NFL Week #18 - Patriots* @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, WideNine said:

I don't think Gabe's handle on the WR2 spot is that secure.

Not saying they shop him.

This is a patient coaching staff, BUT I would not be shocked if they target a WR in the draft that can push Gabe.

He needs a strong finish this season.

What do think about this staff showing different offensive looks featuring a really hot Cook, adding Beas and smoke?

Bills got a comfortable win, game was tight until late but the Bills pulled away despite a late turnover. All in all a bit uneven but the team won. A decent effort to go into the Miami playoff game. 2 seed clinched and no playing in KC not the worst outcome to the regular season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The cost of the gamble on that rookie WR is VERY high, though.  It's absolutely imperative that we use out high draft picks wisely now that the cap is super tight.  

Yeah I'm fine with them using the higher draft capital on OL, taking shots at WR in Day 2/3 and signing a reliable possession guy on the cheap.

• Like (+1) 1

This game like so many this season this team just feels like it’s stuck in the mud. I know all the stuff they’ve had to deal with but I can’t remember the last time we just came out for four quarters and played our game.  I understand the defense and the injuries but the offense just has been so darn streaky.    

Hopefully we put it all together for the playoffs.   I’d love to come out and just throttle the fish next week but I’m honestly a little nervous about playing a division opponent in the playoffs.  A repeat if the pats game from last year would really be neato.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, major said:

What time do you all think we play next weekend?

Just now, major said:

What time do you all think we play next weekend?

8:30 Saturday

Just now, balln said:

ed oliver really came to play. 1 tackle

aje was a joke. basham made tackles 7 yards down field

team isnt going anywhere with these JAGs. unless allen goes mvp mode for 4 games straight

Eff u!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

ed oliver really came to play. 1 tackle

aje was a joke. basham made tackles 7 yards down field

team isnt going anywhere with these JAGs. unless allen goes mvp mode for 4 games straight

Well said. Basham is non-existent, Espenesa is rarely seen and Oliver, overall, is a disappointment.

• Vomit 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

What do think about this staff showing different offensive looks featuring a really hot Cook, adding Beas and smoke?

I can envision Cook as that back you can easily motion to the slot. 

Nothing  against McKenzie and Bease, but I could see the Bills shifting to more Cook and Shakir in the slot as they learn the ropes.

They are both pretty sure handed and offer explosiveness from that position.

It takes time to learn to read NFL defenses/zones, but Cook vs most LBs and Safeties is a mismatch.

If Allen motions him and sees those kind of matchups it will likely be a money play.

Not sure they get there this year, but it is an option Dorsey could explore.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.