Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

23 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Cancel the season for the Bills. 

No forfeiting the games for the Bills is ridiculous  imo.   Again, these are pros.  They see pain and risk their life every snap. 

They could cancel Cincy, their is to much riding on the Pats game for to many teams make the playoffs not to have a decision 1 way or the other. Mind you the Bills could have their worst game of the year and still spank my Pats.. lol 

25 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Is this fair to the other teams example just letting New England win and they make the playoffs and another team getting eliminated that would otherwise have made it

No! But is it fair to the Pays to lose out on the playoffs because the Bills can’t play. No matter what they decide someone gonna be unhappy. This is unprecedented and I don’t see a perfect solution for anyone. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

The only scenario in which the game wouldn’t matter last night is if the Bills beat the Pats, the Bengals lose to the Ravens, and the Chiefs lose to the Raiders. If it doesn’t play out exactly like this, I’m all for the coin toss to determine the 1 seed versus just handing it to KC because the game went down as a no contest.

EDIT: Actually in this scenario it’d matter to the Bengals because the Ravens could potentially win the division on the coin flip. It won’t be fair to any team it looks like, whatever is decided.

Have the coin toss before this Sunday.  That way teams know where they stand going into the final week.

There is literally no combinations of wins and losses that renders yesterday's game irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Honestly we should probably just forfeit. It’s not fair to cincy 

I agree with this. It would be honorable in a number of ways:

- Cincinnati; the coach, the team, the city, was selfless in their concern for Damar and the Bills. Give them the W and say thank you.

- It would show our players that we care about their mental and emotional wellbeing

- It would be a true, brotherly statement to Damar - his life and health is more important than the game.

Something terrible happened last night. We can't make all outcomes be good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, RochesterLifer said:

- Cincinnati; the coach, the team, the city, was selfless in their concern for Damar and the Bills. Give them the W and say thank you.

- It would show our players that we care about their mental and emotional wellbeing

- It would be a true, brotherly statement to Damar - his life and health is more important than the game.

Cincy wouldn't want to win the division this way.

52 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

It’s possible they did and the team or NFLPA pushed back. Pure speculation and we’ll never know for sure.

Definitely a possibility. The report I heard talked about the NFL speaking with the teams and NFLPA among others before making their decision. I think there’s still a real chance the game gets completed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Have that conversation when it happens.  Why is there a rush on everything else?  It hasn't even been 24 hours

Because life goes on and not everyone has to crawl into a fetal position sucking their thumbs when bad things happen.

What do you think Bil Belichek is doing?  Do you think he is having sensitivity training for his players, or is he plotting how to exploit this tragedy to his benefit?

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can’t really push to Monday or Tuesday. Then you are putting teams at a rest disadvantage for the playoffs.

Agreed - especially since it impacts not just the Bills and NE, but potentially the Jets, Miami, and Pittsburgh and who plays when and who plays whom.

• Vomit 1

15 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

NFLPA agreed to postpone. They did not agree to postpone and give only the Bills a loss.

It's only a forfeit of they reschedule the game and we choose to not take the field at that date.

5 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

No. This is not a possibility. We will not forfeit. Only solution is for the nfl to make up the game.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

What happened yesterday was the choice of both teams and coaches, from what I understand.  I don't think Cincy's players could have gone through w/ the game either.

Just because it was a Bills player doesn't mean the Bills have 100% ownership of the situation.  I think whatever happens should be equitable at least between the 2 teams.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

From a pure football perspective, the only positive is that they are playing a team that they already prepared for once this year and have played 3  times in the last 12.5 months. 

And has Mac Jones as QB

2 minutes ago, Kiva said:

No. This is not a possibility. We will not forfeit. Only solution is for the nfl to make up the game.

I think it will be more the Bills Bengals playing for #2/3 seed with smallest chance for #1 in week 18.

Edited by TBBills

Something I just thought of as it pertains to the “bye week” part of the 1 seed, specifically the value of the time off. The Bills essentially will have played less than a quarter of football in 15 days, between 12/24 and 1/8. So while they still practiced for 3 days, the one concern some had about getting the 1 seed had to do with their early bye week and having a chance to recoup with injuries  before the playoffs. They don’t have that exact advantage and would need to play a wild card game, but all is not totally lost out of the value of the 1 seed as it relates to that one specific thing (if they don’t get it).

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

And has Mac Jones as QB

Worse, has Matt Patricia as OC.. 🤮 

like I said  the Bills could beat my Pats on their worse day.. My one concern is the potential someone getting badly hurt because their head wasn’t in the game. I am guessing Football just like hockey, and if you’re not 100% focused you could get seriously hurt.. and I don’t want see that again for any team! Especially not your Bills having it happen 2 weeks in a row.. hopefully the coaches on the Bills can see the players who shouldn’t play and sit them.. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Something I just thought of as it pertains to the “bye week” part of the 1 seed, specifically the value of the time off. The Bills essentially will have played less than a quarter of football in 15 days, between 12/24 and 1/8. So while they still practiced for 3 days, the one concern some had about getting the 1 seed had to do with their early bye week and having a chance to recoup with injuries  before the playoffs. They don’t have that exact advantage and would need to play a wild card game, but all is not totally lost out of the value of the 1 seed as it relates to that one specific thing (if they don’t get it).

That only matters if they avoid injuries in their “bye” week. That obviously is not the case with the Bills.

23 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Have the coin toss before this Sunday.  That way teams know where they stand going into the final week.

There is literally no combinations of wins and losses that renders yesterday's game irrelevant.

There is no player on either team who would want that deciding their fate! 

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Because life goes on and not everyone has to crawl into a fetal position sucking their thumbs when bad things happen.

What do you think Bil Belichek is doing?  Do you think he is having sensitivity training for his players, or is he plotting how to exploit this tragedy to his benefit?

BB isn’t plotting how to exploit a tragedy. He’s trying to figure out how the hell his team is going to have a chance to win vs Josh Allen. Early forecast is 38 degrees and partly cloudy. Maybe if the Bills rest their starters but I don’t see that happening. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.