Rumor: McDaniel could be fired if Fins lose to the Jets and miss playoffs

Greg S

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

(1) Fins Talk Sports Network on Twitter: "#BreakingNews per @ArmandoSalguero of @Outkick - Mike McDaniel, Chris Grier, and Josh Boyers jobs are at risk if the Miami Dolphins lose against the Jets and miss the Playoffs next Sunday đź‘€ #FinsUp https://t.co/MiOT1bHHmm" / Twitter

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS, JETS!! The handling of Tua in the first Bills game wants me to want him fired!! Don't feed me no back injury BS when teammates had to hold him upright

Edited by Solomon Grundy

6 minutes ago, arcane said:

Halftime adjustments, their D figured us out and despite hitting the red zone we could not finish any drives in half 2. Allen walked up and down the field yes, he bails us out from time to time. Miami executed better than we did and came away with the win. I'm willing to pass on that game if people really want to dig their heels in, because I'm not saying that the staff is BETTER than ours, but I think that team built itself for years to catch up to us and that preparation showed. They will not be an existential threat to us as long as allen is here, and our coaches are absolutely capable of swinging the pendulum back at them.

In the second game I don't think there's any pushback to the idea that they out-coached us, and that superman Allen saved the day.

They won, forced a turnover in a critical area, and bowed up to force red zone stops at key times in the game. The bills choked all their key moments in that game. 

So yes, that's generally how I qualify executing 

Josh threw a lame duck pass on an easy TD to Dirty.  That’s not them executing.  We doubled their yards, first downs and TOP.  That’s not executing. Like YOU said….the Bills choked.  Thank you for proving my point.  Next.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, arcane said:

Halftime adjustments, their D figured us out and despite hitting the red zone we could not finish any drives in half 2. Allen walked up and down the field yes, he bails us out from time to time. Miami executed better than we did and came away with the win. I'm willing to pass on that game if people really want to dig their heels in, because I'm not saying that the staff is BETTER than ours, but I think that team built itself for years to catch up to us and that preparation showed. They will not be an existential threat to us as long as allen is here, and our coaches are absolutely capable of swinging the pendulum back at them.

In the second game I don't think there's any pushback to the idea that they out-coached us, and that superman Allen saved the day.

They won, forced a turnover in a critical area, and bowed up to force red zone stops at key times in the game. The bills choked all their key moments in that game. 

So yes, that's generally how I qualify executing 

The outcoached us on one side of the ball second time. But their defensive gameplan still blew. 

The first time the Bills execution stopped us in the redzone, nothing else. The plays were there. We didn't make them. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, arcane said:

I don't think this would be smart, I think McDaniel is a good coach. I think he outcoached our staff (a very good staff) in both games. 

The heat outcoached our staff in Miami, and They lost here so try again.

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Im kind of torn on McDaniel.  X's and O's he seems like a savant.  However, his general demeanor seems like he will have trouble getting grown alpha-males who are physically at the top of our species to follow him and go to the mat for him.  He will get players to buy in when things are going well, but I can see things turning on him bad in tough times.  I also think he was boorish in dealing with the Tua injuries and players pick up on that.

IMO Payton is a bit overrated, although I would be frothing at the mouth for Ralph to open the checkbook for him if this were 2008.  Brady could probably make that offense work, but that machine is a Hill or Waddle injury away from being shut right down.  

The Head Coach's job is not a necessary prerequisite to be the ultimate X's and O's guy. It's to be a leader so the players and coaches under him can have faith and confidence in the kinds of decisions as the Tua concussions and on field decisions McDermott and Taylor needed to force on last Monday. Of course other attributes are important for a HC to have but being a great coordinator means nothing without great leadership qualities.

I enjoy the offense he put together, it’s a really friendly scheme. I was curious once it kinda got “figured out” taking away the middle of the field  if he could adjust it, so far he has not. Their defense being so bad with that much talent has to be maddening for their fans. I would consider cleaning house if I was Miami. Some guys are just better coordinators. Some guys are better head coaches than coordinators (Daboll) 

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We could not stop them??  They were 5/14 on third downs. 1/1 on 4th.  They had 20 first downs.  Which is decent amount….. but nothing close to “can’t be stopped”.  Tua was 17/30 passing. 

We couldn’t stop Jeff Wilson?  Interesting.  Care to explain? 

Go look back at the tape. We could barely stop the run and the only reason we won that game was because of Allen and the offense. You forget to mention that Tua had 234 total passing yards and two TDS he pretty much did his job and did everything he could to help his team win the game. They were in the lead and should’ve won that game. McDaniel is the one who abandoned the running game which screwed things up for them later in the game especially since their defense couldn't stop a nose bleed.  

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Go look back at the tape. We could barely stop the run and the only reason we won that game was because of Allen and the offense. You forget to mention that Tua had 234 total passing yards and two TDS he pretty much did his job and did everything he could to help his team win the game. They were in the lead and should’ve won that game. McDaniel is the one who abandoned the running game which screwed things up for them later in the game especially since their defense couldn't stop a nose bleed.  

Also I meant Mostert not Wilson jr. Mostert had 136 yards rushing on only 17 attempts. If McDaniel would’ve stuck to the running game then Buffalo would’ve lost

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Also I meant Mostert not Wilson jr. Mostert had 136 yards rushing on only 17 attempts. If McDaniel would’ve stuck to the running game then Buffalo would’ve lost

I’ve watched it 3 times, just like Ii’ve watched every Bills.  

It seems you don’t know what it means when you say “we couldn’t stop them”.  We most certainly DID stop them.  Not all game….. but when it mattered most.  To WIN the game-  6:04 left in the game.  Tied 29-29.  Thomas Morstead punter for 36 yards.  His 4th punt of the game.  Why would they punt 4 times if we couldn’t stop them?  I’ll wait……and you’ll make up some nonsense to try and prove you’re right. But you’re still wrong. 

I think Ross is gonna go after Harbaugh. I think we can agree Harbaugh isn’t leaving Michigan for a rebuilding team in Carolina or Denver with a washed up veteran QB who the locker room hates. Miami has a good roster outside of the QB position which makes me believe if they get Harbaugh then they’re gonna go after Brady, Rodgers or Jackson

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Agree but weren't they 8-3. To miss the playoffs at that point is a pretty big collapse.

That happens to many teams losing a top 10 QB and relying on their #2 and #3 QB's.  The winning isn't sustainable. We are lucky Josh is a warrior. 4 games of Keenum and we'd probably have gone 2-2 instead of 4-0

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I understand Steven Ross would like to have Jim Harbaugh be the head coach of his team. McDaniel has a 4-year contract reportedly worth 45mil. Perhaps Ross just keeps paying McDaniel and hires Harbaugh. Ross certainly has the money to do what he wants.

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

(1) Fins Talk Sports Network on Twitter: "#BreakingNews per @ArmandoSalguero of @Outkick - Mike McDaniel, Chris Grier, and Josh Boyers jobs are at risk if the Miami Dolphins lose against the Jets and miss the Playoffs next Sunday đź‘€ #FinsUp https://t.co/MiOT1bHHmm" / Twitter

What a ***** show if this report is true.

Yeah, they imploded but there were plenty of green chutes for them to hang on to continue with McDaniel.

If they fire him they deserve to be a dumpster fire.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.