up and play well. It’s been happening for decades 

I dont want my QB showing up and playing "pretty well" in a playoff game.

9 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

I didnt even watch it and I know that mcdermott didnt say that lol

The refs have been ridiculously unfair with our superstar cornerback. For the most part, theyve been pretty terrible calls he may have deserved 1 or 2.

I'm usually one of the first in line to call out the refs but if anything they've been helping Tre. He's gotten away with a lot of holding or PI. It's to the point where they have to call it because it happened so much and it was obvious. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe one week, but when you haven’t practiced in 3 weeks there’s a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

In light of what our team has been through in the past week I have two concerns if Tua plays.

1) Will our dline be able to play with full aggression or will there be a sliver of hesitation and caution with regard to injuring Tua? 

2) In the unfortunate event that Tua suffers (yet) another concussion, how well will our players be able to shake that off and continue playing?

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

The more I think about it the more I dislike the moves the Bills made at WR. Hodges looks to be a legit WR that could have contributed to the offense. TY Hilton looks to be an upgrade over Brown. Beasley is washed had has little to nothing in the tank. Toney is fast, dynamic and probably better than McKenzie. Easy to criticize after the fact though. 

Gabe in the slot is likely a terrible idea. He is very poor at winning contested catches, drops too many balls, and isn't a precise route runner. 

The thing is,,, Gabe was so great last season and early this season at catching with his hands,, and he's always been a great toe tapper on the sidelines.  For whatever reason he's become a body-catcher, has the dropsies, and gets lost along the boundaries.  I guess it's a confidence thing. Mental.

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.