NFL Week #18 - Patriots* @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

For a team that relies heavily on communication from their safeties, disguising looks/etc...it just looked out of sync today.

But that's understandable given what went down this week and Marlowes 1st game out there.   

I fully expect they will get things cleaned up for Miami, and be playing faster/in position

Happy with the win but the secondary was exposed for a lot of that game. Definitely going to need to see more from that unit in the playoffs. 

The offense was fun, but man I want to see less endzone shots when we get around the 20 yard line.  Keep working it up, there's no reason for 3 home run shots in a row.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

I don't care. If the BIlls can't beat a Tua-led Dolphins team then they have no chance against Cincinnati or KC.

I don’t care either. Let’s put it this way. Any adequate or better starting QB that doesn’t play is a plus for any team. Be it Tua or Mac or Mahomes. So ya let’s play them without Tua. That said the Bills will still beat the fins with Tua and he may never play again after that. 

6 hours ago, daz28 said:

I think the O can manage.  The D is certainly an issue, but they did make some plays

That's all you can ask make a few plays are good times in game to swing that momentum and make opponents start pressing then we pick up points as they fall apart. 

55 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Will be interesting to see how Marlowe grades out.  When I did notice him he didn't exactly seem fast and dynamic out there

Few times I seen him it seemed like he barely even tried to go through the motions.  Kinda just stood around and loafed it out there.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Few times I seen him it seemed like he barely even tried to go through the motions.  Kinda just stood around and loafed it out there.

Seems like they might have to make a decision to put a young athletic Jaquan who likely will be out of position at times and make mistakes vs an old slug who has experience and should know where to go but not the athleticism to always get there

Edited by stevewin
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

They likely called it according to the rule referring to a "reverse chop", but suggesting that Dawkins actually engaged with the rusher is a significant stretch.

It was a borderline call. You don’t actually have to touch the guy to be “engaged” as long as you’re squared off with him and drawing his attention, but the defender was pretty much clear of Dawkins and saw Cook coming all the way so I don’t know…

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Yeah I went through a bit and I was kinda surprised there seemed to be a more of a mix of "optimists" and "realists" than I expected.  A lot who want to scapegoat everything on Patricia, but a fair amount that realize Jones is not great and Bellicheat is washed.

It does warm my heart that fanbase is sitting home tonight with their season ended.  I keep thinking today what I felt when we signed Von - what top FA is going to want to go that joyless organization, with miserable SOB mumbling a-hole coach whose 'genius' lustre has worn off, no chance of winning a championship in the near term, with incredibly underwhelming QB who is a whiny dirty POS and who you want to punch in the face (throw in a morally devoid owner for good measure). 

F them.  I hope they sit in this purgatory for decades.

Part of it too is that now that the Pats* season is over, so are their practices, while the Bills will be practicing for as long as they're in the playoffs. I read an article several years back about how during the Patriots* two decades of dominance, just how many more practices they got over the other teams in the division. I wish I could remember how many that came out to, but it was a very large number. They add up, and that extended practice schedule really fosters continuity.

And of course, there's Josh Allen. No more QB controversies, or QB "competitions" wasting time in TC. I read the Pats* forums as well, and some of the arguments for, and against Mac & Cheese Jones are so reminiscent of Bills' QBs past-- "... we need to see what we have in him..." "... the jury is still out..." "... we can win with him..." "...we need to give him more weapons..." "...the OC isn't play calling to his strengths..." "... he can excel in the proper system..." 

I'd feel sorry for them if it wasn't the Patriots*.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, vincec said:

It was a borderline call. You don’t actually have to touch the guy to be “engaged” as long as you’re squared off with him and drawing his attention, but the defender was pretty much clear of Dawkins and saw Cook coming all the way so I don’t know…

Yeah, after leaving Saffold's hip Dawkins wasn't even set up in passpro yet when Cook cut him, which is why I thought they might be trying to call the reverse chop where somebody engages above the waist after the cut.

Either way, it just looked to me like an official looking for any excuse to justify his existence. 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

And Cook had the best YPC in the league coming into the game today for backs with 75+ carries.

And? 

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Part of it too is that now that the Pats* season is over, so are their practices, while the Bills will be practicing for as long as they're in the playoffs. I read an article several years back about how during the Patriots* two decades of dominance, just how many more practices they got over the other teams in the division. I wish I could remember how many that came out to, but it was a very large number. They add up, and that extended practice schedule really fosters continuity.

And of course, there's Josh Allen. No more QB controversies, or QB "competitions" wasting time in TC. I read the Pats* forums as well, and some of the arguments for, and against Mac & Cheese Jones are so reminiscent of Bills' QBs past-- "... we need to see what we have in him..." "... the jury is still out..." "... we can win with him..." "...we need to give him more weapons..." "...the OC isn't play calling to his strengths..." "... he can excel in the proper system..." 

I'd feel sorry for them if it wasn't the Patriots*.

I don’t think I’ll ever have less sympathy for an organization’s demise. I would say that about their fanbase too if I thought this was going to hurt them.  But like Yankee fans who constantly say “27,” they’ll wrap themselves in the comforting yet threadbare cloak of “six rings” for generations. That’s if they even stay Pats fans. 

Once again we played flat for long stretches, turned the ball over three times, and made everything look hard, yet scored 35 and won by two scores.

Huge credit to the Bills for getting through the game after the most emotional, life-or-death week any of them have been a part of.

Would love to have an easy game next week. Need one before the Bengals come to town. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

Seems like they might have to make a decision to put a young athletic Jaquan who likely will be out of position at times and make mistakes vs an old slug who has experience and should know where to go but not the athleticism to always get there

Jaquan is not athletic enough at all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.