Potential decision made for Championship Game location

Ra-cha-cha

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Nashville is the obvious choice. Bills fans always turn out there.

I wonder if this is actually an option. From what I've heard, one of the best fan friendly stadiums in the country. Never got to see a game there during my time in the South, but damn, such a cool and fun city.

As for the weather, with things as wacky as they are now it's equally likely to be 15 degrees or 55 degrees.

I would think they would be looking at equal distance locations and teams out of the playoffs, so after this week it would be more clear where that would be.  Tenn makes sense for accommodations being readily available.  I’m rooting for Carolina (so it’s easy for me to go 😜) I would think Houston might be good too.

With Indy and Detroit out, Atlanta becomes the best location.  It’s neutral, an NFC city, indoors, easy to get to, time zone friendly and seems available.  New Orleans maybe?  They could play outdoors, potentially in AZ, but that seems like a more difficult road.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Buffalo and KC are nearly the exact same distance from Indy.

Moot point now, but I was referring to the St. Louis / eastern MO fan base that is 4 or 5 hours closer to Indy.  Most football fans in that area drifted to the Chiefs between the Cardinals’ and Rams’ tenure, and again after the Rams left.  St. Louis wants nothing to do with those franchises in their new cities and Chicago just isn’t an option.  We don’t have that kind of fan base beyond about Erie (although we do have expats everywhere). 

31 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Since Indy seems to be out, how about right nearby at Notre Dame Stadium? The Fighting Irish / Bills fan that is me would freak. Capacity 77,622.

I was on Page 1 here suggesting a college stadium.. Happy Valley or Ann Arbour. ( I might accept Notre Dame)

Anybody here remember the NHL Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium?? Big crowd and special atmosphere!! Could be even bigger!!

cut.jpg

Edited by HerdMentality
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.