Prayer/Well-wishes thread for Damar and his family

BillsFan619

I got this idea from hearing that the person on SportsCenter prayed as well as some of the in person prayer vigils that have been happening. It can be healing and encouraging for people to see or say prayers or well-wishes. I know there’s some of this going on in the injury thread but this can be a dedicated thread just for prayers or well-wishes.

Mods, please do with this thread as you may.

God, even with the difficult circumstances, I thank you for another day of life. I start out by asking that you be with Damar. You care about him greatly. Thank you that he’s still alive and in the care of capable people. Give him the strength to keep fighting and wake up. In time, help him to make a full recovery.

Please be with his family and friends. Please give them peace during this very difficult time. Also, give them strength to persevere through this long and unknown time.

Please be with the doctors, give them wisdom with every decision they have to make during this process.  Please encourage them as well. It must be a very difficult time for them.

I also pray for all the bills players and coaches  What they went through on Monday night was very difficult. Please give them peace and encouragement today. Please give them focus for next steps. Please give them the courage to reach out for more help if they need it.

Thank you for hearing our prayers. I love and respect you, God. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Please feel free to add your own prayer or well-wishes in this thread.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Awesome! (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Prayer/Well wishes thread for Damar and his family

this was on my feed and is Very appropriate to this thread

Each day as I pray for Damar’s health & the entire Bills organization, I specifically pray for this man, Len Vanden Bos, Buffalo Bills assist DB coach & team chaplain, as he ministers to the team & staff through this tragedy.

Len is an incredible man of faith who coaches players & staff in the game, in faith & in life. You can see Len in the center of the prayer circle at midfield after each game, leading both teams in a closing prayer.

I’m so grateful to Len as he has been a huge support, friend & source of encouragement to me over these last 4 seasons in my role as chaplain for the Buffalo Sabres, walking patiently with me in coaching me what it means to serve the players & staff that God has put around me in the NHL.

Would you join me in praying specifically for Len today? Pray that God would use Len to be a person of Hope & Healing in every conversation as he ministers & points people to Jesus. Thank you, Len. May God continue to bless you as you serve so many so well.

#PrayForDamar #BuffaloBills #NFL #NHL #OneBuffalo

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Prayer/Well-wishes thread for Damar and his family
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.