Annual “Black Monday” - (Insert NFL Coach’s Name) has been released - Thread

BuffaloBill

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

How will that help Justin Fields?  And at any rate, the Bears still could get Anderson with the 4th pick…

Already said #4 was about as much sense as I could make from moving down. :thumbsup: I don't think he makes it to #4 though, not unless he bombs the athletic testing (which he won't) or something pops up on the medicals. He would end up with the highlighted team below:

image.thumb.png.185929806b907e78b4bdf755ed035ec6.png

31 minutes ago, H2o said:

Already said #4 was about as much sense as I could make from moving down. :thumbsup: I don't think he makes it to #4 though, not unless he bombs the athletic testing (which he won't) or something pops up on the medicals. He would end up with the highlighted team below:

image.thumb.png.185929806b907e78b4bdf755ed035ec6.png

Jalen Carter would be a reasonable consolation prize.

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yeah too bad he wasnt able to get a talent like Mahomes and had to go against guys like Jarrett Stidham, Treyvone boykins and Baker Mayfield 

Too bad it takes more than just a QB to win in college? There’s 120 kids on a roster

Yeah he had a good quarterback… And then not much for 119 kids

Oklahoma’s roster 1 through 120 is much better than Texas techs… TCU roster 1-120 much better 

kingsbury has 8 players drafted in 6 years ..TCU had 15

That trash Baker Mayfield who has the highest efficiency in college football history… In the same time kingsbury sent 6 to the NFL

OU sent 31… 6<31

That’s why he didn’t win

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Too bad it takes more than just a QB to win in college? There’s 120 kids on a roster

Yeah he had a good quarterback… And then not much for 119 kids

Oklahoma’s roster 1 through 120 is much better than Texas techs… TCU roster 1-120 much better 

kingsbury has 8 players drafted in 6 years ..TCU had 15

That trash Baker Mayfield who has the highest efficiency in college football history… In the same time kingsbury sent 6 to the NFL

OU sent 31… 6<31

That’s why he didn’t win

Hes not a great coach. That has been demonstrated. Blame it on whatever you would like 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Hes not a great coach. That has been demonstrated. Blame it on whatever you would like 

Don’t think I ever said he was a great coach … not once? 

I said it’s easier for any team … College or pro’s… To hire a guy on the rise and not a retread

It’s easier to sell to your fans

But all I did was prove that it is very hard to win at Texas Tech compared to other big 12 schools… Because they don’t recruit well

It’s all about situation’s in football

Baker Mayfield was on that Texas tech team… Texas Tech wasn’t gonna win 12 games or a Heisman with Baker Mayfield… Just like they didnt with Mahomes

But Baker goes to a good school and wins every award possible while winning 11-12 games a year

Because Oklahoma has a lot of NFL talent… And tech doesn’t … At the end of the day that is the difference

Tech is no powerhouse 

Mike leach is a wizard for what he did

Edited by Buffalo716

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

I would want nothing to do with that job.  Watt leaving, Murray is a man-child with a dumb contract, just a team built for one goal that will pry need to be torn down to make room for any other system.  They really put all their eggs in the Kingsbury/Murray basket

Cliff walks away with 30 mil$ , so someone will grab their shot at the lottery.   Unbelievable how much money losing coaches walk away with !  I wonder if any  owner ever has the Ba$$s to go back in time with a new or young coach , and offer them the chance to earn that type of money based on winning and culture development. What incentive do these young coaches have to actual,y develop a long term strategy when example after example  has losing coaches walking away with guaranteed generational wealth. Another example of how rare Mcd / Beane are and how fortunate Buffalo is to have found a true gem.   Cliffy will be partying in the pool now , free of the drama he created, and posting his sorrows on Instagram !  

The owners I guess don’t worry as the NFL keeps printing money , but it sure would be a story to follow if they reset this ridiculous coaching market.  All that money; Cliffy, Murray, oft injured wr man hopkins, steroid bro JJ watt , all.for how many wins?  Seems ridiculous when you look at it from the outside. 😊. It’s fun watching the old NFL days on YouTube when teams like the Steelers were assembled in the 60’s/ 70’s and it seemed like they played because they enjoyed football in those days ; not to collect their “ bag”. 

Lefleur should be fired.

Between the Packers player walking in between the lines of scrimmage during the FG attempt and grabbing the ball from the center, and later another couple of players shoving Lions training staff it's like they were all on something.

Totally out of control team that wasted some of the best seasons of Rodgers career 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, That&#x27;s No Moon said:

How many years in a row has he promised a thorough review of the team? 3?

Feel free to have a completely incompetent offense Bill. None of us mind. Matt Patricia for life.

How long until we can sign Dugger away from them?

Good.  Let Kraft keep that dinosaur forever.  That team is not going to get better until they blow it up and start getting some good draft picks with a GM that is worth his salt.

Belichick 2023 process - hire Bill O'Brien back to be his OC again.  Process complete.

8 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

So, 2 seasons of Hard Knocks-In Season and 2 head coaches fired.  Nobody is going to want to do that show in the future.

This season with Arizona also featured a lot of GM Heim, who’s on personal leave but they’re saying he’s likely not invited back.  

12 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I musta missed these.  What were they?

My bad. I could have been more clear. I was referencing his post game comments about not knowing they could be eliminated from post season play after the loss to CLE

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Does anyone think this is a good idea? (Giving Murray significant input into the next head coach selection - not just “talk to these guys, give us your impressions” but input?)

4 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I'm glad to hear that Kliff will now be able to spend his time solely focusing on his abs.

To be fair, he might focus on his wife too, or is she his GF?

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Lefleur should be fired.

Between the Packers player walking in between the lines of scrimmage during the FG attempt and grabbing the ball from the center, and later another couple of players shoving Lions training staff it's like they were all on something.

Totally out of control team that wasted some of the best seasons of Rodgers career 

What the hell was that about, can anyone explain to me?

I can’t blame LaFleur for having a player who can’t control himself when he’s triggered…these guys are all walking a fine line with control.  We’ve had 2 players here who struggled with it during their careers, Incognito and Jerry Hughes.  

Edited by Beck Water

12 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Lefleur should be fired.

He will be gone after next year. Rodgers will force his way out and the team will go 4-13 without him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.