Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

11 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Honestly kind of bummed about this solution. I was looking forward to possibly buying tickets to the AFC championship game in Buffalo this year. Pretty good odds if we make it we will be playing the Bengals or Chiefs.

Unlikely we would be playing the Bengals in the Championship game.  And it doesn't say anything about games before then.

For me, I hope it comes to pass, Bills vs KC in a place to be named, hopefully a dome.  Seems like it would be reasonably priced available tickets.

100% hate it because they lost to both Buffalo in their house and cincy and also have had a cake schedule barely beating houston and honestly would probably lose first round of the playoffs but now get a free pass…but like you said not there fault. Hopefully they lose to da raiders 🥳 

14 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Honestly kind of bummed about this solution. I was looking forward to possibly buying tickets to the AFC championship game in Buffalo this year. Pretty good odds if we make it we will be playing the Bengals or Chiefs.

Already did- thought it would be a great first playoff game for the family and a decent chance of happening, oh well, we’ll see

4 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Oh okay. 

Yeah the more I think about it, if KC loses this week and we win, the result in Cincy wouldn't have changed anything. 

So this week, win and if we end up playing Cincy and/or KC they will be neutral if they both also win. 

I think this solution does really make the most sense. 

The coin flip for ravens/Cincy seems odd though.  Why not keep this as a neutral as well if needed vs coin flip?  What's different?

No if the Chiefs lose this week and we win and the Bengals also win then the game last week would have been for the 1 or 2 seed between us and the Bengals, without it I think they might be stuck with the 3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GoBills19 said:

Yeah that seems like the right thing to do now a days. Don’t agree with someone, just ban them. Soft 

I refuse to go back and forth with you.

Karma comes back eventually.  Just hope you are prepared.  

On the block list you go. Softy

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Maybe I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist but moving the conference championship game to a neutral site opens up the league to always have it at a neutral site

Imagine having a final four type situation for the NFL, both conference championship games in the same location and then the super bowl the following weekend

That is straight money for the league 

I wouldn’t rule it out but it would kinda lessen the impact of having the 1 seed besides the bye. I wouldn’t see the nfl doing that permanently but who knows

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.