Jess Pegula ♡ #3 at the Australian Open

Motorin'

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Jess Pegula plays her 2nd round match at the Aussie Open tonight (1/17) at 8:30pm ET.

http://www.espn.com/tennis/bracket?id=154&matchType=2&year=2023

Looks like ESPN2 will have Aussie Open coverage tonight:  https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/australian-open-tv-schedule-2023-espn-tennis/

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be), ESPN + has individual matches, so it's possible they would have Jessie's match.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jess Pegula rolls, 6-2, 7-6.

Next match is Thursday, 1/20 at midnight ET against an unseeded opponent yet to be determined.

@Motorin' - Would you mind changing the thread title to something like Jess Pegula Australian Open 2023, or something like that?  Thank you!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Motorin' changed the title to Jess Pegula ♡ #3 at the Australian Open
On 1/7/2023 at 10:40 AM, T master said:

Well they say the 3rd time is a charm could this be a good omen ?

Damar's number is 3 & he has over come his injury and looks that he will be back to himself - Jess has over come & beaten the over all #1 in tennis from the number 3 position & this year is the 3rd time the Bills have won the AFC east division so is the 3rd time a charm ?

If the Chiefs win this week there is a scenario that the Bills could be the #3 seed in the AFC heading into the play offs & they have beaten the Chiefs head to head this season so the Number 3 could be the charm the Bills are looking for !!

GO BILLS !!!! 

I like the way you threenk!

On 1/7/2023 at 9:10 PM, T master said:

Well they say the 3rd time is a charm could this be a good omen ?

Damar's number is 3 & he has over come his injury and looks that he will be back to himself - Jess has over come & beaten the over all #1 in tennis from the number 3 position & this year is the 3rd time the Bills have won the AFC east division so is the 3rd time a charm ?

If the Chiefs win this week there is a scenario that the Bills could be the #3 seed in the AFC heading into the play offs & they have beaten the Chiefs head to head this season so the Number 3 could be the charm the Bills are looking for !!

GO BILLS !!!! 

The Bills are #3 wins from winning the Lombardi.  Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1

Does anybody remember the Boxer from Buffalo, Baby Joe Messi?  He made a little bit of noise in the early 2000s but never went too far in his career.  But I remember he started using the nickname "The Third Buffalo Franchise"  it was at a time when both the Bills and Sabres were horrible so that drew a lot of punchlines 😄

But I'm thinking with the state of both organizations and how much success Jessie is having maybe it's time to bring back that moniker??  This time around feels much more fitting!  

Edited by BillsPride12

10 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Does anybody remember the Boxer from Buffalo, Bobby Joe Messi?  He made a little bit of noise in the early 2000s but never went too far in his career.  But I remember he started using the nickname "The Third Buffalo Franchise"  it was at a time when both the Bills and Sabres were horrible so that drew a lot of punchlines 😄

But I'm thinking with the state of both organizations and how much success Jessie is having maybe it's time to bring back that moniker??  This time around feels much more fitting!  

I just always remember him as Joe Messi.  Didn't know there was actually a Bobby in front of that.

The question I'd ask is how much of Jessica's life has actually been spent in Western NY.  I believe the Pegula's call Boca Raton home, likely Jessica would too. 

I did look her profile up, I see it does list Buffalo as her home town, but still question how much time was actually spent there.  Which does bring up the question, I wonder what state Terry is legally a resident of, where does he vote and pay state taxes in, or in the case of Florida not pay state taxes in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.