Annual “Black Monday” - (Insert NFL Coach’s Name) has been released - Thread

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

I think Smith knew he was out either before or during the game yesterday.  That win was some cold as ice corporate sabotage.  

Why?? The Texans still have a shot at either Stroud or Young. Think Chicago need a QB? Is there a team that has the draft capital to move to #1 other than the Texans? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It's going to take a Greg Roman type, with an offense that is designed around the QB as a weapon both running and in the RPO game. And someone like Roman who would take the job. 

I think Kyler Murray the person is the biggest thing in the way of his success. So many reports of him being lazy. Greg Roman won't fix that. 

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I would not want that Cardinals job. Crappy team and ownership.

11 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

And handcuffed to a mediocre QB

Worst part is he was mediocre when they signed him to that huge contract.  He was still mediocre when he injured his knee.  Now I'm sure the franchise is hoping he can come back by the middle of next year and not be worse than mediocre.  What a mess of their own making.

I would want nothing to do with that job.  Watt leaving, Murray is a man-child with a dumb contract, just a team built for one goal that will pry need to be torn down to make room for any other system.  They really put all their eggs in the Kingsbury/Murray basket

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think Kyler Murray the person is the biggest thing in the way of his success. So many reports of him being lazy. Greg Roman won't fix that. 

Yeah I am not a fan. Not sure where they go from here with the contract. I hate small QBs but he can be electric if he every gets it straight. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I am not a fan. Not sure where they go from here with the contract. I hate small QBs but he can be electric if he every gets it straight. 

I have no real opinion on KK. Arizona has huge money tied up in Murray so of course they are going to go find another solution and hope their investment pays off. But I think it is largely a structural problem from the top down. They need to clear house. The next person will likely get the cane too once they can afford to drop Kyler. He carries $97M in dead cap space right now. 

I think of Miami as the same. McDaniels has done an OK job overall. But the Tua/concussion issues are a total disaster. Which I think falls on everybody in the building and goes all the way up to the league. McDaniel's isn't the only problem there. 

17 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why?? The Texans still have a shot at either Stroud or Young. Think Chicago need a QB? Is there a team that has the draft capital to move to #1 other than the Texans? 

Corporate mindset:  "He devalued *our* asset!"

#1 pick is worth 3,000 points.  The #2 pick is 2,600.  

Chicago could always trade out to a competitor who really wants a QB like the Colts who sit at #4.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Joe Wood DC in Cleveland fired at 6:30 AM. Media here are saying he is just a scapegoat for a dysfunctional organization. They are still piling on Stefanski but he may yet survive. 

3 years in a row Joe Woods would play zone coverage nonstop while Cleveland's corners excel in man to man.  He always would switch with like 5 games left and the defense would improve tremendously.  I don't fully blame him for the run defense though because he was saddled with crap DTs.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Playing the game to win is a hateful move? It’s what I would want our coach to do. I’m selfish that way too. 

It depends on which you think is more important: winning an individual contest or winning a championship.  Players and coaches tend to focus on the former, because that's their job.  GMs and owners should be focused on the latter.  The fact is that Houston voluntarily gave away something of great value yesterday, in exchange for being able to say that they won three games instead of two.  That's a pretty terrible tradeoff.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.