Annual “Black Monday” - (Insert NFL Coach’s Name) has been released - Thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Everyone likes to pile on the zone defense that Frazier does in spite of the fact that we ended the season #2 in points allowed 

Show us the last team that win the SB with the zone D as the primary scheme.

On 1/5/2023 at 2:41 PM, 716 said:

I feel like he survives through 1st year of new ownership for "stability" purposes.

Would not be shocked at all if he doesn't though..and that was before his elimination remarks. 

I disagree. Davis is one of the "poorest" owners in the league. I doubt he eats another huge contract so quickly. 

I musta missed these.  What were they?

On 1/5/2023 at 3:11 PM, dpberr said:

I  think three coaches will retire:

Ron Rivera 

Pete Carroll 

Bill Belichick 

I’d be surprised to see Pete Carroll retire. He’s seemed reenergized all season long. And Seattle just made the playoffs + they have that bounty of picks coming from the Wilson trade. 

Would Kraft move on from Belichick? I think he gets at least 1 more season, but who knows. I don’t think Belichick retires though. I think he might be chasing Shula’s all time win record.

Rivera - who knows what Washington will do. But with all the turmoil would they really want to have a coaching search right now? How would that even work with the whole ongoing ownership situation? i could see Rivera retire for health reasons though. And I could see Washington fire him. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, H2o said:

I figured they'd give Lovie at least one more year, but Houston has been a 💩 show for quite some time. 

TBH, I think Houston is "fueling the fire" of Brian Flores contention that when black HC do get hired, it's often tokenism with the HC as a placeholder.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Would Kraft move on from Belichick? I think he gets at least 1 more season, but who knows. I don’t think Belichick retires though. I think he might be chasing Shula’s all time win record.

Yeah, Belichick just confirmed he is back for 2023 (see my post just a little above).

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.