Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

You're right, you're not that team anymore, you're the team that should have lost to the Patriots last week before that gift of a fumble. 

The Bills have lost 3 games this year by a total of 8 points. The sheer confidence you have that the Bengals were going to win that game is pretty comical. 

The NFL has approved plans for neutral site in the AFCC in event that game mattered, so no, you aren't getting screwed the league literally went out of their way to make that game fair. 

Good sportsmanship by the Bengals, but don't forget their players didn't want to play either and your QB also stated that some of your guys didn't even want to play this weekend... before agreeing to stop play your coach should have gotten agreement on future resumption or forfeit, that's on him. 

I hope we get a Bills v Bengals AFCC, and it will be neutral site if so most likely. 

21 minutes ago, RandomBengalFan said:

First of all I am so happy and relieved that Damar is making a full recovery.  That had shook me up all week and was praying for the best.

Your medical assistant who performed cpr is a hero!

And I knew that UC would do a great job as they saved my life as well, when I had a workplace accident, breathing tube and trachea, 10 day induced coma.  They are a world class facility.

Now onto football.  My Bengals are getting royally screwed here.  I think the 2 seed is solid gold, don't think the Chiefs will win their first matchup even, and the 2 seed will get home field the rest of the way. They have been struggling mightily, barely beating the Texans, barely beating the Broncos.  No one is scared of them, maybe the Bills?  After that 13 second thing. More of a mental hurdle, I feel you guys are actually the better team. And wow is Leslie Frazier bad, we know he was in Cincy and we didn't want him.

I feel the Bengals would beat the Chiefs, so would the Jags, so would the Chargers, the Bills really ought to cause your better than them.

I just feel bad for our team, and city and fans.  We did everything right under hard circumstances.  And to get punished for it.  We were gonna beat you guys.  Period.  And our defense tends to get better second half.  Wish Bills did the honorable thing and forfeited the game.  I know many of you disagree. 

And I read one post that said well Joe Burrow shouldn't of thrown 4 picks in the opener with the Steelers.  Yeah and he just had come off of an appendectomy, with brand new offensive line, and we still would of won but a freak injury of our long snapper, double torn pecs, so we missed an extra point that would of sealed it.

We're not that team anymore, and if anyone who can overcome getting f'ed by the NFL it's my Bengals.  Bring it on.

Damar Hamlin is great kid and I'm sure he will be back on the field for you guys next year.  Look forward to it.  Best of luck to you Bills fans except when you play my Bengals lol.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, RandomBengalFan said:

Could be.  I hope we get to meet in the Playoffs and let's get to decide it for real. 

If the Bills D can hold up when missing so many key pieces, I think that's exactly what will happen.

12 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

You were much kinder than I would have been.

I wrote a paragraph and then was like. Ahhh one of our players just died. Let's chill lol. I can take a step back at this moment in time.

Waiting for RandoBengozPhan to show the betting ticket for 35k on Cinci that he had.

I'll wait.

Edited by Dick_Cheney
  • Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'll take the 2 seed. We won't have to play KC or Cinci at their house. I'm good with that because I think the Bills were going to lose on Monday night vs the Bengals. I totally understand the disappointment if you think the Bills were going to win that game. 

I meant more that the Bengals asked for teams to vote against it. Maybe it is a case of the front office looking after the Bills only but I would have preferred it, as a form of thanks, if they had followed the Bengals request.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, RandomBengalFan said:

First of all I am so happy and relieved that Damar is making a full recovery.  That had shook me up all week and was praying for the best.

And I knew that UC would do a great job as they saved my life as well, when I had a workplace accident, breathing tube and trachea, 10 day induced coma.  They are a world class facility.

Now onto football.  My Bengals are getting royally screwed here.  I think the 2 seed is solid gold, don't think the Chiefs will win their first matchup even, and the 2 seed will get home field the rest of the way. They have been struggling mightily, barely beating the Texans, barely beating the Broncos.  No one is scared of them, maybe the Bills?  After that 13 second thing. More of a mental hurdle, I feel you guys are actually the better team. And wow is Leslie Frazier bad, we know he was in Cincy and we didn't want him.

I feel the Bengals would beat the Chiefs, so would the Jags, so would the Chargers, the Bills really ought to cause your better than them.

I just feel bad for our team, and city and fans.  We did everything right under hard circumstances.  And to get punished for it.  We were gonna beat you guys.  Period.  And our defense tends to get better second half.  Wish Bills did the honorable thing and forfeited the game.  I know many of you disagree. 

And I read one post that said well Joe Burrow shouldn't of thrown 4 picks in the opener with the Steelers.  Yeah and he just had come off of an appendectomy, with brand new offensive line, and we still would of won but a freak injury of our long snapper, double torn pecs, so we missed an extra point that would of sealed it.

We're not that team anymore, and if anyone who can overcome getting f'ed by the NFL it's my Bengals.  Bring it on.

Damar Hamlin is great kid and I'm sure he will be back on the field for you guys next year.  Look forward to it.  Best of luck to you Bills fans except when you play my Bengals lol.

Let’s just start with the immediate. Check into the Bills record for starting the FIRST quarter down and how that ended up this season. Isn’t anyone scared of KC, they are a spectacular team and the record she’s shows as much. Your defense…surrendered many points against teams they also should have put away (Pats). All this is why they play the game. Nobody, I’ll repeat…NOBODY wanted to finish the game Monday, we won’t ever know, just speculation. I don’t care for the turn out, personally I think the 1 seed would be for the Bills…it’s not at this moment. You can talk about Joe and injuries, , every tan can do the same (Ravens haven’t had Lamar in how long..5 weeks?). 

Damar is living, the players are healing, finish the season and if there’sa justice Bills vs Bengals for championship and life will be amazing!!!

47 minutes ago, JMM said:

Yes, I've been absolutely DISGUSTED by some of the comments on social media. So many angry small minded selfish people out there. 

As soon as Damar showed signs of improvement, I knew this was going to happen.

Also a reason why I wasn't at all mad with what Skip Bayless tweeted. Everyone was secretly thinking it, he's the only one who said it.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I don't believe the league really had a clue about what was going on and was ready to give input until McD was on the phone with somebody in the tunnel.

That was the most surprising thing to me. That there wasn't a plan. That they didn't already have protocol for what was going down. With as much as an emphasis as player safety has been lately along with just the general aspect of the game being dangerous, this surprised me. Disaster Recovery is a super common protocol to have in the tech world. Even not even getting to that point. Mitigation. Rapid response.

The league seemed completely taken aback by what went down. For being one of the most powerful business institutions on the planet, it's ***** insane to me that nobody, anywhere, ever stepped up and said "Hey, we need a real plan for this, and we need it now."

I'm not sure if anyone has said this just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hamlin sues the league. I don't think he should sue the Bills, but the league, hell yeah, I hope he does. And he'll win or at least get a huge settlement and he'll help establish a precedent that is extremely helpful and healthy for players going forward. That's the most shocking thing about all this. This was overdue. The fact that the NFL is floundering in its reaction, unreal. High school level naivety.

So what ideas do you have for your disaster plan?  

ACTIONS TO TAKE IN EVENT OF PLAYER DEATH DURING GAME:

1) clear away blood and body parts to avoid creating a trip hazard. 
2) allow players a 5-minute break and then 5 minutes to warm up. 
3) allow team whose player died to designate a new captain, if the dead player was one. 
4) ???

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

I wasn't at all mad with what Skip Bayless tweeted. Everyone was secretly thinking it

I have no idea what Skip Bayless tweeted but I'd guess it bore little resemblance to what I was secretly thinking. 

And no you don't need to tell me what he tweeted, because I don't care. <_<

6 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

3) allow team whose player died to designate a new captain, if the dead player was one. 
4) ???

4) Random number generator to sacrificially execute one opposing player in the interests of equity?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Let’s just start with the immediate. Check into the Bills record for starting the FIRST quarter down and how that ended up this season. Isn’t anyone scared of KC, they are a spectacular team and the record she’s shows as much. Your defense…surrendered many points against teams they also should have put away (Pats). All this is why they play the game. Nobody, I’ll repeat…NOBODY wanted to finish the game Monday, we won’t ever know, just speculation. I don’t care for the turn out, personally I think the 1 seed would be for the Bills…it’s not at this moment. You can talk about Joe and injuries, , every tan can do the same (Ravens haven’t had Lamar in how long..5 weeks?). 

Damar is living, the players are healing, finish the season and if there’sa justice Bills vs Bengals for championship and life will be amazing!!!

Please no. We won't be able to speak to each other for all the moaning from the Bengals about having to come to Orchard Park as they should have first seed. Though, to be fair, I do think any Bengals-Bills match up post season should be held on a neutral field.

But for our sanity it would be best if the Bengals beat the Ravens on Sunday then lose to them in the Wildcard round.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, RandomBengalFan said:

I know it brother, and you are entitled to your opinion.  I just felt like we were really dialed in, and we were rolling.  Felt in my heart we were going to make a statement, in a statement kind of game.  All our receivers were dialed in, the tight end, Burrow dropping dimes. Mixon looked sharp, not that we needed to run.  You guys were very effective in the run game, but I believe in Lou Anaroumo to make adjustments too, he's great at that at halftime.  I'm just bummed out.  Feels unfair.  👍

Could be.  I hope we get to meet in the Playoffs and let's get to decide it for real.  Love the Bills Mafia since your reactions of the Tyler Boyd touchdown vs. Ravens that sent you to the Playoffs 😊

Here’s a link. Go take your complaints there. http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

4) ???

I don't know Step 4. But Step 5 is definitely, Profit! 

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I wrote a paragraph and then was like. Ahhh one of our players just died. Let's chill lol. I can take a step back at this moment in time.

Waiting for RandoBengozPhan to show the betting ticket for 35k on Cinci that he had.

I'll wait.

Dick, oddly enough, the only nfl team I wagered on was the Chiefs.  But on the alt spread, - 2.5, didn't have much confidence in them even home against Russell Wilson.  They barely covered even that.

I really didn't know what to expect with Bills v. Bengals so I laid off.

I felt we matched up well.  Freak thing that happened.  Glad Hamlin is OK.  My parlay got busted on a soccer game anyway, tend to mix it up with NFL, Soccer, NBA, NHL, whatever looks easy.  Didn't think the Bills would be an easy game prior to our matchup.

Edited by RandomBengalFan
Typo

24 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

4) ???

Solid!!! Maybe throw in a free beer for the fans for distraction, potty break for players being the 5 minute warmup..?

Edited by WyoAZBillfan

1 hour ago, RandomBengalFan said:

I am in a group text where one person has spent the last 3 days relentlessly ranting about how the Bills got screwed. I don’t think I can be their friend anymore. (I’m being serious. He’s been ranting since the day after the Hamlin deal about how the league better not screw us by not playing the game)

But one thing I keep coming back to for Buffalo and the 1 seed is that we had 15 other games to handle business. I think Tomlin said the same thing.

With the Bengals, you never had control of the one seed. It was win out and other stuff. So that part doesn’t bother me. The Ravens thing is wild. Such an odd scenario to have the same number of wins and lose both head to heads but win the tie breaker. Ultimately, I would be shocked if that happened. You’ll win the division. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Cause I don’t really believed the nfl did. Mcd and Taylor talked, mcd said we’re not going back out there and Taylor went along with him. The players association stepped in and told the nfl the game was done. maybe I’m wrong but that’s how I’m seeing it

Even if that’s true, which according to the NFL it is not true…but let’s assume it is.

The game still could have been rescheduled. The NFL, not Buffalo, canceled it. Why is that so hard to understand?

1 hour ago, RandomBengalFan said:

Sorry Miss Cleo, but there’s no way of knowing who was winning that game. You had a 4 point lead in the 1st quarter. You would have squandered a 22 point lead against the Pats if not for a very controversial call. 

Every game counts, and your team has already lost 4 times. That’s not Buffalo’s fault. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Please no. We won't be able to speak to each other for all the moaning from the Bengals about having to come to Orchard Park as they should have first seed. Though, to be fair, I do think any Bengals-Bills match up post season should be held on a neutral field.

But for our sanity it would be best if the Bengals beat the Ravens on Sunday then lose to them in the Wildcard round.

Not disagreeing with any of what you said there. It’s just amazing how short memories are. If we are to talk football this, as requested, those memories are shorter. Just play the games, we can’t change what’s happened, this is the environment we’re living in. 
Go Bills

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, RandomBengalFan said:

you had me agreeing until that part about how you know for sure the bengals would’ve won. We bills fans were also confident in a win. Our defense always seems to struggle the first couple drives of the game but then dial in as the games goes on and bend but don’t break when the games on the line. I believe Every game we started down by a score we won, too. 

but anyway, that’s besides the point. None of us know how that game would’ve turned out.

I feel like both the Bills and Bengals are getting the short end of the stick while KC is the team making out (if they base the #1 seed on win %).

The Bills have held the #1 seed most of the season. They controlled their own destiny. Nobody could take the #1 seed without a Bills loss or tie. Now, if they go by win %, the Bills will be stripped of the #1 seed even with a win on Sunday. Despite the fact they hold the #1 seed now and beat KC head to head (like Cincy did). And if they go by win % we don’t even get a 50/50 shot at it with a coin toss.

I agree the bengals did everything right. I feel the same way about how the Bills handled it. I think both teams are first class and I have a lot of new found respect for Zac Taylor and Joe Burrow. Between this incident and the Andy Dalton miracle pass that helped break Buffalo’s 17yr playoff drought I feel a kinship with bengals fans. I’ll be rooting for Cincy to go all the way if the Bills are eliminated.

Edited by BillsFan4

6 hours ago, RandomBengalFan said:

I know it brother, and you are entitled to your opinion.  I just felt like we were really dialed in, and we were rolling.  Felt in my heart we were going to make a statement, in a statement kind of game.  All our receivers were dialed in, the tight end, Burrow dropping dimes. Mixon looked sharp, not that we needed to run.  You guys were very effective in the run game, but I believe in Lou Anaroumo to make adjustments too, he's great at that at halftime.  I'm just bummed out.  Feels unfair.  👍

I doubt it as we've played 24 straight games without losing by more than double digits.  We're 5-0 when trailing with six minutes left in the first quarter this year.  The main reason in those games is it usually takes our defense a couple of drives to make the necessary adjustments.  Although the Bengals passing weapons would've made it more difficult than any other opponent we've played this season. 

Josh Allen throughout his career has played his best in Prime Time.  Our running game on that first drive was pretty effective.  The Bengals offense is similar to the Bills where they can go from really hot to cold pretty quickly.  The game was still up in the air at that point imo and would've been a 27-24 type of game.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.