We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

13 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Let us face the Miami football team at their best.  This Board went from dissing TT to the max, to being afraid of him.  

I hope TT and Mostert play.  I want to beat their best in the playoffs.    

Can we get Hyde and Miller back ?

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

1st in DVOA, 1st in PFR's SRS(Simple Rating System) and 1st in ESPN FPI.  Yeah they are pretty f**king good.

sometimes these new stats from analytics can be annoying...DVOA, FPI..It's the 13-3 record that says they're good

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

A big reason why the Bengals hit was so bad was the Tua still hadn't recovered. If they bench him and let him heal they don't go on a multi game skid and the Steelers hit doesn't take him out for as long. 

Fair point - plus the hit against the Packers was very minor in the great scheme of things. If he had been treated properly during the Bills game perhaps that wouldn’t have effected him to such an extent either.

• Agree 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think ralonzo said it best. If Fraizer uses cover 2 shell then that’s the only way Buffalo screws this game up. 

I get that but what alternatives does he have. The Bills CBs can't play man. The seem ineffective or unwilling to chuck WRs at the line of scrimmage. The Bills secondary is not really playing well and frankly not very good. Jones burned them when they blitzed and the Pats have no explosive WRs. Pick you poison I guess. Maybe a good Xs and Os person can elaborate more. I know Gunner Bill posted the schemes of the Chargers and Niners. 

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

Can we get Hyde and Miller back ?

sometimes these new stats from analytics can be annoying...DVOA, FPI..It's the 13-3 record that says they're good

Partially...the issue in the NFL, unlike other sports is that every team doesn't play every other team, so you need some way to try and normalize things to make up for the fact that teams play relatively tougher or easier schedules than other teams.

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Partially...the issue in the NFL, unlike other sports is that every team doesn't play every other team, so you need some way to try and normalize things to make up for the fact that teams play relatively tougher or easier schedules than other teams.

Do they adjust for weather?

Mike Girardi reported this morning on NFL network that the Bills looked spent both emotionally and physically all week in their preparation for New England. He said he wasn’t sure how they would be able to handle the game and expected both ups and downs. It will be interesting to see how the prep week goes for this game, especially with Damar just being released from the hospital.

45 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

How many times have these teams faced each other in the post season?

Four.  Twice here and twice in Miami.

2-0 here.  1-1 there (with the one win being the AFCCG).

44-34 Bills (1990 season, Buffalo)

29-10 Bills (1993 season, Miami)

37-22 Bills (1995 season, Buffalo)

24-17 Dolphins (1998 season, Miami)

I expect an offensive output similar to that of the previous games in Buffalo.

Edited by BRH

12 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

I'm really holding out hope that both our OC and DC have been holding back waiting for the playoffs, not to show their hand and come out with something we haven't seen yet and just dominate.  

I've been running this conspiracy theory in my head almost all season, and hope it's true. Likely not though.  I think McD, Frazier and Dorsey are all confident in their respective schemes and execution is the only thing holding this team back from being truly dominant.  

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I get that but what alternatives does he have. The Bills CBs can't play man. The seem ineffective or unwilling to chuck WRs at the line of scrimmage. The Bills secondary is not really playing well and frankly not very good. Jones burned them when they blitzed and the Pats have no explosive WRs. Pick you poison I guess. Maybe a good Xs and Os person can elaborate more. I know Gunner Bill posted the schemes of the Chargers and Niners. 

Do you run the scheme that doesn't work but your players can handle, or run the scheme that does work and coach the damn players to run it? These guys are paid a lot as coaches. Go and coach.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Buffalo had 4 300 yard passers allowed this year.  

Minnesota - Overtime and honestly Minnesota played really well, but there were also a handful of ways buffalo could and should have won that game.

Cleveland - Definition of garbage time.  150 yards and 2 TDs in the last 7 minutes when they were down 28-10.  

KC - Believe it or not but they had more than the 319 net passing yards they had against buffalo, in 8 games.  The 68 net rushing yards was their 3rd lowest on the year.

Pitt - They ran 55 pass plays in a beat down. 

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

7 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

Mike Girardi reported this morning on NFL network that the Bills looked spent both emotionally and physically all week in their preparation for New England. He said he wasn’t sure how they would be able to handle the game and expected both ups and downs. It will be interesting to see how the prep week goes for this game, especially with Damar just being released from the hospital.

I am sure it will be a lot easier this week. Most important is Damar is on the road to recovery, so the team won't be stressed over his health. It will be a normal week practice wise also as they get back into a normal routine.

• Agree 1

Tua or no Tua, bring it.  Bunch of damn scared kids hiding under their covers in this thread.  Probably the same ones that were scared of playing NE last year cus big bad old mean Belichick and playing the same team 3 times crap.

3 minutes ago, wjag said:

At the end of the day, the Oline is really what’s holding this team back.  Way too many times Allen is forced off script.  New England had him running for his life.  

As probably will Miami because all they know how to do is blitz.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Dolphins board doesn't care if Tua ends up brain dead, they want him on the field no matter what. They said other QB's made it through all 5 steps in 1 day so Tua should definitely play. If they cared about their team they would listen to the doctors. They have a very small chance of beating us with Tua and even if they somehow did by some fluke play do you think they have a chance against Cinci and then KC? Dolphins fans are the worst

The league is not interested in anything that would elevate the chances of another Hamlin-type incident so soon after what just happened... ESPECIALLY if it can't be explained away as a freak 1-in-a-million accident. They all saw what happened to him on that Thursday night in Cincinnati.  If Tua goes out there Sunday and has another fencing episode, or worse.... this might be hyperbole, but the NFL just might be over for the year.  At best they're going to face all kinds of lawsuits and be dragged through a terrible PR wringer.

Tua's not playing Sunday.  And that's not his fault.  That's McNerd's fault, and he should be fired for it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Tua or no Tua, bring it.  Bunch of damn scared kids hiding under their covers in this thread.  Probably the same ones that were scared of playing NE last year cus big bad old mean Belichick and playing the same team 3 times crap.

As probably will Miami because all they know how to do is blitz.

Didn’t even really work for them when we were missing two offensive line starters in the last meeting.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.