Week 18: Pats at Bills, Sunday 1/8 1pm

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I really want to annihilate the Patriots this weekend, but at the same time, I don't want to help the Dolphins. I really don't want the bills to have to play the Dolphins again this season. Let's hope the jets can pull a miracle. Also, is Tua playing this week? 

No, he is not playing. 

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for sharing it that way. So the Bengals and Ravens would play two weeks in a row in the same stadium. (And we thought it was wild when the Bills kept the same locker room in Detroit.) 

With that scenario I can see the Chargers beating Jax, to then go to KC and knock off KC. 

I hope it goes just like that. And I think jags could give chargers a hard time. But I don’t think ravens can deal with cin without Lamar. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Success said:

So, if we beat the Pats on Sunday (I'm fairly sure we will, but who knows w/ the circumstances)....is there a chance we'd face them again right away in the 1st round of the playoffs?  Could we end up w/ the 2 seed, and the Pats end up w/ the 7 seed if both Miami & Pitt lose?

Yes. I think chance of jets winning w Flacco going down to Miami is low . 

...also think Brownies beating Pitt in Pitt is unlikely too. Strange energy from Brownies. 

Both happening at once even more unlikely. 

Pretty happy with notion of playing Pitt or Miami in Buff. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Yes. I think chance of jets winning w Flacco going down to Miami is low . 

...also think Brownies beating Pitt in Pitt is unlikely too. Strange energy from Brownies. 

Both happening at once even more unlikely. 

Pretty happy with notion of playing Pitt or Miami in Buff. 

If they do a better job against the run, then they should beat Miami fairly easily. Tua isn't playing. TB has a broken finger on his throwing hand. Miami might have to use a scrub at QB. Pitt with that offense isn't beating the Bills in Buffalo. The Steelers D could keep things close.

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I really want to annihilate the Patriots this weekend, but at the same time, I don't want to help the Dolphins. I really don't want the bills to have to play the Dolphins again this season. Let's hope the jets can pull a miracle. Also, is Tua playing this week? 

the Jets beating the Dolphins would be far from a miracle.

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Assuming they haven't checked out already. 

the Jets have most certainly not checked out. They are in it this week to beat the dolphins for sure. Their comments and their coaches comments have told me.

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Have you seen the jets lately? Do you really have that much faith in Flacco and a team that is basically playing for nothing 

Flacco is their best QB, lots of weapons, Great defense. The dolphins suck without Tua. Yes I think the Jets have a more than legit chance at beating the dolphins. Apparently Vegas thinks the Jets have a legit chance too. 

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

the Jets beating the Dolphins would be far from a miracle.

They crushed the Fins when they faced Thompson last game. Bridgewater was in for a very short time and got knocked out. I think it's the Fins most lopsided loss of the season.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Have you seen the jets lately? Do you really have that much faith in Flacco and a team that is basically playing for nothing 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/06/skylar-thompson-to-start-vs-jets-on-sunday/

Since the Dolphins are basically playing with a guy worse than Flacco, I'm picking the Jets. But who knows. Jets are 1.5 point favorites.

13 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Flacco is their best QB, lots of weapons, Great defense. The dolphins suck without Tua. Yes I think the Jets have a more than legit chance at beating the dolphins. Apparently Vegas thinks the Jets have a legit chance too. 

Best current healthy QB, maybe.

• Agree 1

Man. Dolphins better hope they get a gem out of Thompson and make the playoffs. Rumblings of McDaniel being fired. Going all in with Tua and some of their personnel moves (trading for hill and Chubb and then paying them big $). Beyond their current losing skid, could go sideways fast. 

For the record, while I think he’s one strange bird, I think they’d be nuts to get rid of McDaniel after what he’s done for Tua. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.