Tank the Pats game?

WIDE LEFT

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

We are healthier now then we've been since the early part of the season.  And you're dreaming if you think Baltimore will beat Cincy tomorrow.

Serious question - are you a Bills fan?  I'm asking because there is nothing to gain if you rest players and we lose to NE. And I don't see us beating NE if we rest Allen and other key players.  Given what we stand to lose (a 2nd round home playoff game & a neutral site Championship game) it's insane to advocate that the Bills rest players tomorrow.

Uh-oh, the old "are you even a fan" question.  Yep, been a fan for 35 years.  Are you a Bills fan?  Serious question.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Do you really expect Cincy to lose to the Ravens with Huntley at QB?

Expect?  Not sure.  Baltimore is an extremely well-coached team.  Obviously a huge drop off with Huntley, but it's a division game.  Who knows.  How much money are you putting on Cincy to win?

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Expect?  Not sure.  Baltimore is an extremely well-coached team.  Obviously a huge drop off with Huntley, but it's a division game.  Who knows.  How much money are you putting on Cincy to win?

I don't bet on anything.  The game is in Cincy and they are playing with a huge chip on their shoulders feeling they got the short end of the stick with the playoff rule changes.

14 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I can't imagine why any Bills fan would advocate resting players and potentially not beating NE.  I can see why NE fans would advocate this approach.

while I agree we need to beat the patriots tomorrow, none of those reasons why we need to beat them has anything to do with our future wild card match up. Because that wild card game is the one and only reason why I would consider resting players. I would rather play the talentless Patriots every time over a team that has proven they can hang with the Bills in the Dolphins. 

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

while I agree we need to beat the patriots tomorrow, none of those reasons why we need to beat them has anything to do with our future wild card match up. Because that wild card game is the one and only reason why I would consider resting players. I would rather play the talentless Patriots every time over a team that has proven they can hang with the Bills in the Dolphins. 

But if we lose and Cincy wins, we are the 3 seed and would not play the Pats.  

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I don't bet on anything.  The game is in Cincy and they are playing with a huge chip on their shoulders feeling they got the short end of the stick with the playoff rule changes.

Right, but that's my point.  If it's such a sure thing, you should bet a ton of money on it.  Which people probably won't...because anything can happen.  All I'm saying is, injuries/attrition/wear and tear are huge issues with this team right now (even if we are currently more healthy than we've been), one injury to any key player and we are probably screwed as we have no depth anymore.  I think without the bye week, resting some guys tomorrow is probably more valuable than being the 2 seed vs. the 3 seed.

3 minutes ago, galept said:

Nothing like a loss going into playoffs to lift everyone's spirits and build momentum.

Play to win, and play hard. Do not mess with the mojo.

What mojo?

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The road to the Super Bowl is a lot tougher if it's through first Cincinnati and then KC.  A win tomorrow and we avoid both scenarios.

• Agree 5

4 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

But if we lose and Cincy wins, we are the 3 seed and would not play the Pats.  

you are correct. Likely cincy would win.

however I think I would still prefer a date with Baltimore over Miami in that scenario as well. Assuming Tua is playing for Miami. Just too much speed at wr and rb on that Miami team. But that is a close one because I think the Ravens do have the much better defense.

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Right, but that's my point.  If it's such a sure thing, you should bet a ton of money on it.  Which people probably won't...because anything can happen.  All I'm saying is, injuries/attrition/wear and tear are huge issues with this team right now (even if we are currently more healthy than we've been), one injury to any key player and we are probably screwed as we have no depth anymore.  I think without the bye week, resting some guys tomorrow is probably more valuable than being the 2 seed vs. the 3 seed.

The Bills have no control over what happens in the Cincy game.  They control only their game and their play.  You don't want to risk injury but those same injuries can happen any time...like the first quarter of a playoff game.  I think the Bills would rather have the 2 seed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The road to the Super Bowl is a lot tougher if it's through first Cincinnati and then KC.  A win tomorrow and we avoid both scenarios.

I agree just giving you the one reason to consider it. I really don’t want anything to do with Miami in the wild card if Tua is playing. Patriots would be a dream scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

you are correct. Likely cincy would win.

however I think I would still prefer a date with Baltimore over Miami in that scenario as well. Assuming Tua is playing for Miami. Just too much speed at wr and rb on that Miami team. But that is a close one because I think the Ravens do have the much better defense.

I don't think we're going to see Tua.  However they do expect Lamar Jackson back for the wildcard game.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Uh-oh, the old "are you even a fan" question.  Yep, been a fan for 35 years.  Are you a Bills fan?  Serious question.

I'm not being a jerk here.  I'm truly astounded that a Bills fan would advocate resting players tomorrow and risk falling to a three seed.  I see NO advantage to this at all.  The path to the Super Bowl as a 3 seed is much more difficult then as a 2 seed.  IMO the week of rest doesn't come close to compensating for falling to the 3rd seed.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, galept said:

Nothing like a loss going into playoffs to lift everyone's spirits and build momentum.

Agreed if we don't play tomorrow it'll be like 3 week break between games.  Need to get on our A game and momentum heading into playoffs

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If Tua isn’t back then sign me up for Miami. I think he will be back though.

I think Tua may be done for the year.  They're not even giving updates about his recent concussion.  They talk about Bridgewater and Thompson.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, galept said:

Didn’t the nfl decide not finish the bengals game because of bad mojo?  You may not realize yet but this season has completely off the rails. We need to mess with the mojo to get back on track.  Mojo isn’t even real anyways, it’s a magical power.  Lol

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.