We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

Holy christ the posters on this thread.

I guarantee you it wouldn't have mattered who our opponent was... you all would have wanted somebody else.  Sorry the Little Sisters of the Poor didn't make the playoffs.

Well said.   The two seed was worth playing for.  We did, we won.  Regardless, we wouldn't have gotten NE anyway if we tanked the game, given we'd drop to the three. 

Out of all the teams that made the playoffs, who are people wanting over Miami?  Chargers?... Ravens?

Bills and Bengals are in similar situations..  Home Games against decent teams if their QB plays.  If their QB doesn't, about as good as you could ask for in the Playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BRH said:

Holy christ the posters on this thread.

I guarantee you it wouldn't have mattered who our opponent was... you all would have wanted somebody else.  Sorry the Little Sisters of the Poor didn't make the playoffs.

No reason to bring the Jets into the conversation. Is Saleh coaching the Dolphins since he said he was going to see us again?

• Haha (+1) 2

• Big Turk changed the title to We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15
26 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Vegas thinks Tua is out Bills -11 is a massive number 

We wouldn’t even get that number if bridgewater was playing right. 

The assumption was Bridgewater is playing which is the -10 opening line. It's since gone more towards the Bills because I don't think anyone would expect Bridgewater to beat the Bills. Realistically their only shot, and not a good one at that, is if Tua plays.

From what I saw on one site point spreads would be:

Tua -7

Bridgewater -10

Thompson -14

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Miami scored essentially 9 points today, against the Jets, AT HOME.

Why are we freaking out about them?

A win is a win, and theyre hard to come by in the NFL!

JK lol looking forward to continuing the in division season ending tradition

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

This is how bad Davis has been.. Worse than I thought

He made those plays in his rookie season, including a sensational end zone catch vs Miami. I just think he's had a down year with a case of the yips, but he has shown that he can do it. I wouldn't write his obituary yet. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He made those plays in his rookie season, including a sensational end zone catch vs Miami. I just think he's had a down year with a case of the yips, but he has shown that he can do it. I wouldn't write his obituary yet. 

Def not. He's on a cheap rookie deal and even yesterday had that tough clutch catch inside the 5. Had a catch of the year candidate vs Pitt ..Just needs consistency to be a legit #2

Edited by JerseyBills

12 hours ago, Preds said:

I'll be on a cruise ship docking in Maui at 8AM with 5 others who will want to see the game.  1 PM ET will mean a 7AM start in Hawaii.  I hope the ship is carrying the game that early, as I doubt bars in Maui will be open for the early game.  I suspect we'll be watching on our phones!

They are in Oahu so I wouldn’t be surprised to find a place in Muai when you dock.  We watched Bills v. Dolphins to see  in Sept.  We got there by 06:30 and there was a line behind us before the doors opened slightly before 07:00.  Ironically, we were chatting with a Philly fan in line who runs one of the private schools and he was telling us that his school played against Tua's and Tua was either really good or really bad even then. 

13 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am going to need some major help. I am going to be at Disney with the family that day. There is no way I can watch it live.

I can probably avoid media all day. But any ideas on how best to watch a replay later that night? 

(My only thought was subscribing to NFL Gamepass, which I think lets you watch replays after the games are played. Anyone have experience with this?) 

I had this issue back in 2017.  The one year they make the playoffs we are in Disney World.  I don’t think it’s realistic to avoid the news.  I ended up watching on NFL Mobile while in line at rides.  But be aware that cell reception gets overloaded there and you’ll want plenty of battery packs.  I ended up running out of juice before the end of the game.  Watched the recording later. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good little article chronicling Miami's pretty severe injury problems after yesterday's game.

Tua "in severe doubt" to play; starting RT getting MRI today; may not play; entire OL remains beaten up.

Starting RB out with broken thumb.

Both the star WRs were beaten up yesterday but finished the game; each is babying an ankle injury.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article270503322.html

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Def not. He's on a cheap rookie deal and even yesterday had that tough clutch catch inside the 5. Had a catch of the year candidate vs Pitt ..Just needs consistency to be a legit #2

Yes. The big issue with him this year is consistency, and I think that's a function of concentration. He may have an ankle issue still, and that could be affecting his toe-tapping ability etc. He was great at that in his rookie season. The dropped bomb yesterday was pretty bad, but I don't think that's necessarily indicative of anything except inconsistency, which has plagued him this year. It's not as if he hasn't made a lot of big plays too. 

6 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Dang every throw to Davis is a 50/50 ball. I really think he will turn it around though.

FWIW this chap broke down all Davis targets vs NE.  Now, the thing we don’t know when “Josh threw behind him twice…..threw him too far to the sideline once” is, to what extent are those throws the result of Davis not reading the defense the same way as Josh, thus not running the route as Josh expects him to run it?  Or, just not running the route as Josh expects?

That is always the unanswered question whenever a WR and the ball don’t wind up in the same place at the same time.  It’s a mistake, but whose?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

FWIW this chap broke down all Davis targets vs NE.  Now, the thing we don’t know when “Josh threw behind him twice…..threw him too far to the sideline once” is, to what extent are those throws the result of Davis not reading the defense the same way as Josh, thus not running the route as Josh expects him to run it?  Or, just not running the route as Josh expects?

That is always the unanswered question whenever a WR and the ball don’t wind up in the same place at the same time.  It’s a mistake, but whose?

I think the throws were off. Josh was visibly angry at himself after the one he threw behind him in the third quarter. On the one that he threw too far, yes, it wasn't a great throw, but an NFL receiver is trained to toe-tap and he didn't even make an effort, as if he didn't know where he was. Happened in the Bears game too. He's gotta get his head together and concentrate better than he has been doing this season. 

Edited by dave mcbride

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I think the throw in the 1st quarter that was a little behind him was intentionally thrown that way to prevent a big collision over the middle. That one Davis cleanly got his hands on and looked frustrated with himself that he couldn't come down with it. The one slant pass was clearly uncatchable so I don't fault him for that. But that means you're looking at a drop on a pretty standard catch, another drop on an easy catch in the end zone, and a failure to get even one foot in let alone two on a sideline catch. Not to mention Davis overall just didn't get much separation yesterday. That is a piss poor performance for a playoff offense's #2 WR. Moving forward from here I would prepare to basically use Knox and the RBs as our #2 options. I don't trust Davis anymore.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Based on Josh’s reaction you can usually tell who’s at fault.  Looked like there were a couple of each in this game.  Also a few of those ‘thrown behind him’ type balls were very catchable.  The overthrow in the end zone looked like josh was being cautious and throwing it away because the linebacker was lurking so I wouldn’t really blame either for that one.  

If gabe caught 50/50 balls with a little more regularity I’d have no problem chalking some of it up to certain throws weren’t great.  But he hardly ever comes down with them it seems 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Heitz said:

It's interesting to me that McDaniel keeps  throwing out "next year" when talking bout Tua.  His quote yesterday after the game was “And I will not think about any game — whether this year or next year — until he’s fully ready. And that will require medical clearance.”

IMO, they're being mindful of their language so the fan base doesn't completely freak out when Tua can't go during the playoffs.

Obvi we'll see, but that language in no way says to me he's definitely playing as many here seem to think...

:beer: 

I think he is covering his ass at this point, acting like Tua's health is their priority, even though his previous actions seem to imply otherwise.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.