Patriots suspend 2 player before Bills game

HOUSE

As the Patriots prepare for their last game of the season against a very motivated Buffalo Bills team, a report first revealed by ESPN’s Field Yates shocked the New England media and fans on Friday.

Rookie cornerback Jack Jones and punter Jake Bailey were both moved from the injured reserve list to the reserve/suspended list, meaning they were suspended by the team and not the league. If that wasn’t shocking enough, when the detailed report was released, it showed both players had been suspended on December 31st, nearly a week before the news broke to the public

https://musketfire.com/2023/01/07/patriots-suspensions-mean-players/

Edited by HOUSE

Superficially, it sure seems like the Patriots* are looking to escape from what may now be viewed as a bad contract with Jake Bailey.  I do not know if it would also provide the same corresponding cap relief.  If so, then it is imo yet another pretty ***** manipulation of circumstances and rules by an organization that has a long history of doing so. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Superficially, it sure seems like the Patriots* are looking to escape from what may now be viewed as a bad contract with Jake Bailey.  I do not know if it would also provide the same corresponding cap relief.  If so, then it is imo yet another pretty ***** manipulation of circumstances and rules by an organization that has a long history of doing so. 

Bailey’s filed a grievance against the Pats.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2023/1/7/23543862/jake-bailey-grievance-patriots-suspension

I would have zero desire to play for Bill Belichick or the Patriots organization if I were in NFL. Feels like with teams like Buffalo, you’re part of a family. With New England, you’re a piece of the pie that is given just enough rope to hang yourself. 

When looking at the post Tom Brady days in New England, it’s clear who the genius was… he wore #12.  BB, Patricia, McDaniels are exposed. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.