We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

12 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Story lines aside, the early line indicates that expectations are that the Bills will win handily. Tough to give them an evening slot for such a game. Mind you, all games should be considered as Primetime from here on out. 

I get that too. But IF Tua was a sure thing to play you know as well it wouldn’t be a 1PM game 

13 hours ago, gtw3 said:

We will see how the week progresses regarding Tua.  I would think that suffering at least 2 confirmed concussions in one season would be enough to shelf someone for the year but the playoffs make teams/players take increased risks.  A large portion of our fan base would be hoping that one of our players would play, assuming they cleared protocol, regardless of how many concussions they had suffered. So I am sure the Miami faithful are doing just that. 

Regardless, I don't think it matters.  No one is stopping this Bills team this year.

Lastly, I really hope that the Tua conversation this week doesn't turn ugly.  The medical issues he has been working through this year are serious too.  Don't have us be the fan base that wishes harm on others.

Go Bills

McDaniels/Tua aside, the league has a major issue with concussions that seems to only be getting worse. Miami is just the punching bag at the moment. 

Taron played 6 days later. Morse 12 or so after his 6th. There was some speculation Josh might have gotten one vs GB. He’s been near the bottom of the league against zone this season (per WGR) It’s something to think about as possible. 

Players will miss entire calendar years in other sports. The NFL is a disaster with this stuff. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

One has to wonder IF Tua does play - is he going to be seeing ghosts or does he revert back to his old decent self ?

alway going to be thinking of taking a hit and not waking up for a few minutes ya know?  Especially against buffalo 

I think Tua will be fine. Don’t think he will see ghosts. Not really that kind of player. He’s too smart for that 

39 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The thing is, even if Lamar comes back I expect Cinci to still be heavily favored. If Tua comes back it's a much closer game 

He has 2 documented concussions in less than 12 weeks, and everyone knows he really had three with the Milano hit.

The Fish’s biggest flaw is their defense is a mess.  A lot of injuries and not even close to the depth of the Bills.

Even if Tua plays their defense shouldn’t be able to stop Josh and company.  I wouldn’t doubt a decent Cook day as well as Knox.  They will do their best to take out Diggs so Gabe better have a good day.  Going 3 for 10 attempts to him was not his best day.

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Some speculation on a few national shows I've heard this morning that Tua will be cleared from concussion protocol and will practice/play.  Tyreek said he will be personally driving to Tua's house and picking him up.

If Tua does play, all sympathetic feelings about him are off..i hope the Bills smash him.

For his sake he shouldn't play. Big picture is his quality of life down the road could be a bad one if he suffers another head injury.

9 hours ago, Preds said:

I'll be on a cruise ship docking in Maui at 8AM with 5 others who will want to see the game.  1 PM ET will mean a 7AM start in Hawaii.  I hope the ship is carrying the game that early, as I doubt bars in Maui will be open for the early game.  I suspect we'll be watching on our phones!

When I visited Maui last, there are bars open for the game. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

McDaniels/Tua aside, the league has a major issue with concussions that seems to only be getting worse. Miami is just the punching bag at the moment. 

Taron played 6 days later. Morse 12 or so after his 6th. There was some speculation Josh might have gotten one vs GB. He’s been near the bottom of the league against zone this season (per WGR) It’s something to think about as possible. 

Players will miss entire calendar years in other sports. The NFL is a disaster with this stuff. 

There is a protocol to follow, and every situation is different.

The first step is recognizing there was a head-injury, so the player can get tested.  Miami came under scrutiny because Tua fell to the ground wobbly after hitting his head hard, and then claimed it was a back injury (which made zero sense).  There was nothing on the hit Josh took versus Green Bay that suggested he had a head injury, other than him playing crappy for the next several quarters.  

Also, just because a player is being tested for a head injury, doesn't mean he actually suffered one.  Much less a concussion.  To my knowledge, they never said that Taron Johnson actually had a concussion during the Bengals game.  He was taken off the field on the series before Damar Hamlin went down, so all the reporting on his situation fell through the cracks.  

Once a player has been tested, it's about passing the tests to get cleared by doctors.  It was surprising to see Morse get back so quickly, but it's possible the severity was very low.  He does have a history of concussions, but this was his first in 2-3 years.  Much different situation than Tua, who has suffered three in the last four months... and shown pretty severe symptoms each time.  The first he was stumbling around.  The second he was lying on the ground with his fingers curled up.  On the latest one, the Dolphins coaches say he was forgetting the plays from the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

I see a lot of comments that Miami will "miraculously" find a way to get Tua cleared, so he can play against us on Sunday.  Now in the recent past, I can definitely see that being the case.  It's a playoff game, and what would stop some shady doctors from looking the other way... 

But after everything that has transpired recently, I just can't see it happening unless he's really 100% ready to go.

The NFL just had a player almost DIE on the field during a primetime game, less than a week ago.  It was one of the biggest stories in the entire country.  And despite it clearly being a crazy freak accident, it did raise a lot of new questions about the safety of the sport.  Combine that with the very public controversy surrounding Miami/Tua earlier this season regarding concussions.  The Dolphins caught a lot of heat for failing to follow the proper protocols, and forced the league to conduct an investigation into how his injury was handled.  And that's not even considering the other major scandals involving the organization in the past 12 months (tampering with Sean Payton/Tom Brady; the owner allegedly ordering his coach to tank games).

Let's just say, the NFL has zero incentive to turn the other way in regards to player safety.  It's already a Sunday afternoon playoff game.  They gain absolutely nothing in the ratings by Tua playing.  They have everything to lose by him suffering another terrible head injury on national TV.  I believe the league will be watching Miami like a hawk, and making sure all the proper steps are followed. 

We are talking about THREE concussions in the span of 4 months.  I would honestly be surprised if any doctor clears him to play.

Also what doctor is putting their career on the line to clear him if he isn't 100% ready?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Ugh. I did not want the 1 pm Sunday slot.

One more day for Tua to possibly recover. CBS is the one football channel I get the worst reception on and I can't record and I have stuff going on so I'll miss the first half. 

Same here.  The ONLY slot I didn’t want 

I think behind closed doors there are many issues with the handling of Tua during the first Bills game and going forward. It would be a huge risk for this 25 year old kid to go out on a football field again this year. I think the Miami Medical staff knows they will be called out if he plays and God forbid has another head injury. I personally feel the Bills will beat the Dolphins handily with or without Tua. The last time he played was Christmas Day. His two main receivers are hobbled. There’s a reason the Networks put this game at 1. It’s the biggest blowout on paper accept for San Francisco game. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.