Potential decision made for Championship Game location

Ra-cha-cha

2 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Rumor heard at the game - neutral site game could be played in Ann Arbor.  Biggest stadium in the country.

Only slightly bigger [1,029 seats] than Beaver Stadium at Penn State.  I'm sure the Bills owner could make Penn State happen.

Now that we have the results of this weekends game I can’t help but think a much better alternative to what was proposed would be that if the Bills and Cincinnati meet up in the divisional round if should’ve been at a neutral site and if the Bills win the Chiefs come to Buffalo and if the Bengals wins they goto Arrowhead. 

This proposal make a lot more sense than what is currently out there. The Bengals wouldn’t feel as screwed and the Chiefs would have the bye but would have to play in Buffalo considering that the Bills where screwed out of controlling their own destiny if they make the AFC championship. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Not in the playoffs they didn't.

I get it; it’s better to only have to win two games to get to the Super Bowl, but the Bengals and Bills did have a mini bye, saving themselves some wear and tear.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

Now that we have the results of this weekends game I can’t help but think a much better alternative to what was proposed would be that if the Bills and Cincinnati meet up in the divisional round if should’ve been at a neutral site and if the Bills win the Chiefs come to Buffalo and if the Bengals wins they goto Arrowhead. 

This proposal make a lot more sense than what is currently out there. The Bengals wouldn’t feel as screwed and the Chiefs would have the bye but would have to play in Buffalo considering that the Bills where screwed out of controlling their own destiny if they make the AFC championship. 

Huh? 14-3 vs 13-3. KC has the better record.

The NFL already bent backwards on a tough situation and are helping the Bills out. It's hard to take the homer blinders off I know.

43 minutes ago, mannc said:

I get it; it’s better to only have to win two games to get to the Super Bowl, but the Bengals and Bills did have a mini bye, saving themselves some wear and tear.

The Bills (and the Bengals to an extent) were under severe mental stress this week.  I would hardly call it the same thing as a bye.

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

The Bills (and the Bengals to an extent) were under severe mental stress this week.  I would hardly call it the same thing as a bye.

Like I said, it's not as good as an actual bye, but the bodies of players on both teams were spared about 50 minutes of high-intensity NFL football.  That's worth something.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

Huh? 14-3 vs 13-3. KC has the better record.

The NFL already bent backwards on a tough situation and are helping the Bills out. It's hard to take the homer blinders off I know.

I’m not sure I understand your logic here. Yes KC has the better record but they would’ve been the 2 seed if Buffalo beat Cincinnati, Cincinnati would have been the 2 if they beat Buffalo. That’s why instead of the Bills KC game being on a neutral site it makes more sense that the Bills/Cincinnati game is neutral and if the Bills won you can justify that they beat the Bengals thus giving them the one seed and KC would have to travel to us. KC gets the bye since at the end of the season they are 14-3 while we are 13-3. We would overtake the 1 seed if we were to beat Cincinnati (15-3 and KC being 15-3 with us having the H2H).

It’s too late to make any changes now but IMO this would have been most fair. 

Edited by billvernsays
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Mentally I agree, but physically their bodies pretty much had a bye week. Need proof, Josh throwing deep yesterday, something that hasn't happened in almost 2 months. Not only that he was making it look effortless again on Smoke's td and the ball on Digg's td went 57 yards on the air while throwing flat footed due to the pass rush coming up the middle. Both were just a flick of the wrist. The deep pass to Davis with 3:47 to go was perfect and again he was on the run, went about 52 yards in the air and just a flick of the wrist again.

Unfortunately our #2 WR continues to drop passes that hit him right in the hands. Imo this offseason he needs to not worry so much about how big his muscles are and instead devote all his time to route running and a jugs machine.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Mentally I agree, but physically their bodies pretty much had a bye week. Need proof, Josh throwing deep yesterday, something that hasn't happened in almost 2 months. Not only that he was making it look effortless again on Smoke's td and the ball on Digg's td went 57 yards on the air while throwing flat footed due to the pass rush coming up the middle. Both were just a flick of the wrist. The deep pass to Davis with 3:47 to go was perfect and again he was on the run, went about 52 yards in the air and just a flick of the wrist again.

Unfortunately our #2 WR continues to drop passes that hit him right in the hands. Imo this offseason he needs to not worry so much about how big his muscles are and instead devote all his time to route running and a jugs machine.

You're certainly 110% correct there. Davis is the biggest disappointment of this season IMO.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

You and I must have seen different videos of him then. Virtually every video I saw was of him catching passes 

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

You and I must have seen different videos of him then. Virtually every video I saw was of him catching passes 

Didn't need to see videos, he clearly gained a ton of muscle and showed up to training camp jacked. Judging by the results this year, my guess is the 5 or 6 minutes of video you're referring to was all the time he spent catching passes. If not it was a complete waste of time on his part.

27 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

I’m not sure I understand your logic here. Yes KC has the better record but they would’ve been the 2 seed if Buffalo beat Cincinnati, Cincinnati would have been the 2 if they beat Buffalo. That’s why instead of the Bills KC game being on a neutral site it makes more sense that the Bills/Cincinnati game is neutral and if the Bills won you can justify that they beat the Bengals thus giving them the one seed and KC would have to travel to us. KC gets the bye since at the end of the season they are 14-3 while we are 13-3. We would overtake the 1 seed if we were to beat Cincinnati (15-3 and KC being 15-3 with us having the H2H).

It’s too late to make any changes now but IMO this would have been most fair. 

The logic is that the NFL cancelled BUF/ CIN. It never happened. They weren’t going to deal with ifs, buts , candy or nuts when it came to those teams. The records were what they were : the Bills had one more win. Now, when it comes to the Chiefs , the Bills had a chance to maintain their claim to the 1 seed regardless of what KC did. That was denied them by the cancellation. The Bengals would have needed a KC loss. To remedy the Bills situation somewhat , the neutral site AFCC game provision was adopted. It was provided for CIN as well but only if KC lost. This was more sensible than coming up with every scenario possible IF BUF/ CIN would have been played . It was simply cancelled and they washed their hands of it . Makes perfect sense to me. 

I'm starting to think Miami.  Behind closed doors the league may say in exchange for Tua not playing they will award the neutral game to them. 

Easy to get to, nice weather, but they can still claim elements with no dome.  Would be a sell out as both cities/teams would enjoy the road trip.  And KC vs Buff in nice weather should be an offensive explosion which wouldn't hurt.

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I'm starting to think Miami.  Behind closed doors the league may say in exchange for Tua not playing they will award the neutral game to them. 

Easy to get to, nice weather, but they can still claim elements with no dome.  Would be a sell out as both cities/teams would enjoy the road trip.  And KC vs Buff in nice weather should be an offensive explosion which wouldn't hurt.

that’s a conspiracy theory!  

I’m thinking something in driving distance from both teams.  Cincy would be good, but not sure Cincy would want the game as it means they are out.  

6 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

No doubt... Indy would have been the perfect equidistant place but of course that fell through. I'm ready to buy a ticket if they play in Pittsburgh or Cleveland.

I’ll be there also.  That is basically a home game given the proximity to Buffalo and the number of Bills fans in Pgh (there are quite a few here)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.