Thankful for Zac Taylor, the Bengals organization and their fans

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Nice apologium, but "cheat" is not common usage here.  You're really trying too hard

Nothing but good to say about the Bengals players coaches and fans after the tragedy struck though

It is obvious what he was saying.  Keep in mind Joe is probably the last player we choose to represent the Bengals at any type of intellectual competition....

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Nice apologium, but "cheat" is not common usage here.  You're really trying too hard

Nothing but good to say about the Bengals players coaches and fans after the tragedy struck though

"Cheat" is actually used all the time with regard to safeties creeping up, getting 8 in the box, etc. Mixon is right to say that the Bengals are a difficult team to cheat on. They aren't, say, the Jets or the Titans minus AJ Brown. The receiving corps and QB are just too good and will make you pay.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah, nothing but good to say about the coaches, players and fans. If we get knocked out of the playoffs I will be pulling for them to win it all

How can you read the posts above referencing two dirty plays in less than a quarter of football, and say you have nothing but good to say about the players?

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

How can you read the posts above referencing two dirty plays in less than a quarter of football, and say you have nothing but good to say about the players?

My guess is because the dirty hits took place before the Hamlin incident.

After it happened, all I’ve seen about all involved with the Bengals is that they were nothing but class.

In a time of true crisis it appears that Zac Taylor and the Bengals organization in general were absolutely an ally of the Buffalo Bills.

I was watching CNN International from the UK and seeing the Cincinnati fans show up to support Hamlin outside the hospital and then seeing online that the Bengals captains visited the Bills locker room. 

Both teams really wanted this game, so upsetting that Hamlin sustained such a serious injury.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Well if you expect people to be perfect in every play of every game then I guess you're welcome to hate them all you like. I'm talking about how they acted on the face of a terrible incident. 

I mean I could continue complaining about the trash they spoke before the game, but I personally prefer to not be that petty 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Well if you expect people to be perfect in every play of every game then I guess you're welcome to hate them all you like. I'm talking about how they acted on the face of a terrible incident. 

I mean I could continue complaining about the trash they spoke before the game, but I personally prefer to not be that petty 

Just because of how they behaved after the incident, does not excuse the play on the field.  If you think that is being petty, we will agree to disagree.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Just because of how they behaved after the incident, does not excuse the play on the field.  If you think that is being petty, we will agree to disagree.  

Because while we see the plays as being borderline cheap shots, the same could have been said about the Bills  hitting White in the Jets game when he had apparent injury to his ribs.  If not cracked bruised severely enough he had no business being allowed to be on the field for more hits.  Does that make Matt Milano a cheap shot player or an all pro?  Conflicting mssages and I can't say if Matt Milano is secretly some raving psychopath looking to maim other players. You get  dbs out there giving extra shots on wrs as they pass the 5 yds contact is allowed.  And that includes Tre White who is still testing himself against the top wrs and it may be awhile  before he regains his confidence in his game to not try some of the tricks to get a jab in against rules.  If he's lost his confidence than he should consider retirement and no shame in valuing his health as priority going forward.  

Stop talking with both sides of your mouth.  Want player safety,  players also need to be accountable for the extra hits, shoves and 'business decisions' that they themselves put themselves through. 

All players that are competitive are gonna try to intimidate ya if they can.  It's why Josh will take a hit and come up laughing and commenting on how he likes getting hit.  I truly don't believe Josh enjoys getting hit and having aches and pains when he gets up morning after game day?  Don't know many real masochists though I know they exist and Josh may very well be one.  Really don't need to know this,  one way or another.   I personally feel it's to intimidate the defenders who aren't used to the qb giving them shots they are used to delivering to the qb. 

Needless to say that's normal in competitors looking for any edge, however true sportsmen will not carry it over to cheap shots but just tip a hat when they get outplayed by another elite athlete then proceed to outplay them the next play.  

No the Bengals once the seriousness of the injury was apparent acted with class and they are just as traumatized as all who witnessed it.  Bad enough what we can see on video it was no doubt much worse right up and on the field.

The fact that he hasn't regained consciousness yet to determine the extent if the temp loss of oxygen is very worrisome as the range can be he lost his brains ability to develop esp.  If the player has no interest in esp then the loss is negligible. If he wakes up and loses his memories that pertain to how to play football, well it might not be a bad thing if he forgets the game and retires to what he still remembers and cares for, family and friends. He can try to trigger his memories by watching film of his playing  if he feels the gap in his memory is troubling to him.

He very well may just shrug say he doesn't miss what he isn't aware of and retires happily and with no further issues.

What we don't want is for him to wake up and not recognize anyone or worsecstill recognize everyone internally but lost ability to communicate.  All language skills lost so now he has to relearn that while trying to recover from such msssive trauma.  Loss of communication skills could leave them apprehensive and uncooperative in the rehab process through no fault on their  parts nor on the medical staff.  

No the trash talk, the extra lil shots weren't so agregious to  be out if character for any player who wants to win.  Josh has done the same when he's taken a opponent and used them to knock over his own teammate.  QBs don't do that normally but I'd say fans on those teams could see that as a cheap shot. Same argument you are making with their play.

Edited by AuntieEm

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.