Bills Radio PBP Announcer John Murphy suffered a stroke last weekend

Big Turk

Obviously we don't know the extent of his stroke, but my dad had a stroke 10 years ago and you'd never know it. It all depends on the side affects suffered when the stroke happened, with the worst being similar to dick Clark after he had his. Hopefully murphs long term side affects are slim to none 

• Like (+1) 1

Chris Brown is going to continue to replace Murphy.

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Obviously we don't know the extent of his stroke, but my dad had a stroke 10 years ago and you'd never know it. It all depends on the side affects suffered when the stroke happened, with the worst being similar to dick Clark after he had his. Hopefully murphs long term side affects are slim to none 

Same with my brother-in-law. If they get TPA into you quickly then the damage can be very minimal.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Well...the worst thing would be death. Plenty of people die from strokes.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I feel guilty teasing him a couple weeks ago about his play-by-play abilities now :(

Get well soon, Murph.

Hopes and prayers John has a full recovery, but I do think it’s time to get a new voice of the team. 

Praying for Murph.   I know he is not in favor of a lot of people here but I love how he calls the games.  I love how he's a fan.  I like how he describes the plays as they are developing.   

I had the pleasure of meeting him back during training camp when the john murphy show was on the radio at 7pm, they did an onsite at a bar near camp.   SUch a great guy. 

Lord please help heal John and give him the strength to continue to get better 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.