Tank the Pats game?

WIDE LEFT

Not completely serious here but this does provide an interesting scenario. Assume the NFL is just going to cancel Bills/Bengals game. Assume KC  beats Raiders on Saturday. This would make Bills v Pats meaningless. If Bills lose, they still get 2nd seed; they would still have the  same 8-3 conference record as Bengals, but we win the second tie breaker, record against common opponents (Bills 8-3, Bengals 7-3). So a loss to Pats is meaningless - rest starters?  This would guarantee a 1st round playoff matchup against Pats. I have no problem with that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

If Bills lose and Cinci wins then Bills would be 3 seed

Bearing in mind too that one of the rumours is home field advantage will be negated if it involves teams whose seed placing has been affected by Monday's events. If the Chiefs win (14-3) and the Bills lose (12-4), then Monday's game wouldn't matter - we'd still finish below them in the placings even if the game had been played and we had beaten the Bengals. Which would possibly mean a trip to Arrowhead? Obviously, if the Bengals win and we lose they'd jump us to second seed (12-4) though the home field advantage could be waived in that scenario.

Even if they have nothing to play for Sunday (seed wise) i think it's Abad idea to rest starters. This team barely played Monday night and to rest everybody this coming Sunday would make for an awful long time between games. I think if anything this team needs to play Sunday to prepare for the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

If the game is actually meaningless, then yeah sure rest as many starters as you can.  Allen doesn't need to be playing a game just for practice.  This would be SOP for any team in that situation.

I think it is impossible for it to be meaningless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think the Bills will go up by 5 scores, THEN rest people.

F*ck the Patriots.  McDermott isn't handing Belichick a win under any circumstance.  F*ck them.

I must be growing soft, but Pats fans lately have been really supportive of the Bills (and I'm not even talking about the Damar situation).

Even discussing Lamar, I saw a lot of Pats fans responding on Twitter that they'd love to see Bills win a SB just to see Hamlin holding a Lombardi Trophy. Got me right in the feels! 

Coupled with hearing so many of them praise Josh & say they wish he was their QB, I definitely don't hate them as much as I used to 😆

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.