Updated scenario for scheduling to be voted on Friday

The 9 Isles

This is not a good solution. So Buffalo and Cinci win in the wildcard and then Cinci has to come to Buffalo? Not fair to them. And KC, who lost to Buf and Cinci, is the #1 seed and gets a bye? Dumb

The correct solution was 8 teams, no byes, any games between KC-Buf-Cin takes place at neutral site. Simple. None of this if this happens then this or that. Too confusing and not fair

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

This is not a good solution. So Buffalo and Cinci win in the wildcard and then Cinci has to come to Buffalo? Not fair to them. And KC, who lost to Buf and Cinci, is the #1 seed and gets a bye? Dumb

The correct solution was 8 teams, no byes, any games between KC-Buf-Cin takes place at neutral site. Simple. None of this if this happens then this or that. Too confusing and not fair

Cinci could have avoided this by coming into the Bills game with the same number of losses as the Bills, but they had more

7 minutes ago, arcane said:

Cinci could have avoided this by coming into the Bills game with the same number of losses as the Bills, but they had more

And Bills went into the game as the #1 seed and left as the #2 seed. So this hurts Cinci and Buffalo and KC comes out on top. The correct thing to do is add an 8th playoff team and nobody gets a bye.

18 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Going into week 17 bills were ahead of Cincinnati in the standings. The chiefs were not ahead of us. It's completely different. 

If Cincinnati wanted the 2 seed they should have done better in their first 15 games. 

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Going into week 17 bills were ahead of Cincinnati in the standings. The chiefs were not ahead of us. It's completely different. 

If Cincinnati wanted the 2 seed they should have done better in their first 15 games. 

Right, the Chiefs were not ahead of us. And now they are. They are the only ones that win in this scenario and it's punishing the 2 teams that had to go through this terrible ordeal. Just add 1 playoff team, I'm not sure why that would not be the ideal solution

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Right, the Chiefs were not ahead of us. And now they are. They are the only ones that win in this scenario and it's punishing the 2 teams that had to go through this terrible ordeal. Just add 1 playoff team, I'm not sure why that would not be the ideal solution

Adding an extra team screws teams that made some IR choices, QB choices etc, thinking they were done...if 8 was on the table last week, the Raiders, Jets, Titans, Ravens ALL may well have done A WHOLE lot of things differently.  

• Agree 1

Something of note...the NFL does have rules in place for this.  In a no contest, you go with win pct and the chips fall where they fall.  That is the current rule. 

The owners are now going to get together on Friday and vote to CHANGE the rules in season.  That is the reason for the vote.  If they were just using the rules in place, you'd have no contest, win pct, and that's it.

I am NOT arguing that is fair, right, what should or shouldn't happen, but I am pointing out that the NFL is considering a rule change on the fly for this.  

Obviously, I think all of us wish the Bengals/Bills game could be concluded so there would be no question of who should or shouldn't get what.  No one wants an asterik next to their team name in the event they win a super bowl.  

At any rate, it will require 24 votes from the owners to pass any rule change on Friday.  My guess is they probably have the votes to pass it or they wouln't be putting the options forward...but I would imagine KC, Cincy, may or may not resist and try and find 7 other teams to vote along with them.  

23 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

What ifff… Chiefs 14-3, Bills 13-3,

Bengals 12-4

KC gets the bye as the 1 seed, but Buffalo Hosts the AFCCG because they kicked their ass earlier in the year, and are gonna kick their asses again in late Jan. 

How bout that?

We won by four.  Relax.  LOL.  We can still host them if they by some miracle lose to the Raiders this Saturday.  Go Stidham.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JJGauna said:

Why are people so quick to dismiss the Raiders? Stidham torched one of the top defenses in the league last week. They have a legit shot against KC.

I don’t put much into out of conference games.  

They usually can be wild - think Minnesota v Buffalo or Rams v Buffalo or Bengals v Bucs

Division games different animal and I expect the Chiefs to dismantle this team.   

The Raiders D is so freaking bad.  

27 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

KC gets the bye as the 1 seed, but Buffalo Hosts the AFCCG because they kicked their ass earlier in the year, and are gonna kick their asses again in late Jan.

My god, that game seems like a lifetime ago.

10 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

At any rate, it will require 24 votes from the owners to pass any rule change on Friday.  My guess is they probably have the votes to pass it or they wouln't be putting the options forward...but I would imagine KC, Cincy, may or may not resist and try and find 7 other teams to vote along with them.  

I guess they should just put up a vote for AFC winning percentage to determine the seeding then.

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1611216418233614336?s=20&t=Mj3hkyrx6NP2LEqHxzB5Lg

....they wouldn't need a vote at all.  that's already the rule that's in place.  

That's overall win percentage if I'm reading it correctly.  The last thing NFL owners want is to vote against a new rule proposal that would be viewed as unfair to a team whose player almost died on the field.  Not great optics.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.