Clowney situation in Cleveland

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's wildly, wildly inaccurate, but ok. Clowney is an elite run defender. Watkins has never been considered elite at any aspect of WR at the NFL level.

I think he probably said that because Clowney is basically a Merc who has been on a bunch of teams if we’re looking for solid run support, we already have that in Shaq Lawson, and I understand that Epenesa and Booggz have not lived up to potential we do have cheaper options on the team and it’s all about spreading the money around to have a balance roster

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

People don't realize just how closely NFL personnel people follow recruiting........especially the road scout types like Doug Whaley.........I think that Cyrus Kouandjio and Sammy Watkins picks were heavily influenced by them being 5 star recruits from the same class as Clowney.    

Agree 100%. As much as I want the Bills to draft OL and like players from Alabama, right after that draft I said that Kouandjio was a wasted pick, and that there were 3 or4 better blockers on Alabama alone that season. He also had a fairly serious injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

Depending on his out put this year & if he is completely healthy i could see Beane in from top his caldron stirring up a scenario where he could bring him in for pass rush situations if the money was REALLY CHEAP & only for a play off run nothing at all beyond that if they had the extra cash & didn't have to release someone else to do it .

But i for one am not a fan i was when he came out i thought he would be a really great player but has in no way lived up to that hype !! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.