We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

No thanks. Would totally screw up a lot of people’s, including mine, travel plans. No extra time for fins to get healthy either

Plus it would give the winner a short week vs their next opponent. No thanks.

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Tua back will give them a huge lift. Mosert gashed the Bills and Waddle and Hill are so explosive. The Bills couldn't even get Jones off the field today. The secondary is a mess. 

Didn't Waddle hurt his ankle at the end of the game? Nobody is talking about this.

This thread is amazing. The amount of fear of facing the Finns is absurd.

The only reason that the last game was close was that the Bills offense took a quarter to overcome losing Morse at center with Bates out of the game. Going into this game the Bills O-line is healthy.  They will score at will.

As far as whether Tua plays or not it would be a sin if he plays.  Three concussions in a couple of months off of 3 modest hits is a real problem that will have to be sorted out in the off season.  And I suspect that this will not be a decision that only the Dolphins get to make.  The league is going to be looking over their shoulder every step of the way. 

And if Tua plays? Miami was not exactly lighting the world on fire when he was out there.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Defeat makes its' home when a negative mindset sets in before doing something.

We'll be fine against Miami. "I don't like this match up against Miami" "I wouldn't have picked this match up" "Worst possible match up" and on and on. Boo frikkin' hoo.

We beat them in the regular season in the snow game. There is no need to be Debbie Downers. Fight on.

What’s that got to do with calling the game when Damar got hurt?

7 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

What’s that got to do with calling the game when Damar got hurt?

Because the forfeit boys wanted to take another defeat when we already got a major scary loss with Damar. Why willingly take on another L with a "forfeit?"

None of the players wanted that. Damar didn't want that. The NFL did not present "forfeit" as an option either.

But some of the posters here were loud and clear with "forfeit." That was lame. That's all in the past now. I explained my position in one of those long threads.

I'm damn happy we didn't forfeit anything. And yet some posters here still show that defeatist attitude before the Miami match up. Yikes. So we're gonna forfeit the Miami Dolphin game because some of you don't like the match up?

No matter who we face, the playoffs are gonna be ugly. We're grinding out wins without Von Miller and Hyde. We got an injured Josh Allen and Poyer. Our secondary is getting lit up. No match up will be attractive.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

25 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Yes. There is one game Monday night 

I gotta think Dallas at TB.  That’s a monster rating and not a huge spread. 

14 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Didn't Waddle hurt his ankle at the end of the game? Nobody is talking about this.

I only saw a few plays but Tyreek was on the sidelines with an ankle as well. I think he still played through it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This thread is amazing. The amount of fear of facing the Finns is absurd.

The only reason that the last game was close was that the Bills offense took a quarter to overcome losing Morse at center with Bates out of the game. Going into this game the Bills O-line is healthy.  They will score at will.

As far as whether Tua plays or not it would be a sin if he plays.  Three concussions in a couple of months off of 3 modest hits is a real problem that will have to be sorted out in the off season.  And I suspect that this will not be a decision that only the Dolphins get to make.  The league is going to be looking over their shoulder every step of the way. 

And if Tua plays? Miami was not exactly lighting the world on fire when he was out there.

Disagree with most of your take. Your premise is outrageous. Morse being out was not the only reason the game was close. Go back and watch the game. I didn't see Morse missing tackles on Mosert. Did you? The Dolphins WR dropped a TD pass as well. The Bills got several generous calls from the refs. McDaniels made some very questionable play calls that probably cost them the game. The Bills were fortunate to win the game.

No Bills fan should feel comfortable going into this game. Especially after watching the defense play today. I think the Bills win but it will be a dog fight. It wouldn't surprise me if the Dolphins upset the Bills either.

Tua should retire before he gets seriously hurt. Of course he shouldn't play but I expect 100% that he will. Think what you want about Tua. One thing that's not debatable is that he makes the Dolphins significantly better. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Disagree with most of your take. Your premise is outrageous. Morse being out was not the only reason the game was close. Go back and watch the game. I didn't see Morse missing tackles on Mosert. Did you? The Dolphins WR dropped a TD pass as well. The Bills got several generous calls from the refs. McDaniels made some very questionable play calls that probably cost them the game. The Bills were fortunate to win the game.

No Bills fan should feel comfortable going into this game. Especially after watching the defense play today. I think the Bills win but it will be a dog fight. It wouldn't surprise me if the Dolphins upset the Bills either.

The should retire before he gets seriously hurt. Of course he shouldn't play but I expect 100% that he will. Think what you want about Tua. One thing that's not debatable is that he makes the Dolphins significantly better. 

Morse AND Bates were BOTH out which created mayhem on the O-line and allowed Miami to get back into the game as we wasted multiple possessions on offense straightening it out.

Mosert caught the Bills by surprise.  He won't this time.

I don't feel comfortable about any playoff game. I worry about them all because we're playing good football teams.  But with that being said I don't particularly fear the Dolphins and think they are a good match-up for us. The pearl clutching and pissing the bed on this thread over Tua and the Dolphins is extraordinary IMO.

I don't know how you can be 100% certain Tua will play and that if he does play he will be highly effective.  The NFL is going to be keeping tabs on Miami and their decision process of playing Tua. Given the circumstances of Tua's concussions this season it's likely he's not in the normal NFL concussion protocol but in something even more stringent.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Tua should retire before he gets seriously hurt. Of course he shouldn't play but I expect 100% that he will. Think what you want about Tua. One thing that's not debatable is that he makes the Dolphins significantly better. 

I understand what you're saying but even if Tua plays its his first playoff game in one if not most hostile atmospheres in the NFL. So there will be big big time nerves for him. Mistakes are amplified so I got to assume that will come into play during the game.

We will see how the week progresses regarding Tua.  I would think that suffering at least 2 confirmed concussions in one season would be enough to shelf someone for the year but the playoffs make teams/players take increased risks.  A large portion of our fan base would be hoping that one of our players would play, assuming they cleared protocol, regardless of how many concussions they had suffered. So I am sure the Miami faithful are doing just that. 

Regardless, I don't think it matters.  No one is stopping this Bills team this year.

Lastly, I really hope that the Tua conversation this week doesn't turn ugly.  The medical issues he has been working through this year are serious too.  Don't have us be the fan base that wishes harm on others.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.