Mahomes vs Allen or Mahomes vs Burrow

Mikie2times

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I suggest Allen plays the game more like Cam than Ben and believe if he adjusted it would extend his career. 

you haven’t thought to consider that Allen is a top 5 QB because of the style he plays. The reckless don’t give a crap, do anything to win attitude? Take that away from him and he might only be a top 15 QB. What good is having a top 15 talent QB for 15 seasons? 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

The shoulder injury occurred behind the line of scrimmage on a pass attempt though, not a run. A short pass to Diggs. A single concussion in a 5 year span will have no impact on the length of his career. You're reaching here.

not reaching- you said all 3 occurred in pocket, that was a lie. 

you omitted the injury where he got a concussion diving into traffic running Cam style, the type of thing that can end careers- you omitted it. 

both support my point. ✌️ 

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

you haven’t thought to consider that Allen is a top 5 QB because of the style he plays. The reckless don’t give a crap, do anything to win attitude? Take that away from him and he might only be a top 15 QB. What good is having a top 15 talent QB for 15 seasons? 

you think allen can only be a top 5 qb if he plays recklessly? 

13 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

the shoulder was scrambling to throw. AKA picture perfect Big Ben play so your whole Big Ben argument is shot to pieces. Fact is all of Allen’s most serious injuries that would effect his ability to throw have been from plays where he was in fact throwing. 

I just don’t understand this fanhood poster. He’s basically hoping Allen has a short career at this point so he can be proven right for some sick reason. 

fair point. I don’t understand you two peas in a pod either. I was searching for interesting perspectives on a topic. It’s not in this exchange. 

25 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

you omitted the injury where he got a concussion diving into traffic running Cam style, the type of thing that can end careers- you omitted it. 

17 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

fair point. I don’t understand you two peas in a pod either. I was searching for interesting perspectives on a topic. It’s not in this exchange. 

interesting exchange on comparing Newton to Allen when Allen has been light years better than Newton? 

again Newton had one great year in an 11 year career. Allen had had three such years out of 5 seasons played.

your whole premise seems to be Allen needs to change or he will have the same career fate as Newton. You don’t realize that is impossible since Allen is already greater than Newton. 

25 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think it helps him tremendously yes. I could be wrong but I don’t think Allen will ever play the position like a point guard like Mahomes does distributing. 

Allen can probably play like Big Ben if he loses his ability to run but Big Ben was not a distributor like Mahomes either. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

1 concussion in a 5 year span is NOT going to have any effect on his career. None, you're reaching.  The other one I thought was in the pocket, it wasn't. But it also wasn't a run either and he took a check down on the play, it was a 8 yard pass. All keys to QB survival as laid out by you. On top of that it was a textbook Big Ben play. None of this supports your argument. Fail, fail, fail.

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

interesting exchange on comparing Newton to Allen when Allen has been light years better than Newton? 

again Newton had one great year in an 11 year career. Allen had had three such years out of 5 seasons played.

your whole premise seems to be Allen needs to change or he will have the same career fate as Newton. You don’t realize that is impossible since Allen is already greater than Newton. 

I think it helps him tremendously yes. I could be wrong but I don’t think Allen will ever play the position like a point guard like Mahomes does distributing. 

Allen can probably play like Big Ben if he loses his ability to run but Big Ben was not a distributor like Mahomes either. 

Don't waste your time, I've already brought up alot of this. He offers nothing up but opinions, no facts and it's a complete waste of time. His 2 comparisons don't even match reality. He was even trying to tell me Big Ben didn't take a ton of hits while try to buy extra time to hit big plays. It happened over and over again in his career. Defenders draped on him, taking big hits from other defenders while trying to buy time was his trademark for most of his career. Dude was literally famous for it.

17 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Fixed again

This is literally all you have. Nothing. Here's a Big Ben play that's almost exactly like Josh's separated shoulder play.

I actually offer proof, you not so much. Go ahead and chop this post up, like the others, to get it to say what you want. Cause that's all you got.😂😂😂😂

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

9 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

This is literally all you have. Nothing. Here's a Big Ben play that's almost exactly like Josh's separated shoulder play.

I actually offer proof, you not so much. Go ahead and chop this post up, like the others, to get it to say what you want. Cause that's all you got.😂😂😂😂

One video in a super bowl of Ben escaping the pocket proves that Allen can’t extend his career by taking less hits? 🙄 

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

One video in a super bowl of Ben escaping the pocket proves that Allen can’t extend his career by taking less hits? 🙄 

I'm not going to sift through 17 years of football.

After what happened to Damar. I told myself I wasn't going to get caught up in discussions like this. I was very tired yesterday and shouldn't have got caught up in it. It's just not worth it, we're both clearly big Bills fans and it's a brotherhood. We should be treating each other with more respect and with what Damar's gone through, that should be easy enough to do.

I end my side with this. I think for both of us, we hope Josh has long and very successful career that brings the title home to us, where it belongs. And that's really all it's about. GO BILLS!!

6 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I'm not going to sift through 17 years of football.

After what happened to Damar. I told myself I wasn't going to get caught up in discussions like this. I was very tired yesterday and shouldn't have got caught up in it. It's just not worth it, we're both clearly big Bills fans and it's a brotherhood. We should be treating each other with more respect and with what Damar's gone through, that should be easy enough to do.

I end my side with this. I think for both of us, we hope Josh has long and very successful career that brings the title home to us, where it belongs. And that's really all it's about. GO BILLS!!

High road it is… to be clear I hope Allen plays until he’s 50 if he wants to. go bilz

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:17 PM, KzooMike said:

The puppy thing is getting misunderstood. Puppies are amazing, incredible, aggressive, reckless, overexcited. Josh always seems to arrive back at this place at some point. He is 100x better than he was two years ago. 50x better than last year. Is he ever going to be like a Joe Burrow? No. If you actually watch that entire video, Joe B just doesn't care about football enough to piss on the carpet.

It matters, the dude is just cold blooded as a result of indifference and he gets the ball out as fast as anybody not named Brady. All we do is talk about Mahomes, once in awhile I hear about Herbert. I think the real threat is in southern Ohio. That is what this thread is about. 

I'm also sure as hell not saying I don't want Josh as my guy. He's our damn guy. Nobody on this forum even brings the Bengals up. 

Can’t argue that.  They sure looked like they were playing with extra juice on Monday because they’re sick of being underrated.  They probably felt they should have been everyone’s Super Bowl pick in the preseason and not us. I doubted them and figured last year was a fluke.  They’re legit and Burrow and those receivers are going to be a problem.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/7/2023 at 11:09 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

You watch Allen and Mahomes play and you instantly see and know why they are special QB's. You watch Burrow play and you don't know why he is so great but he is. 

He's great because he's very accurate and has possibly the best weapons in the league. 

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.