NFL Week #18 - Patriots* @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

3 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Once again we played flat for long stretches, turned the ball over three times, and made everything look hard, yet scored 35 and won by two scores.

Huge credit to the Bills for getting through the game after the most emotional, life-or-death week any of them have been a part of.

Would love to have an easy game next week. Need one before the Bengals come to town. 

Just like that we beat the Dolphins?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

I might never be able to watch a replay of that opening kickoff return for the TD without shedding a few tears.  Ever. 

I know how it felt in the stadium, looking forward to watching it and seeing player reactions. Hopefully they got a lot of them on TV!

Edit: Just saw the reaction on SportsCenter. As good as I hoped it would be, the embrace Josh and Dawson had was great!

Much love for McDermott and the team culture that allows these men to show the emotions they have been this past week. The unfettered love they have for each other is amazing!

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

what say you, newcam. you think the dolphins have a chance?

I'm sure you do. 

Of course they do. The Dolphins are a solid team with explosive weapons and speed. A few weeks ago when both teams played the Dolphins clearly controlled both sides of the ball. I rewatched the game and can say the Bills were fortunate to win the game. It literally came down to a play or two that was the difference. Both teams know each other well and truthfully there isn't a lot of separation between them. I do think the Bills are slightly better because of Allen. They should win the game at home. Counting this as a win is too premature. 

Edited by newcam2012

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Of course they do. The Dolphins are a solid team with explosive weapons and speed. A few weeks ago when both teams played the Dolphins clearly controlled both sides of the ball. I rewatxhed the game and can say the Bills were fortunate to win the game. It literally came down to a play or two that was the difference. Both teams know each other well and truthfully there isn't a lot of separation between the two teams. I do think the Bills are slightly better because of Allen. They should win the game at home. Counting this as a win is too premature. 

every bills player goes in to every game, believing they will win. I'll agree the fins can be a challenge, like every team they faced this past season has been a challenge, but they only lost 3 games. I believe they will win and it wont be all on allen just as it wasn't this past game. allen did have a big hand in it, the td pass to digs was phenomenal but the defense played as big a part as well as special teams, which was extra special.

some here thought the patsies had a chance, even picked them to win. not to be. 

count me in the not too premature to believe they win crowd. I believe they win out. playing the next three games at home. with the finale in Glendale.

that's my hot take and I'm sticking to it!

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

Recognizing that things usually don't play out as predicted, but the road to the Super Bowl may go through the Dolphins and Bengals as home and the Chiefs at a neutral site. That's doable, but it's going to be tough.

We should be having a bye playing the winner of the Chargers & Jags game then most like have to play the winner of the KC & Cinn game to go to the super bowl 

9 hours ago, Success said:

I swear - reading some of the Pats boards, it sounds like we did in during the drought.  All about the bad officiating, and how they have cap space & the building blocks, and will be "right back in contention next year."

It's kind of wonderful.  Spoiler alert: they won't be right back in contention last year. They're headed for an offseason of turmoil if Kraft has had it w/ losing, and pushes Belichick's buttons on changes he thinks should be made to the coaching staff.

Shouldn’t every fan base think that way? Also Spoil alert the Pats blew 4 games this year, 4 games they should have won even with a terrible O this year.  Also BB already stated (per talking heads up here) that he know he has make changes to the coaching staff.

The Pats strength is the D with Judon, Uche, Baremore, and Dugger  as stand outs with Both rookies Jones boys looking decent this year at corner. Marcus Jones is our Swiss Army knife being good in all 3 phases of the game for them this year. They are a top tier D. (Probably need another corner and a safety to replace a retiring McCourty.)

on O you have NICE pieces in Stevenson, Parker, Bourne and Meyers. The big issue on O was two fold terrible coaching and 2 tackles who just stunk most of the year. The line was so bad at week 13 or 14 Mac Jones had less time on average to throw than ANY other QB in the NFL. 

• Haha (+1) 1

No one knew how the Bills would play from this past week's events. The team looked disjointed, not buttoned up.  I mean you saw how emotional the guys were, then after the game you hear someone like Tre White and he's still struggling with it. 

Except for the Special teams.  The opening return was spectacular and then to do it again?  That was surreal, and those returns won us the game.  Those and the 2 explosive pass plays.

Let's keep in mind,  Kansas City played against a Raiders team with a backup QB who was completely out of the playoffs...Cincinnati played against a team that was resting starters and using a 3rd string QB.  Only the Bills played a team who was truly battling for their playoff lives and we still won by double digits.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Did anyone listen to Chris Brown call the game? Just hearing some clips he sounds pretty good.

I did not but I was wondering. 

10 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Only the Bills played a team who was truly battling for their playoff lives and we still won by double digits.

And the big bad Billacheat Darth Vader GOAT didn’t get us !!  (I’m most afraid of CIN offense vs our secondary)

I’m always of the opinion that any W is a good W and this team knows how to win gritty. That’s going to help a lot in the playoffs.

I went back and watched the game, obviously not the All-22

It’s no surprise to say as Josh goes, so goes the team. I’ve been a big Dorsey critic this season, but my opinion of him has changed these last 4-5 weeks. Dorsey has adjusted to what teams are doing. Yeah I’d like to run a bit more when it’s working, and I’d love to know how many run plays Josh checks out of. But here’s the thing and it’s probably no surprise to anyone - Josh is leaving so much meat on the bone constantly looking for kill shots. This game especially, there were guys open for easy short gains that could turn into big ones and Josh is just refusing to even look that way. That’s why this offense is looking disjointed, Josh is looking for kill shots constantly. If he would just take the short stuff a few times a game it would open up so much more deep. Cook especially is open in the flat almost every time he goes out for easy gains. If Josh even looks his way, it’s way too late in the down. Shakir is getting open at times too, Josh’s doesn’t even look his way. It’s Diggs/Davis/Knox in that order unless it’s a scramble drill.

So we are going as far as Josh can take us which is no big revelation. Idk if it’s going to happen but if he just started taking what the defense is giving instead of always trying to impose his will on the opposing defense I think this offense is a jaggarnaut and unstoppable. We still are consistently putting up Mid 20s-30s a game with a disjointed offense so it’s a bit of a hollow complaint but it’s the playoffs now so I think it’s ok to expect better production when it’s being schemed open.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Really proud of the 22 Bills. Brutal schedule , tons of adversity and we're 13-3

We need Hines to have a role on offense.  He's such an x factor in space. What happened to the Cook/Hines backfield duo? That could cause defenses nightmares.  Either way he needs to be involved more in some way

5 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I’m always of the opinion that any W is a good W and this team knows how to win gritty. That’s going to help a lot in the playoffs.

I went back and watched the game, obviously not the All-22

It’s no surprise to say as Josh goes, so goes the team. I’ve been a big Dorsey critic this season, but my opinion of him has changed these last 4-5 weeks. Dorsey has adjusted to what teams are doing. Yeah I’d like to run a bit more when it’s working, and I’d love to know how many run plays Josh checks out of. But here’s the thing and it’s probably no surprise to anyone - Josh is leaving so much meat on the bone constantly looking for kill shots. This game especially, there were guys open for easy short gains that could turn into big ones and Josh is just refusing to even look that way. That’s why this offense is looking disjointed, Josh is looking for kill shots constantly. If he would just take the short stuff a few times a game it would open up so much more deep. Cook especially is open in the flat almost every time he goes out for easy gains. If Josh even looks his way, it’s way too late in the down. Shakir is getting open at times too, Josh’s doesn’t even look his way. It’s Diggs/Davis/Knox in that order unless it’s a scramble drill.

So we are going as far as Josh can take us which is no big revelation. Idk if it’s going to happen but if he just started taking what the defense is giving instead of always trying to impose his will on the opposing defense I think this offense is a jaggarnaut and unstoppable. We still are consistently putting up Mid 20s-30s a game with a disjointed offense so it’s a bit of a hollow complaint but it’s the playoffs now so I think it’s ok to expect better production when it’s being schemed open.

There were multiple plays I was frustrated Josh didn't hit the rb underneath.  Looked their way but decided to force it  intermediate. He has to start taking those easy 10+ yards underneath.  Mahomes does that all day. It just adds another element to the O

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.