Uber ing to and from the game

ProcessTruster

Well I know something of this.  Last game vs. the 'Phins went to the ECC lots where I would normally park near their football field.  On this day they were filled earlier than normal so I had to park on the southside of the campus.  After the game I ran into a line of 10 or so Uber drivers lined up near where I parked.  It's a fairly easy exit from those lots with a traffic light controlled by an Erie County Sheriff Deputy that allows entry onto Route 20 (Southwestern Drive) so it makes sense to have a pickup location there.  I do not know how many other such locations there might be but this seemed like a well thought out one.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Great.  Figure I could just walk down to Danny's or the Big Tree for pickup afterwards.... 

Immediately after the game they had in the past for a certain amount of time make a central pickup zone over at the ecc campus. I tried to get it from dannys big tree and couldn't.  Had to walk all the way over and wait even longer. You need to be in proximity before it works, too. You can't get the ride until you get to within a range of the zone. 

47 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Surge charges on Uber were immense the one time I took it from the game.  I regretted it (never mind the 45 minute wait in the drizzle at the pickup point)

DWIs are always more expensive than surge. You could not drink, but I’m not going to ask you do something I can't do myself.

ECC is the best pickup options, unless you hang out at Big Tree or Dannys until the end of the 4:00 games, traffic is usually cleared by then and they can pick you up at the location, not the event pick up/drop off

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.