We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

24 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

Not disagreeing with you at all- this was a rough week- the worst type of week and they did what they needed when they needed in short order

Tony Dungy said he spoke with Leslie Frazier, and Frazier was not at all certain how the defense would play today after the rough week.

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Tua thing will be an interesting story. Miami needs him in there, but there will

be outside pressures to keep him sidelined as everyone in the media, unaffiliated doctors and fans/social media are worried about his future.  He hasn’t played or practiced since the GB game.  I mean if they play Tua and he takes a blow to the head and is really hurt again, that organization will be crushed by everyone.

will be interesting for sure. Got to believe the league office is applying pressure for him not to play.

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Not only will the Dolphins organization be crushed but the NFL will suffer very bad publicity as a result of another Tua concussion.  This is why I think the NFL will be keeping a very close eye on how this plays out over the week.

“Player Safety” is out the window for the next 5 years if he plays and suffers a concussion

especially after what just happened….

the violent aspect of football would be the narrative for a long time

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

There is a zero percent chance Tua plays. McDaniel just wants the Bills to think there's a chance. But let's be real, after the Hamlin incident, NFL will be carefully monitoring player safety, and before Hamlin Tua was the poster boy for the need of increased safety measures in the NFL. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

There is a zero percent chance Tua plays. McDaniel just wants the Bills to think there's a chance. But let's be real, after the Hamlin incident, NFL will be carefully monitoring player safety, and before Hamlin Tua was the poster boy for the need of increased safety measures in the NFL. 

At this point I wouldn’t put anything past McDaniel. 

I putting all my energy into hoping the Ravens can somehow beat the Bengals

• Thank you (+1) 1

If Tua clears protocol I could see him playing. 2 concussions so far with a 3rd being classified as a back injury. It Tua plays I have no doubt he will get another one, when Milano or Edmunds nails him and his helmet hits the near frozen turf. I hope they don’t play him for his own sake.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

If Tua clears protocol I could see him playing. 2 concussions so far with a 3rd being classified as a back injury. It Tua plays I have no doubt he will get another one, when Milano or Edmunds nails him and his helmet hits the near frozen turf. I hope they don’t play him for his own sake.

everyone knows that wasn’t just a back injury. Agreed. For his own sake I hope he doesn’t play

5 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Are we scared of Tua now?

More than skylark Thompson or whoever the hell that is 

let’s be real I want the easiest path to the SB and the easiest game there … Don’t give me the I wanna beat the best teams  *****

Edited by Buffalo716

14 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Are we scared of Tua now?

I'm scared for what his living condition might be like in 10-15 years if he gets another concussion. Bills win if he plays or not, but really hope the safety of the player is looked after. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Won’t matter, Tua will be playing scared knowing full well his career is just one hit from being over. 

Sorry , no disrespect intended , but you don’t know how Tua will be playing ; why would he go out if he is “ scared”.?   Thats just speculation/ fan speak  and if he is out there , with all the focus specifically directed toward him ,,he does not play without clearance so it’s out of his hands.  Usually you expect a guy with three documented concussions in one year to be shut down, but if he has no symptoms and clears the protocol, I bet this coach goes with him with so much at stake. 
Even our own  pro bowl center has SIX concussions, at least two within this year , and I have not heard  he is playing scared (he  has never said so ) and obviously he has not been “one hit” from “ his career being over “ ( related to his concussion history , yet EVERY player is ONE HIT from their career being over as  Hamlin nearly or possibly demonstrated a week ago ) , ao speculating about  Tua   because you are a good Bills fan is being a little biased. 
 It’s been a great year to be a fan of this team as they seem to keep winning despite making several mistakes that somehow they find ways to recover from ( another red zone int by Josh, lost fumble by motor , touching a punt and turning it over to the Pats , allowing Jones,who everyone on here describes as average at best , to go 17/17 in three TD drives as our d faced an 8-8, now 8-9 team), and truthfully  we were behind by three to this bad offensive team on our home field at one point, so who knows what to predict? 

Despite the mistakes, they keep making spectacular things happen that they pull out wins with, like two kickoff returns for Tds , Tre making a key drive stopping int , and while Gabe seems to be  dropping balls more than expected or not getting two feet down more than once , in comes Smoke from the past with a great Td catch, or  Allen makes up for the red zone int with a perfect bomb to Diggs and extends another play finding Dawson in the endzone!   Here’s hoping Dorsey will roll out some new wrinkles , like Beasley, Smoke , throwing downfield to Cook, running Josh inside the ten, using Shakir more etc.  
Predicting anything about Tua and the Fins just seems impossible this year and I personally hope he is out.  ( alls fair in the playoffs cuz it’s one and done !)   It’s a little concerning as he did lead them to one of the wins against us and they played well against us  in cold weather: it probably will be another one possession game ( we won the last one here in the cold 32-29, they beat us by two in Miami, so seems it will be very competitive).
We played at a different level last year in the playoffs, but injuries have really taken a toll this year.  Hyde is out , Hamlin is out , Poyer and Tre are not 100% , and the guy Beane thought was critical to advance , Miller , is out.  Throw in an OC in his first playoff game and it might make things a lot more even or unpredictable than we expected. Vegas tho must think Tua is not playing with that line, and any advantage to overcome the gift KC got having to play only two games to get to the SB,  after losing head to head to both us and Cincy, is something I’m all for.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I think it’s just relatively speaking.

243 yards against a mediocre QB with mediocre weapons and playing at home.

Pass defence definitely wasn’t good today

We saw some good and some bad today. First half defense was not good, but they played alot better in the 2nd half. While I agree Mac has mediocre

numbers, but coming into today he had only 1 int in his last 8 games dating back to Nov. 6th. And had only 5 in his 13 games this year. The defense had 3 in the 2nd half alone. Strange you would mention the yards allowed, but not the 3 ints in 22 minutes of game time.🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Sorry , no disrespect intended , but you don’t know how Tua will be playing ; why would he go out if he is “ scared”.?   Thats just speculation/ fan speak  and if he is out there , with all the focus specifically directed toward him ,,he does not play without clearance so it’s out of his hands.  Usually you expect a guy with three documented concussions in one year to be shut down, but if he has no symptoms and clears the protocol, I bet this coach goes with him with so much at stake. 
Even our own  pro bowl center has SIX concussions, at least two within this year , and I have not heard  he is playing scared (he  has never said so ) and obviously he has not been “one hit” from “ his career being over “ ( related to his concussion history , yet EVERY player is ONE HIT from their career being over as  Hamlin nearly or possibly demonstrated a week ago ) , ao speculating about  Tua   because you are a good Bills fan is being a little biased. 
 It’s been a great year to be a fan of this team as they seem to keep winning despite making several mistakes that somehow they find ways to recover from ( another red zone int by Josh, lost fumble by motor , touching a punt and turning it over to the Pats , allowing Jones,who everyone on here describes as average at best , to go 17/17 in three TD drives as our d faced an 8-8, now 8-9 team), and truthfully  we were behind by three to this bad offensive team on our home field at one point, so who knows what to predict? 

Despite the mistakes, they keep making spectacular things happen that they pull out wins with, like two kickoff returns for Tds , Tre making a key drive stopping int , and while Gabe seems to be  dropping balls more than expected or not getting two feet down more than once , in comes Smoke from the past with a great Td catch, or  Allen makes up for the red zone int with a perfect bomb to Diggs and extends another play finding Dawson in the endzone!   Here’s hoping Dorsey will roll out some new wrinkles , like Beasley, Smoke , throwing downfield to Cook, running Josh inside the ten, using Shakir more etc.  
Predicting anything about Tua and the Fins just seems impossible this year and I personally hope he is out.  ( alls fair in the playoffs cuz it’s one and done !)   It’s a little concerning as he did lead them to one of the wins against us and they played well against us  in cold weather: it probably will be another one possession game ( we won the last one here in the cold 32-29, they beat us by two in Miami, so seems it will be very competitive).
We played at a different level last year in the playoffs, but injuries have really taken a toll this year.  Hyde is out , Hamlin is out , Poyer and Tre are not 100% , and the guy Beane thought was critical to advance , Miller , is out.  Throw in an OC in his first playoff game and it might make things a lot more even or unpredictable than we expected. Vegas tho must think Tua is not playing with that line, and any advantage to overcome the gift KC got having to play only two games to get to the SB,  after losing head to head to both us and Cincy, is something I’m all for.  

lmfao

29 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

We saw some good and some bad today. First half defense was not good, but they played alot better in the 2nd half. While I agree Mac has mediocre

numbers, but coming into today he had only 1 int in his last 8 games dating back to Nov. 6th. And had only 5 in his 13 games this year. The defense had 3 in the 2nd half alone. Strange you would mention the yards allowed, but not the 3 ints in 22 minutes of game time.🤷‍♂️

They made some big plays when needed for sure and I will give them that.

But overall as a pass defence, were you satisfied with the performance today?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.