Week 18: Pats at Bills, Sunday 1/8 1pm

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

I hate that phrase “trap game,” but this suddenly feels like a trap game.

Either the Cheatriots take advantage of an emotionally drained Bills team and get the W, or the Bills go Beast Mode for Hamlin and hang 50 on them. 

Let’s hope for the latter, but my gut says we come out fairly flat. 

Go beast mode for Hamlin!! :cry:

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Do the Bills bring up Cole Beasley for his 3rd and final call up? Or do they save him in case they have to play Cinci week 19?

I believe this past week was his final call up. Not sure if the nfl will allow it for this week seeing the circumstances have changed. 

26 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I'm trying to remember if we saw a combination of Poyer/Johnson earlier this year?  I know we had Johnson and Damar...

My guess is that Cam Lewis is ahead of Marlowe.  Cam brings some athleticism, albeit some questionable decision making

I think it will be Marlowe. From what I have read, Cam has been active over Marlowe because he plays Special Teams and can play corner in a pinch, whereas Marlowe does not offer the same flexibility. 

I think this staff will go with the veteran in Marlowe, knowing he will likely make the safer decisions. But definitely expect both Marlowe and Cam to be active

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Cole's third call up was this past Monday night - assuming it still counts as a call up? 

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I believe this past week was his final call up. Not sure if the nfl will allow it for this week seeing the circumstances have changed. 

As of now that game doesn't count 

16 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Cole's third call up was this past Monday night - assuming it still counts as a call up? 

I think the NFL has to provide clarity on their plan moving forward. If it is being ruled a no contest then it wouldn't count.

4 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Just looked at the available Free Agent safeties, and Jason McCourty is the only name I even remotely recognize.  Cupboard is pretty bare.

I would be all for signing McCourty and not even playing him if it means getting him off GMFB

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Draconator said:

The only thing I can think of is depth. It also tells me that Benford is ready to play. 

Even though Rhodes has never played safety, I’d have to believe he’d be better at that position than an undrafted journeyman on his 3rd or 4th team but hey, I’m just a guy sitting on a couch 😅

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well this would likely be the worst case scenario in terms of scheduling. 

So, if we didn't get the win against Cincy - we'd have no week off at any point, even if we made the SB.  If I'm reading that right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.