Potential decision made for Championship Game location

Ra-cha-cha

13 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

This helps visualize it. 

so of the possible outcomes - and taking game probabilities entirely out of the equation - the Chiefs get the 1 seed 75% of the time and the Bills get it 25%.  Bills get 50% of the 2 seed possibilities with the other two teams getting 25% each. Bengals get the 3 seed 75% of the time and Bills 25%.  Chiefs can’t get the 3, Bengals can’t get the 1, we can land anywhere between 1-3.  A KC-Buffalo AFCCG is 50% likely to be at a neutral site, with Buffalo and KC having a 25% chance each of hosting.  And KC is 87.5% likely to host a KC-Cincinnati AFCCG.  Again, this doesn’t account for the actual game outcome probabilities.  

Bengals really don’t have a lot to complain about.  They have more losses than either of the other two teams.  If they were 12-3 instead of 11-4, this chart would look different.  They can talk all day about how the first nine minutes of Monday’s game looked, but that doesn’t matter and I’m glad the NFL agreed.  We were hurt too - we no longer control our own destiny.  Tough to find a situation where KC has a right to complain, given that they got waxed by both of the other teams and will not have to play a true road game (again). 

I’m okay with it.  

8 hours ago, DieHardFan said:

This is total BS! 

I paid my Season Ticket bribe for 32 years to keep my senority through some pretty lean years for the RIGHT to (pay for ) and have ownership of MY SEATS for the playoffs. 2020 and the COVID reshuffling was bad enough (choose a sure thing or give it up to bet on an uncertain game). Fortunately I was able to reach a trade with a fellow STH and make both but NO THANKS TO THE NFL!

Now the NFL will make sure every kardashian, two-bit celebrity, and has been NFL player gets a seat and it at best it will be another lottery to get what should be mine. 

And since it was conveniently omitted, I await another reeming when it comes to a bye for the #1 seed.

Screw you NFL!

Dude this is an uprecedented situation, be thankful Hamlin is alive

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Dude this is an uprecedented situation, be thankful Hamlin is alive

Pretty sure that person was whining a couple weeks ago in another thread about not being able to get any “extra” playoff tickets when they went on sale to season ticket members. Seems to be a reoccurring theme. 

What is interesting to me is if Buffalo wins this week and KC loses, the Bills will get the one seed and get the bye and home field advantage?  This seems unfair to KC becuase the unequal game thing is still in affect and if it was played, it is possible KC could have gotten the one seed outright.  I dont think they listed all the possibilities. 

10 hours ago, DieHardFan said:

This is total BS! 

I paid my Season Ticket bribe for 32 years to keep my senority through some pretty lean years for the RIGHT to (pay for ) and have ownership of MY SEATS for the playoffs. 2020 and the COVID reshuffling was bad enough (choose a sure thing or give it up to bet on an uncertain game). Fortunately I was able to reach a trade with a fellow STH and make both but NO THANKS TO THE NFL!

Now the NFL will make sure every kardashian, two-bit celebrity, and has been NFL player gets a seat and it at best it will be another lottery to get what should be mine. 

And since it was conveniently omitted, I await another reeming when it comes to a bye for the #1 seed.

Screw you NFL!

Did they say how they will sell seats for the neutral site game?  It is possible they will give the option to season ticket holders.  While I understand your frustration, do  you not see there is no ideal solution here?  It is at a neutral site because home field was not fully determined, it could have gone either way including the Bills not having it meaning you would have to go to KC.

10 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

PLEASE no neutral site in Detroit.  That would be awful. 

Just heard on SiriusXM 88 that it might be in Indy which is fine with me. 

I don't like Indy simply because it's proximity to Missouri.  Yes, I understand Kansas City is the same miles difference to Indy than Buffalo, but what people are not getting is the entire state are huge KC fans.  I spent my high school years in Missouri, and there were very rare Rams fans back then.  Everybody were KC red.  West of Indianapolis are rabid Chiefs fans.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

What is interesting to me is if Buffalo wins this week and KC loses, the Bills will get the one seed and get the bye and home field advantage?  This seems unfair to KC becuase the unequal game thing is still in affect and if it was played, it is possible KC could have gotten the one seed outright.  I dont think they listed all the possibilities. 

Did they say how they will sell seats for the neutral site game?  It is possible they will give the option to season ticket holders.  While I understand your frustration, do  you not see there is no ideal solution here?  It is at a neutral site because home field was not fully determined, it could have gone either way including the Bills not having it meaning you would have to go to KC.

How would it be unfair?  If KC loses and Buffalo wins, then KC finishes the season 13-4 and Buffalo finishes 13-3.  KC has more losses and are behind in literally every tiebreaker possible.  They could "play" the Bills/Bengals game, start the game and run the clock out to a 0-0 tie and Buffalo would still finish ahead of them.

6 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Even if we lost to Cincinatti, a KC loss to the Raiders would have given us the #1 seed over KC (equal losses, tiebreaker for us head to head). Cincinatti would have an issue since cancelling our game gives them no chance at the #1 seed. I think I have that right, but my brain don't work too good 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

How would it be unfair?  If KC loses and Buffalo wins, then KC finishes the season 13-4 and Buffalo finishes 13-3.  KC has more losses and are behind in literally every tiebreaker possible.  They could "play" the Bills/Bengals game, start the game and run the clock out to a 0-0 tie and Buffalo would still finish ahead of them.

Oh the tiebreaker....that is what I was missing, thanks

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Does anyone know if we are the 2 and the Bengals the 3, if we play each other in the Divisional round, is that neutral? Or is that just the championship game?

We would be the 2.  Buffalo is currently 12-3 and Cincinnati is currently 11-4.  Buffalo has the better record.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.